the-royal-marsden-hospital-sutton
1 2 3 4 5 21,008 reviews Write a review

The Royal Marsden Hospital (Sutton)

Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey, England, SM2 5PT

13th November 2018

I loved my care in the oak ward, I’ve been there for 5 years but now they moved me to medical day unit and they are good but sometimes the nurses are a bit tough when they talk ; the nurse last time was telling me that we suffer when we don’t find the veins and made me feel I’m a nuisance ; they booked me in for picc insertion but I canceled it later because when I was at the oak ward they never complained even when they couldn’t find the veins I felt I was forced to be booked in that appointment because the nurse was agitated she couldn’t find the vein In oak ward they kept doing it but never complained

10th November 2018

I have just attended the MDU for forth round of chemo. On my arrival I have my observations done quickly. Then is then 10-15 mts wait before my premeds are given. Then another wait while my chemo is prepared [normally 30 mts] I am then "hooked up to the machine" and I begin to receive the chemo. This takes approximately an hour when I need little attention. When I have received the chemo. my machine bleeps to signal that I need to be changed to a "flush" before being disconnected and my 5FU pump installed [this normally takes 10 to 15 mts] I can then leave. I realise that timings are approximate and may vary from patient to patient but I would like to think that with a little forethought that the Hard working Nurses could be scheduled to deal with their "ending patient" and not dealing with a "new patient" leaving me [and other "ending patients" waiting! I would like to emphasis that I receive excellent treatment from all the hard working staff on MDU but would like to see changes so that patients are not "kept waiting" prolonging their treatment stay. Similarly when I return on a Sunday on Kenneway ward to have my pump disconnected from my port, a 10 mts. procedure that not all Nurses can perform. Knowing that my chemo Nurse has contacted the Ward to let them know when I am will be coming on three occasions we have had to wait [the longest being 90 mts]. to have this procedure to be carried out. Is this down to "staff shortages" or "miss communication" or "???"

31st October 2018

I was not happy about the length of time kept waiting, almost the last to be seen every week.

31st October 2018

I did not feel I was given a choice in where the drip was placed. I was also not offered like the other patients any water or tea. I was in my own and felt very isolated and lonely and scared.

Rating not given.

31st October 2018

{{category}} working at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Sutton) ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Royal Marsden Hospital (Sutton): http://iwgc.net/eb6aw