royal-shrewsbury-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 27,851 reviews Write a review

Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mytton Oak Road, Shrewsbury, England, SY3 8XQ

4th April 2017

My assessment refers to the Mobile MRI Unit run by inhealth group and located on the car park in front of the treatment centre at RSH and NOT RSH itself. I am terrified of MRI equipment and was sedated (Diazepam) by my GP to help me face the experience. 1) They were over half an hour late taking me in with no indication or explanation why. This heightened my anxiety. 2) The lady who came to escort me spoke only to say my name and made no attempt to calm me at all, not even any small talk. She rushed ahead of me by about 5 metres, was completely silent as she took me across the car park to their Unit. This made me feel very uneasy and even more anxious. 3) The lady inside went through the questions I had answered. The only YES was in relation to my gold capped tooth. She said "There isn't much we can do about that is there?". I said that I was only answering the questions posed. I felt embarrassed and belittled by her attitude. 4) Their CD player was broke so they could not play the CD I had brought with me. 5) Their radio was broke too so they could not play any music at all to calm me. 6) Other than to lie me on the table and to tell me when it was all over she made no attempt to speak to me or reassure me throughout the session. In summary it was a very unpleasant experience made worse by the unconcerned bedside manners of the staff. The broken equipment made a mockery of the instructions I received with my appointment. May I suggest that you seriously reconsider with whom you place your contract for these services in future. Preferably with a contractor more dedicated to levels of customer service and more likely to uphold your Vision and Values in that I did not feel valued and cared for at all and whilst they were civil I was not treated kindly or considerately given the level of my anxiety.

31st March 2017

During my stays at the hospital the nursing care was very good, the catering was to a good standard and everywhere appeared clean and tidy although the nurses were rushed off their feet.

28th March 2017

Attended clinic 12 today 28th for results of biopsy carried out on 16th March on prostate. In both visits was looked aftere very well and given all relevant information etc.

22nd March 2017

My experience at the royal shrewsbury hospital a&e was terrible. At the moment I am making a complaint about the lack of care I received. When i arrived to hospital via blue light ambulance. I was in a cubicle and left for approx. 3 hours with severe chest pain I understand there is other critical patients but chest pain should be treated as a concern. My gp said I should of received the basic bloodtests as I had severe pain. In the end my gp requested emergency bloods. You cant gamble with a patients life. I also have been waiting to see a dr for 4 hrs then a prisoner comes in and gets seen quicker don't understand that. It worrys me to think my chest pains were overlooked. I would not recommend this hospital especially the a&e department I have had bad experiences. I cant speak for all staff as some of the nurses were understanding

8th March 2017

I had a opporation at the Royal Shrewsbury for colone cancer all my treatment and care was wonderful

{{category}} working at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal Shrewsbury Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4vi