The Royal Marsden Hospital (Sutton)

Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey, England, SM2 5PT

1 2 3 4 5 24,491 reviews

27th February 2020

The care I was given was very personalised, staff all very friendly and the time I was at the hospital I was treated with dignity. Very prompt, in fact I finished my scans before my actual appointment time. As I was new to that hospital I did think that I was given adequate information but nit bombarded with details I did not need, very professional. If I asked questions however, they were answered to my satisfaction. Thank you.

Review of Admission and Pre-assessment Unit Sutton, written by a patient
26th February 2020

Great caring and informative care and advice

21st February 2020

I imagine that everyone who goes through the process hopes for the best of outcomes, but whatever the outcome, the care and attention I have received from Beech Unit has been second to none. Watching them at work provides an insight into their medical and technical skills, which gives every impression of being of a very high order. Perhaps as important - and possibly of even more importance - is the collection of individual personalities. They have given this patient, at least, the impression of a happy and joyful bunch of people and that alone is to make the process that much more tolerable and also instils a great deal of confidence. They clearly work very hard, yet they have always treated me as an individual and not just a number. All in all, I will look back upon all these wonderful people as being a very pleasant and professional group. I do feel that they ought to be given every congratulation and encouragement to carry on making the most of their pleasant personalities and sense of fun.

Review of Smithers Ward, written by a patient
18th February 2020

Everyone I encountered helped make my time as pleasant as possible, the staff were all exceptional. I feel so happy that I chose to attend the Royal Marsden, such a good choice.

Review of Radiotherapy Sutton, written by a family member
6th February 2020

I was very pleased with my treatment at the Royal Marsden, Sutton. I found the staff to be very helpful and caring and I do not see how this level of care and understanding can be improved on. I left one question blank that concerned meals, I was a day patient at the Radiotherapy department and this question had no relevance to me.

31st January 2020

Great - The radiographers are polite and highly professional. Initially I was nervous when a male radiographer walked in but he was meticulous and compassionate and a complete gentleman, so I decided not to ask for a change. The other two female ones were great too. One inspired a smile and had high emotional intelligence. The other inspired confidence because it was obvious she had a strong work ethic. It was also good to see people that looked like me (briefly) at the start middle and end of my treatment. Don't know if it was planned but it was also reassuring in a daunting experience. It is important to put radiographers that work well together because the patient can pick up on any tension between staff or if they have had a tiff. My usual radiographer team was a dream team. I was happy with them. Thanks to Kian Shabanaz and Safia and the occasional ones that worked on different days. Thanks to the reception staff too, they were highly pleasant as well.

27th January 2020

From start to finish my treatment has been of the very highest standard All, and I mean all, of the staff that I have encountered have gone above and beyond the call of duty. They are quite exceptional in every way. The staff made a difficult situation bearable. I thank them all most sincerely: they should all be very proud.

17th January 2020

My mother has severe dementia and lives in a nursing home who informed us that she had developed a lump in her breast and had started the 2 week process of having an appointment at The Marsden in Sutton. The first visit was a disaster as she would not give consent to be examined, the staff were fantastic in respecting her wishes whilst still sympathising with my sister and myself who were frustrated by the situation. They made her another appointment for the following week for us to try again. We had another visit this week, Kerry a nurse from her nursing home kindly came with us, and between Kerry and the wonderful staff at The Marsden managed to examine her and do an ultra sound with the help of classical music that the doctor played from her phone..genius! Thank you so much for thinking outside the box and helping making the experience less frightening for my mother.

2nd January 2020

All staff were attentive and caring. Changes of appointment were advised promptly as were minor delays in receiving treatment.

2nd December 2019

The radiotherapy team members were welcoming, friendly and at all times thoroughly professional and efficient. Apologies and explanations were always given if appointments were running late (which was rare - mostly I was seen within a few minutes of my appointment time, which I found remarkable). I was treated with kindness and consideration. The fruit squash available at the water stations was a very welcome touch. Also loved the music - good to have something to listen to while endeavouring to lay absolutely still! When I was cold, a blanket was always available to me. It was also helpful to be given assistance to get up from the treatment bench. As someone with a long standing "back problem", and not as agile as I used to be due to advancing years, together with weakness from surgery and months of chemotherapy, trying to raise oneself from a prostrate position with arms that have "gone to sleep" having been raised above the head for the duration of the radiotherapy session is really difficult.

Pain Control

{{category}} working at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Sutton) ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Royal Marsden Hospital (Sutton): http://iwgc.net/eb6aw