queens-hospital-1

Rom Valley Way, Romford, Essex, England, RM7 0AG

1 2 3 4 5 252,645 reviews

Review of Nuclear Medicine,
24th September 2021

Staff in the Nuclear medicine dept are very professional and extremely friendly. Only reason it didn’t get a full 5 stars on everything was I had to wait 40 mins before being seen and people with later appointment times than me got seen first even though I was on time for my appointment. But in terms of staff knowledge and patient care they were exemplary and respectful.

More staff to make sure appointment times are met.

Review of Outpatient Team 3,
24th September 2021

all staff were polite courteous and helpful. These are trying times and they have a lot to deal with. I arrived 15 minutes before appt as requested waited to be seen by receptionist booking in and she gave all information required. Sat in waiting area for a few minutes. Nurse called me - very pleasant - said she would be dealing with me today, apologised that consultant was running late that he was currently seeing 10 o'clock patient and the 10.30 would then go in to see him and then it would be my turn. Showed me to seat outside consultants room and gave me questionnaire to fill out. This took about 15 minutes. My appt was 11am consultant called me in at 11.35am so very good considering had been running hour and half late - caught up well. Apologised for delay in seeing me. He was very pleasant and explained everything clearly and in detail. Took his time ensuring I understood procedures. I left at 12.03 He had allayed all my concerns and hopefully very soon I will be having my injection procedure and be a little more pain free.

Not sure there is anything that could have been better,

24th September 2021

The receptionist should have read and understood the notes on my file from my call to 111 that I should have been sent to the correct department and not waited 5 hours to first be seen and then told I was in the wrong place. After being in the right area I was seen and diagnosed very efficiently and professionally.

Understand that some patients may have been told to go to A&E within the hour and read the notes so they can be directed immediately to the correct area.

24th September 2021

I had chest pains and high BP with history of Coronary Artery Disease, waited 30 mins on streaming, walked in pain from hospital entrance to corridor where A&E, 2 hours to be triaged, not offered pain medication, another hour to have ecg/bloods, another 2 hrs to be seen. Good job my chest pain was not cardiac, otherwise I will be dead. Not that busy outside as small waiting area was only half filled (even less). Short of staff? Perhaps I should call for ambulance instead of thinking I will save NHS ambulance resource by walking into A&E. No updated info on waiting time outside, info on board was from 3 days ago. This is with knowledge that I am also a nurse working in the NHS.

Good points Offered tea and coffee Had observations while waiting Staff are friendly once you see them but it is obvious that it is very short handed inside.

Review of Sahara Ward A,
23rd September 2021

Almost all of the staff were amazing on Sahara A, I cannot name them all but a few went above and beyond whilst being drastically short staffed. Zoe, Jobin, Wow, Rahim, Maurice, Lisa, Bobina, Mona, Kathryn, but I'm sorry I cannot remember all their names. One member of senior nurse was dreadful, mainly working nights, hardly left the computer screen, had a vile bedside manner, rude & ignored buzzers and patients pleas for assistance, leading to late medications/ basic human needs (like toileting) whilst all other staff were clearly rushing about, attending to as much as possible. Several times this nurse upset patients & visitors, with lack of information about who could visit, who they were, circumstances & why. Sadly I cannot remember her name at this moment, but I will forward a complaint once I recall this information.

Communication is a massive issue, from the doctor to doctor, through to hca's. Drugs changes not handed over, treatment plans or strategies not being passed on from one shift to another. I feel this would only improve with more funding for staff.

Review of Outpatient Team 4,
23rd September 2021

All staff were very friendly, explained why Dr was running a bit late. . When I saw the Dr. He explained, listened and put my mind at rest. Cannot praise the care I was given enough.

Nothing, I suffer health anxiety. I explained this and the Dr was very understanding.

23rd September 2021

I considee myself lucky in the respect I am mobile and able to shower each day. I was suffering from pneumonia and for the first few days I had no appetite and ate nothing, but once my medication kicked in I was able to eat and enjoy the food. Menu was surprisingly varied and very palatable

When waiting for my medication and to be discharged I found the wait tedious, but when I exited the hospital through the atrium and saw what appeared to be hundreds of patients waiting for one thing or another I considered myself to have been very lucky

22nd September 2021

Very good to look after the patient

Keeping up...

21st September 2021

Long queues for everything.

Please, get more doctors and nurses to decrease waiting time. Atleast that was promised during Brexit rallies, don't see situation getting better after Brexit.

21st September 2021

A couple of members of staff were kind and attentive. Some of the staff incorrectly put cannulas in my veins hurting me and bruising my skin. Ignored my cries of pain and dismissed and ignored me for hours. Didn’t tell me what was going on and left me for hours without an answer or plan. Didn’t provide or offer a gown when I had to stay overnight. No wash facilities and smelly bedding which wasn’t changed. Meals weren’t offered as much as they should have. There was no element of privacy and it was so noisy I didn’t sleep. I found the whole duration very traumatic and if my gp hadn’t referred me to A & E I would have stayed at home. I will never choose to go to the hospital if I can help it.

The wait times to be seen and assessed are way too long, I understand understaffed and busy periods but 9 hours wait to move from one assessment room to another is ridiculous. There was no beds for where I needed to be placed so I was stuck in the assessment centre which was noisy, crowded and chaotic. Provide washing facilities if a patient has to stay overnight. Make a plan with the patient if they can go home and rest there, be open and coordinate with them, it would be easier and at least Patient wouldn’t be taking up a bed etc. But to be honest I would rather have got assessed and came back during the week when it’s better staffed.

Communication nurse

{{category}} working at Queen's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Queen's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4r2