The Royal Marsden Hospital (Sutton)

Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey, England, SM2 5PT

1 2 3 4 5 24,529 reviews

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Review of Radiotherapy Sutton, written by a patient
18th January 2021

My experience with radiotherapy was good and the ladies who treated me where professional and caring.

The only thing would be to communicate with the patient what they are doing and why. I know they know what they are doing but it is very reassuring to know what all the numbers mean!

Review of Outpatients Department Sutton, written by a patient
4th January 2021

Attended out patients, so several answers not relevant. The staff are unfailingly patient, skilful and kind and the treatment is first class

I think that your outpatient systems could be improved in order to reduce waiting times and hence make the hospital more Covid secure and improve patient experience. The wait time for blood tests is rarely less than an hour and sometimes nearer to 2 hours - addressing this would make everything better. Also could the system not be modified to prevent sequential waits - why not allow obs and ECGs to be done whilst waiting for blood tests? At present I need to aim to arrive 2 1/2 hours before my appointment time in order to get through all the procedures, and hopefully have blood tests available before I see a clinician.

Review of Radiotherapy Sutton, written by a family member
22nd December 2020

I cannot fault the kindness and care I received throughout my treatment.

Can’t think of anything at all.

Review of Smithers Ward, written by a patient
22nd December 2020

As usual, everything was excellent.

Nothing!

Review of Radiotherapy Sutton, written by a patient
20th December 2020

My worries and concerns, were alleviated by the knowledge and professionalism of the whole team, from reception to senior radiographers all did their best to make my stay safe, secure and worry free. I have no complaints whatsoever.

My 20 plus trips involved car parking. I was spoilt on these occasions by he hospital's decision to allow free parking. Being a pensioner this was a complete and welcome surprise. This is one thing that the hospital trust could contemplate for the future. Free parking for pensioners.

Review of Rapid Diagnostic and Assessment Centre Sutton, written by a patient
4th December 2020

All staff were wonderful, I had no meals and therefore required no assistance. My pain management has been discussed as well. A special thank you to Rebecca Law and her nurse colleague for making me feel at ease in consultation. The approached was measured and unobtrusive. Felt like mattered. Louise D'Costa - fantastic person to make you feel comfortable. I left feeling thoroughly informed and not anxious at all. Thank you all

You have a good process with the right people in it to drive standards. No amendments needed.

Review of Medical Day Unit (Sutton), written by a patient
30th November 2020

Daniela was fantastic, explained everything and was always popping back to make sure I was ok. A real credit to the Royal Marsden

Review of Outpatients Department Sutton, written by a patient
26th November 2020

Several of the questions here do not relate to my latest visit to Royal Marsden/Sutton as this visit was simply for a blood test. I have not responded to questions which were not relevant. The all round service on this visit was excellent - appointment was on time and nurse was very efficient.

Compared to my last visit, the Blood Test Centre was working in a much more efficient way yesterday. I had been given a time for my appointment and this was met exactly. I had been given an appointment time for my previous visit a few months ago but there was a serious delay (well over one hour) with no explanation given to patients as to what the issue was which obviously was very frustrating. However, the change on this visit was so vastly different - helpful staff and visit was over very quickly. Great service all round.

Review of Oak Ward, written by a patient
2nd October 2020

Words can't quite express how grateful I am to EACH and EVERY single member of staff I have had dealings with at The Royal Marsden. Today, I had breast cancer surgery on Oak Ward. I don't think I've ever been so scared and apprehensive in my life, & yet the absolutely PHENOMENAL staff made a horrible situation into something bearable through their care and genuine kindness. Josie held my hand when I needed it most - she's an amazing lady. Pilar made me laugh, & it was so very needed. Both were incredibly compassionate & just wonderful. Miss Krupa and the other surgeons (two brilliant ladies) & the anesthetist completed my operation & left me in no pain. The very fact I am sitting here typing this from home, just a few hours after my surgery (& with a mobile arm), is testament to the exceptional care I have received. From checking-in, to the lady who gave me a meal, to the porter, to the ladies in the room who talked to me & looked after me as I was waking up from my anesthetic - every single person I came into contact with was nothing short of amazing. I feel incredibly relieved & I can't thank you all enough for being so kind & professional. Thank you so very much, Mercedes x

N/A Outstanding! Maybe recycle the menus so there's less wastage?

30th September 2020

From arriving to leaving it was a friendly and efficient process. I was in the care of a really nice nurse called Eve, who was on the Smithers ward. She made me very much at ease when I arrived explained the process of what was to happen in terms of getting ready and timings. I was then visited by the anaesthetist called Martin, who explained what he was going to do, so nice, with a sense of humour which made me feel at ease. I then had a visit from two of the surgical team, who introduced themselves, but sorry guys I cant remember your names. Again things were fully explained, they asked if I had any questions before they left, which made me feel like a person not just a patient. Then Mr Ramsey appeared and he always makes you feel relax and confident that the procedure will go well and have the outcome you expect, again a really nice manner, i could not ask for more in a surgeon. I do not know who took care of me as I entered the theatre, but they made me feel totally at ease, just giving me enough details not to worry me I think! Yet again back on the ward Eve appeared and took charge of me once I returned from the theatre, I was offered tea and sandwiches, delightful just what I needed, she disappeared with the order came back promptly with a tray, better than hotel room service! She was also looking after 3 other patients and her attention to us all in keeping us informed and taking good care of us was commendable. Overall I could wish for a better experience when have a procedure, I was so well looked after by all concerned, the Marsden is a wonderful hospital, all of the staff are focused on the care of their patients without a doubt.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
{{category}} working at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Sutton) ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Royal Marsden Hospital (Sutton): http://iwgc.net/eb6aw