Boots Chichester - North Street

76-77 North Street, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1LQ

19th February 2017

First class service Optomerist was very nice and explained things clearly and well and the young lady I saw afterwards was charming and a great advert for Boots!

18th February 2017

Staff couldn't have been more helpful. Everything was explained in detail

15th February 2017

The actual eye test was efficiently performed but the post-test discussion concerning the possible updating/replacement of my current spectacles was one of the most confusing I have ever experienced. All I wanted was an upgrade from my current prescription to take account of the eye test result. The first attempt arrived at a replacement cost of nearly £400.00, almost double the price paid on my last visit - I was told that this was as a result of inflation ?? We then established that I was entitled to a discount of 25% which reduced the price to approx. £350. I asked how 25% of £400 could amount to only £50 and not £100 and was then told that the discount only applied to the new frames (marked up at £130) - I said that this did not make sense as 25% of £130 was only around £30 and not £50. Then followed a discussion concerning a possible downgrade of lense coating, tints etc etc. I was also informed that were I to purchase new spectacles, I would have to wait 7-10 days for delivery which would not have been acceptable to me. Anyway, I had by then begun to lose the will to live and left the store resolving to make do with my existing spectacles for the time being. Michael HALEY

12th February 2017

The staff at Boots Opticians, Chichester were all very helpful and professional. I was especially impressed with the Canadian Optometrist who gave me an early recall for a possible cataract operation in six months' time.

10th February 2017