royal-bournemouth-hospital

Royal Bournemouth Hospital

Castle Lane East, Bournemouth, England, BH7 7DW

5th December 2021

I spent a number of hours being assessed in A&E where I received sympathetic care and attention. The on duty doctor in A&E was due to leave at 10.30pm but took the time to come back to see my husband and me to let us know what was going to happen next. I greatly appreciated his doing so.

26th November 2021

I had to go in at 12pm at night on the 3 nov forAnaemia and iron deficient given a bed when I got there in ward1they were so good and I ended up having 3 units of blood and cosmofer and quickly improved I was in for 3 days had CT scan and and discharged on the 5 th nov received appointment qGastroscopy and a Colonscopy on the 23 nov then I had a pain in my leg on the 19 th nov stopped off at the A&E they sorted a sorted a out a scan on my leg in the morning at ward 8 of the 23 nd nov and I had the gastroscope and Colonoscopy in the afternoon of the 23nd nov what better service could you get I will never have anyone say anything bad about Bournemouth hospital I have always had good service from them

19th November 2021

Unfortunately this hospital cannot improve if surrounded by careless professionals.

15th September 2021

Sadly I had to visit the ED department after a work accident which left me in pain with a large hole leaking fluid from my elbow It was not busy (under 10 people waiting)I waited For 4.5 hours after being told under 3 hrs and should be quicker as more staff were coming on shift I waited until I finally had to disturb the receptionists in minors from chatting about their holidays as I had children that had been alone for a far too long and required feeding only to have her state “so are you telling me your are leaving and she would tell the staff without even finding out any idea of time or why not a single patient from the waiting room had been called in 1 3/4 hours I left and returned home to feed my children and then drove to another hospital in severe pain where i was treated with the professionalism you would expect of the NHS I have lived in bournemouth for over 20 years and the ED has always been extremely poor as long as I can remember and is known for it but sadly only gets worse The E D let’s the whole hospital down Stop making excuses and change the whole attitude and perhaps you can rise to the level of other hospitals

5th August 2021

16 hour wait in a&e. Filthy hospital. Poor communication. First observations were done 9 hours after arriving. Staff unaware/didn't care. Sent home with a leaflet. Truly appalling. Don't get ill in Bournemouth.

21st March 2021

If you want great, good, or even basic care, please do not attend this hospital - especially the emergency department. I was left, crying and shaking with pain while vomiting, on a trolley in a corridor for hours while being told "well you need this medication but we can't do that while you're out in the corridor, so just be patient and wait," only to be told by another nurse that's nor the case and they'd ask a doctor to write up pain relief for me. An third nurse came and told me the doctor said they'd write it up, another one came and told me they didn't know anything about that - literally nobody knew what was happening with my care and it left me frustrated, with worsening pain levels and nausea. I was informed by someone that my medical condition was "impossible" and was I sure I wasn't exaggerating for attention? I overheard one nurse saying to another that I was a "frequent flier" and an "attention seeker", the nurse in charge told them to follow an out of date care plan just to "get her out of here." My carer tried to phone for information, as nobody would tell me anything and he was told "I won't be talking to you about this" and hung up on. I was then told if I didn't like how I was being treated, I was welcome to leave and eventually; exhausted, in increasing levels of pain and feeling sick to my stomach, I chose to go home where I would at least be comfortable and surrounded by people that gave a damn. Is this really the way you want to treat your patients? Callously, uncaring and not bothered about their welfare?

{{category}} working at Royal Bournemouth Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal Bournemouth Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4ui