Dorset Wheelchair Service

Acorn Building, St Leonards Hospital, Ringwood, Dorset, BH24 2RR

1st November 2018
Written by a family member

Between requesting a wheelchair assessment for my 90 year old mother and an appointment being made there was no contact from the wheelchair service and I had to keep ringing to ask for an update over a period of 4 months. However the two individuals (Rachel Chance and Violet White) who came to assess my mother were very considerate, helpful and kind and it is very clear that they have a great deal of concern for their clients.

25th January 2018

I moved to the area from London with a chair and cushion which were both well past their sell by date. I had been on a waiting list for re assessment for over a year. DWS saw me for an initial assessment in about four weeks , and I met with a therapist Hugh. Hugh was excellent both with the assessment and advice ( I've been in a chair almost thirty years and am a little set in my ways ) I opted to take a Kushall and pay towards the surge push rims. Communication was all done by email. Six weeks later I have received a new chair and I am delighted !! I would like to express my thanks to Dorset Wheelchair Service and particularly Hugh Miller.

23rd September 2017

We were on holiday when our daughters electric chair wouldn't work. We contacted wheelchair services and they said bring it along and well have a look. No appointment needed engineer and OT was provided and they fixed the wheelchair!!! Excellent support from this centre if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have enjoyed our holiday at all. To anyone reading this message: It doesn't matter were you are in the UK the NHS wheelchair services are available to everyone even when your on holiday. Thank you to the telephone operator, engineer and OT and the rest of the team. The Sullivan Family, LONDON 23.9.17

14th July 2017

I have been very impressed by the service provided. I was seen and assessed promptly. I was seen by Hugh who was friendly and knowledgeable. I was offered useful practical advice.

13th May 2017

I was diagnosed with MND a little over a year ago and a short while after was referred to Dorset Wheelchair Services. I had a friendly but indepth assessment and a file was opened regarding my case. It was decided that at that time the supply of a chair was not suitable but as my condition was progressive, the door was left open for me to make contact when ever I thought I needed to be assessed again. That time arrived earlier this year and a prompt appointment was made for me. It was established I now needed a wheelchair and was able to try a number of different electric chairs. When a suitable model was chosen, a new chair was ordered for me. On the day of delivery, Stella and Sue came out with my new chair and did a full indoor and outdoor assessment of the property and gave me a full practical demonstration of the chair. We also went out around the footpaths locally to see how the chair performed. The service was excellent from start to finish and can`t praise highly enough all concerned.

{{category}} working at Dorset Wheelchair Service ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Dorset Wheelchair Service: http://iwgc.net/ejpxw