royal-shrewsbury-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 27,846 reviews Write a review

Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mytton Oak Road, Shrewsbury, England, SY3 8XQ

4th October 2017

With great trepidation I attended the Lingen Davies Clinic I had the dreaded lung cancer which was inoperable. It was big shock as in 81 years I had little ill health and had not been in hospital since 1958. I was nervous when I met Dr Dinesh Dhinakaran but he soon put my fears to rest and I realised I was in a safe pair of hands. Naturally a sceptic who double-checks everything it was a great relief that I had found someone I could trust. The fears all drifted away and a couple of months on I feel so well that I am sure I could fly off the chandeliers if requested. Thank you RHS I am having wonderful treatment which I appreciate very much. Having lived abroad where I had to pay for medical treatment, I feel so lucky to have this free treatment on the NHS.

18th September 2017

I was an in patient on the colorectal ward at RSH- the care I received could not be faulted- a wonderful team of professionals and axillary team. However the ward itself was very down at heel and shabby, and the very small number of toilets in this particular ward was not satisfactory. I was saddened that this great team of.people were having to look after patients in these surroundings.

12th May 2017

I was referred to this hospital after mammogram screening showed some concerns. I was treated with dignity and compassion from the first visit and on each respective visit. I am currently undergoing chemotherapy at the Lingen Davies Unit and the staff there are absolutely wonderful always making you feel relaxed and well cared for. I am very impressed with my experience and how well a difficult time for me is being handled. Well done to all involved in my care and well done to the NHS.

12th April 2017

My review is for the Chest Pain Clinic and Cardiology. I have had a totally wasted visit to this clinic. I went there expecting tests which apparently are no longer done at this clinic. The paperwork that is sent out is completely out of date and should be updated to reflect current practice. I do not feel reassured after my visit, instead I feel as though my symptoms were belittled and dismissed. I have had 3 trips to A&E, 2 other calls to paramedics and a 3 day stay in hospital due to attacks of chest pain, a feeling of collapse and very high blood pressure. The nurse I saw told me that she didn't think it was heart problems but probably a pulled muscle or tendon and to try taking paracetamol. When my symptoms come on they are both distressing and frightening and how they can be dismissed without a test of some sort and diagnosed as a pulled muscle is beyond me. I am now left with the option of another visit to A&E should I feel poorly again. To have to keep on dialling 999 and using the emergency services without proper diagnosis surely cannot save the NHS money and is a total waste of resources. It is fortunate that I have a second opinion in the pipeline and I would urge anyone visiting this clinic and the cardiology department to do the same. I should also like to add that I was discharged from hospital with instructions from the cardiologist to get some GTN spray from my GP "to try" as it would help to diagnose whether I had angina or not. Not a very reassuring way to be diagnosed! Again, I felt as though I was being a nuisance and my my symptoms were being dismissed and belittled. When I pointed out it was too late to contact my GP that day he reluctantly gave me a prescription which the nurse very kindly got for me, otherwise I would have gone home without any medication. The cardiology department needs to pull it's socks up and treat it's patients with a little bit of respect.

11th April 2017