newham-university-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 38,286 reviews Write a review

Newham University Hospital

Glen Road, Plaistow, London, England, E13 8SL

24th April 2018

Staff to provide constructive information. Baby doctors say one thing, midwives tell you to something different. It’s a joke, the level of information for new parents is VERY poor! Some staff do NOT respect your privacy, don’t nock of door before they enter.. few times my wife was feeding and staff act like they own the place, walk in and out as they like. Some staff are just rude, if you don’t like your job, find something different..

17th March 2018

n/a

16th March 2018

very bad experience. i was placed in the observation unit, staff/ student staff were rude, i asked for gauze for my wound and they didn't even put it on, just handed it to me and went "put it on". They didn't even dress my wounds, i had to ask for it to be checked. very unprofessional. I felt as if the staff didn't want to touch me and help me. witnessed a lot of staff too busy arguing with each other about not wanting to provide service to certain patients. my stay was very uncomfortable and made me feel neglected. didn't tell me about what tests were going to be done, whilst running the test no one gave me information about what the tests were for and when i asked they didn't really inform me. just horrible over all.

2nd March 2018

The Individual children bed room in Rainbow Ward was not clean, floor & bed was sticky with dirt. Had to clean myself . The attached wet room , had encrusted piled human waste like dried skin cells around the sin & sides of the room, not safe to wash in. Senior staff unconcerned when I complained. They said not their problem. Patient Liaison not there for the whole week & no answer on the no in the area they were supposed to be. So gave up trying to complain about the filth. They lost samples taken on 3 occasions in pathology in 2 days. In end went to a different hospital where they diagnosed the problem correctly & child had immediate recovery. On another occasion at Newham, heard reception staff in A&E booking in shouting over queueing crowd about a woman in front of them, having a miscarriage & in obvious distress , with her partner, being told by another reception staff member 2 seats up , that shes only a 12 weeks miscarriage so shes not technically urgent. Horrible to have this conversation shouted in front of everyone, the young couple looked really embarrassed & she was clearly still in pain. Senior staff Drs are good but the Junior ones need much better training & supervision.

2nd March 2018

My appointment was on time. The two ladies were very kind and understanding. They were extremely helpful and reassuring. The gynaecologist was very professional, explained everything in detail and gave her diagnosis quickly and with confidence. She answered my questions fully and provided me with the necessary paperwork for my GP. In the waiting room afterwards the first lady had the courtesy of asking if I was ok. She was very kind.