West Suffolk Hospital

Hardwick Lane, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England, IP33 2QZ

25th October 2018

I have been treated recently at the hospital for breast cancer. The treatment and care I have received from all the staff has been exceptional, first class and delivered by many caring members of staff. Other staff I came in contact with on the ward were brilliant and nothing was too much trouble. The anaesthetists were particularly outstanding making me feel very relaxed. I felt like I had 100% care and was treated promptly with anything I asked for. Everyone in the hospital seems to be alert to the needs of people in the hospital demonstrating care in all that they do. Staff and volunteers at the breast care unit including the Administration staff are particularly nice and approachable. Some are very caring and aware of people’s feeling of anxiety. A brilliant hospital with many, many excellent very high standard members of staff. The NHS is what makes Great Britain great.

4th October 2018

I cannot speak too highly of everyone involved in the breast care unit, who at all times were thoroughly caring, professional and attentive. My diagnosis and treatment occurred promptly, very important not having to wait.All proposed dates have been met, and I have been seen promptly on the day, despite it clearly being a very busy unit. Calmness and confidence prevail. Truly a bunch of Angels.....Thank you all.

22nd August 2018

Visited hospital yesterday parked in Hardwick Heath car park at 1.45pm went to X-ray dept as a walk in and waited for about 5 mins. Saw young radiologist who was very professional, friendly, and efficient. I left there 10 mins later and went to path lab for blood test again as a walk in . I was seen and dealt with in about 5 minutes. Staff there again very friendly and efficient .On the way out I went via Audiology to get some hearing aid batteries. Staff there again very friendly. I was back at car car park in about 45 minutes in total having visited 3 departments. Wow what service we'll dond WSH.

13th June 2018

I took my father to the West Suffolk Hospital A&E department with a possible stroke. Within 8 minutes of arrival in the department he had been assessed by the stroke team, and within 20 minutes was on his way for a CT scan. On confirmation of the stroke he was transferred to G8. Yes, we had to wait a while to actually get moved to the ward but it’s not the staff’s fault so it was no point in complaining about it. He remained on the ward for 2 days prior to being discharged. From start to finish I couldn’t fault any member of staff we came into contact with. They were polite, professional and thorough in their caregiving. Rather than staff being rude, it was amazing at how tolerant the staff were. Some patients and visitors were so disrespectful of the staff it was embarrassing to watch. Well done WSH, keep up the good work

17th May 2018

Last August I was admitted to th wsh , After a accident at home , straight into A&E , Then ITU for one day , had a operation on my arm , Then spent a week on F7 , could not fault the care I received , everyone was excellent , From doctors , Nurses to care assistants ......Fantastic They are all over worked , But just get on with it .

{{category}} working at West Suffolk Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review West Suffolk Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6fe