Miss Alison Maugham

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 2

17th May 2018
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

It has been a terribly scary time being told you have Pancreatic Cancer but Alison has really helped me face this journey. She is professional, knowledgeable and very caring. I would not hesitate to recommend her to any other person in my position. Many Thanks Alison.

9th March 2018
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

Alison was a lovely and caring nurse who helped me through my surgery and has always been their if iv needed to talk or had any fears she always had time to listen to me she is very understanding and I am so happy she is my HPB nurse

14th February 2018
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

A totally down to earth lady with fantastic nursing skills and a terrific sense of humour! Always felt totally relaxed in her company Made me feel important and always took the time to reassure me whenever I had a question or worry.

8th January 2018
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I was admitted to the MRI on 23rd November 2017 and underwent a Liver Resection under the care of Mr Deshpande and his team. The planned admission outlined by Mr Deshpande for my surgery went ahead exactly as he had explained. He and his team were extremely professional, diligent and caring throughout my stay in hospital. The anaesthetist listened to my concerns, ensured that my pain control was managed effectively throughout and despite having had severe chest problems following previous operations, I experienced no adverse after effects following this one. The standard of care I received whilst recovering in the High Dependency Unit and whilst on Ward 8 was of the highest order and I can not praise the ward managers and staff highly enough. Specialist Nurse Alison Maugham provided a wealth of practical advice and it was hugely reassuring for myself and my wife to have someone as knowledgeable and experienced as her available on the end of the phone whilst I was recovering at home over the Christmas period. We are extremely grateful to all at the MRI for their efforts on my behalf and would unreservedly recommend them and their services to anyone who find themselves in the unfortunate position of needing them. Garry Davies (Nantwich)

9th January 2018
Response from Miss Alison Maugham

Hi Garry, thanks very much for your kind comments. I have forwarded to Mr Deshpande and the team. Alison.

27th December 2017
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I met Alison the first time I went to clinic at MRI to see Mr Satyadas, she was very professional but also very caring, she helped me a lot giving me her phone number and telling me not to hesitate ringing if anything at all was troubling me. It was comforting to know she was there and I must admit I called her a few times when I wes a little bit panicky, both before and after surgery, she is always kind and reassuring and doesn't seem to mind going out of her way to help. She's a lovely lady.

Nearest Oncology Nurses