Tameside General Hospital

Fountain Street, Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire, England, OL6 9RW

4th November 2018

My 64 year old husband has stage 4 kidney cancer and was admitted via A&E suffering from the side effects of radiotherapy to brain metastasis. Immediately upon our arrival by car (our choice) the staff from the receptionist, paramedics, clinicians and nursing staff listened to our concerns, asked pertinent questions acting swiftly and compassionately at all times. The A&E staff liased with our primary care team at The Christie and at all times supported both my husband, myself and our adult son, treating us all with care & compassion at this difficult time. Richard was transferred to the Medical Assessment Unit (MAU) where the standard of care & compassion continued. All staff members introduced themselves & their role to us and listened to our concerns. The following day R was transited to the Integrated Assessment Unit (IAU) which was much quieter and an MRI scan confirmed that the radiotherapy had caused swelling which would explain the symptoms of confusion and weakened motor control experienced. Once again the care & compassion shown by staff was universal to me, R and our son. The liaison with the team at The Christie continued and R was released the following day back into the care of The Christie. Discharge medication was dispensed on the ward and was ready and waiting very quickly after R was told he could go home. The ward pharmacist (probably not her title) came to explain the new regime and double check that we had everything we needed before we went home. An emergency visit to a hospial can be a very scary & worrying time but the staff at TGH treated us all with care and compassion: Richard, me (his wife) and our young adult son.

17th January 2017

I had been sent to Tameside General (nearest to work) for suspect heart attack, which they tested for and found I had no markers in my blood of an attack, however I am asthmatic and no further testes were carried out to ascertain what has and is causing my symptoms. I had to attend a further appointment at the MRI (local) for further tests, which they did and I had a chest X -ray. I feel my health concerns were not fully attended to by Tameside and feel it should have been a priority.

10th November 2016

Was treated by a nurse practitioner and doctor on ambulatory care and cannot fault the unit or staff particularly these two. I was seen quickly, I was diagnosed quickly and was spoke to with respect and treated not just "as a patient" but a somebody. This is very important as a patient you feel vulnerable and scared and to have such empathy and reassurance made my experience such a positive one. The only thing that let the unit down was not down to staff but moaning patients . All they did was criticise everything out loud, they were rude and ignorant to just how hard the doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses and hcas work. I don't understand why these people choose tameside hospital if it's so bad, plenty of other hospitals they can go to! Thank you for your attention and treatment and again special thanks to the nurse practitioner and doctor who treated me, you are both a credit to your profession.

5th October 2016

I was told to come into the maternity unit has I rang at 2pmto let them know I hadn't felt baby move and was loosing discharge. They said I had to go to ward 27 to be monitored. I arrived at 3pm and was put on a monitor and told a doctor would come and see me. I was left there for 7 hours the room was freezing and I was concerned about my baby. A doctor came at 10:30pm gave me an internal and told me I should be fine and to go home. I was disgusted with how I was treated and I am now thinking about changing where I give birth to my baby

29th July 2016

Warm friendly helpful staff. Many thanks John

{{category}} working at Tameside General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Tameside General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb46m