The Royal Marsden Hospital (Sutton)

Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey, England, SM2 5PT

1 2 3 4 5 24,511 reviews

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

14th August 2020

The service I have received from radiotherapy has been very good. They have been polite, explained what they are doing and advised me on what to do. I have just completed 6 weeks of treatment and have no complaints at all.

11th August 2020

I received radiotherapy treatment in the MR Linac unit 29/07 to 07/08/20. Previously I had been in the unit for an MRI scan and upstairs for a CT scan. I can honestly say that I am an extremely fortunate person. Not only did I receive treatment from the most advanced radiotherapy machine, I was dealt with by the most most professional staff I could have imagined. Everything was explained very clearly. Initially I was very anxious about the treatment. I asked numerous questions and they were always answered clearly and with patience. My wife was not able to come with me but wanted to speak to the doctor in the unit to clarify things. When I made this known the doctor phoned her immediately and my wife later said that she was extremely helpful. The physical environment of the unit could not be faulted. I was impressed by the display of staff photos. I was never kept waiting for any of the treatment sessions.

11th August 2020

Whilst I appreciate you’re a very busy hospital, My Aunt finds your clinics extremely chaotic. 5 hour waits, Clinical information doesn’t appear to be passed on from Dr to Dr ! I also find some of the nursing staff patronising. My aunt also doesn’t need to be told that there are other sick people, or that they are busy.

8th August 2020

Friendly, efficient staff - listened when I had questions or wanted to talk. One noticed when I was feeling vulnerable and gave me a leaflet about Maggie’s - just what I needed. My only suggestion would be about radiotherapy after-care: I used a lot of Aveeno lotion and aloe vera alternately to soothe the swollen and itchy areas for the first couple of days but, after suffering spots and worsening of the reaction, when I stopped moisturising it improved immediately. None of the written info given to me mentioned how or when to use moisturiser post-treatment and when I called about the fact that stopping moisturising seemed to be helping, I was encouraged to keep up with the moisturising. I went with my instinct and used E45 itch relief cream on specific areas in the morning and then a thin layer of moisturiser at night: all much improved.

Review of Oak Ward, written by a patient
20th July 2020

I spent 2 weeks on Oak Ward recently, as a Phase I Harpoon trial patient under the car of Prof J De Bono. Unfortunately I developed a serious adverse reaction to the second infusion of the trial drug. But the absolutely first class team of Professors, Consultants, Clinical Fellows, Radiology staff, Nurses, other ward staff, Pharmacists and lab technicians all working together to provide an effecient and seamless clinical service that got me out my predicament safely. I realise now how complicated it is organise a variety of clinical trials simultaneously. it is a huge and intricate logistic operation. The trials coordinator, Mahesha Ganegoda, did her very best to make my many trips to hospital nice and smooth. One can only commend the wonderful work of Prof J De Bono and his Team in this cutting edge of medical/ pharmacological research all aimed at achieving better treatment outcomes in the important area of cancer care. Thank you all very much. And wishing you every success in your efforts. A grateful patient

9th July 2020

Very good care & very kind Staff.

Review of Medical Day Unit (Kingston), written by a patient
3rd June 2020

This service could not be any better. The nurses, doctors, and staff on the chemo ward at Kingston Hospital are A-MAZ-ING! I was a little anxious since it was my first chemo session and they made me feel totally at home and completely comfortable. Everyone made sure I was reclined, relaxed, comfortable, well-fed, and well-watered. Beth was especially brilliant- an amazing personality and perfect for this job. Patient, kind, and funny. I was really touched by how caring the staff were despite these crazy COVID times. Keep up the excellent work!

3rd June 2020

Eve Bowlender was very professional and kind and had extremely good infection control standards

26th May 2020

Questions not answered where I had no experience of the event. I attended the hospital for brief periods of radiotherapy. Waiting was minimal and the treatment was exceptional.

26th May 2020

I was very impressed with the care I received on the day of my operation. I was very nervous and apprehensive about what I was having done but was kept informed every step of the way from the moment I arrived on the ward until I was discharged from every member of staff involved in my case.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
{{category}} working at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Sutton) ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Royal Marsden Hospital (Sutton): http://iwgc.net/eb6aw