Miss Alison Maugham

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 2

8th January 2018
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I was admitted to the MRI on 23rd November 2017 and underwent a Liver Resection under the care of Mr Deshpande and his team. The planned admission outlined by Mr Deshpande for my surgery went ahead exactly as he had explained. He and his team were extremely professional, diligent and caring throughout my stay in hospital. The anaesthetist listened to my concerns, ensured that my pain control was managed effectively throughout and despite having had severe chest problems following previous operations, I experienced no adverse after effects following this one. The standard of care I received whilst recovering in the High Dependency Unit and whilst on Ward 8 was of the highest order and I can not praise the ward managers and staff highly enough. Specialist Nurse Alison Maugham provided a wealth of practical advice and it was hugely reassuring for myself and my wife to have someone as knowledgeable and experienced as her available on the end of the phone whilst I was recovering at home over the Christmas period. We are extremely grateful to all at the MRI for their efforts on my behalf and would unreservedly recommend them and their services to anyone who find themselves in the unfortunate position of needing them. Garry Davies (Nantwich)

9th January 2018
Response from Miss Alison Maugham

Hi Garry, thanks very much for your kind comments. I have forwarded to Mr Deshpande and the team. Alison.

27th December 2017
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I met Alison the first time I went to clinic at MRI to see Mr Satyadas, she was very professional but also very caring, she helped me a lot giving me her phone number and telling me not to hesitate ringing if anything at all was troubling me. It was comforting to know she was there and I must admit I called her a few times when I wes a little bit panicky, both before and after surgery, she is always kind and reassuring and doesn't seem to mind going out of her way to help. She's a lovely lady.

27th October 2017
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

Excellent service, care, and aftercare .Cannot thank the surgeon Mr Despande and all the team at Manchester Royal for everything they did for me after my operation. Liver resection. They all gave me 100 % attention at all times From being admitted to coming home. Alison you and the team could not have been better. Many thanks again Bill Jackson (Wigan)

12th September 2017
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

Alison has been a great support all through a very traumatic time, she is always able to help with any problems/or queries, I have been very grateful for her care, also for the support he gave to my wife over the last six months

Nearest Oncology Nurses