Neath Port Talbot Hospital

Baglan Way, Port Talbot, Wales, SA12 7BX

8th May 2018

I attended neath port talbot hospital day surgery this morning and the staff were amazing. I felt totally relaxed and each and every one of them went out of their way to make what can be a very stressful experience very pleasant. The drs and nurses were just so friendly and informed me of what was going to happen every step of the way. I would recommend this dept to anyone and would never be worried about using this service again. Thank you so much for everything you did you are a credit to the nhs. We only ever hear of the nhs in a bad light these days so its nice to be able to bring to the attention how good our nhs really is.

8th November 2014
Written by a member of staff

I was in Day Surgery Unit in Oct 2014 for an routine operation, I had been told I would have a long wait but that was not the case. I saw several members of staff who explained everything and answered any questions that I had. I did not have time to make myself comfortable before I was taken to theatre. When I was in recovery the nurse did not leave my side even the anaesthetist and the surgeon came to see that I was ok. The nursing staff could not do enough and I even had tea and sandwiches. I am a staff member but not in this hospital, I never mentioned that and from what I saw my treatment was no different to anyone else's.

6th November 2014

Blood tests? Pull a ticket and wait like cattle at a cattle market. Very slow service it's almost laughable. 1 and a half to 2 hour wait, easily :( X-Rays? I went to the counter with my x-ray form, handed it over and was told to take a seat. I was the only one waiting. 20mins passed before the nurse came to collect my forms and take them to the x-ray room, although they were walking in and out of them the whole time I was waiting laughing and joking and socialising with each other. The nurse then told me to take another seat by the x-ray room while she ''set up''. This took another 15mins or so. The whole department was too relaxed and were on a permanent ''go slow'' for my liking. Waited 35mins to get in the x-ray room although I was the only person there!!! God only knows how long this would have taken if there were a few waiting??? It felt like they just couldn't be asked :( On a plus side, very clean and all the staff are polite.....

27th November 2013

Very clean facility with friendly, helpful staff.