Llandough Hospital

Penlan Road, Llandough, Penarth, Wales, CF64 2XX

7th November 2018

I was in this hospital for 5days in Feb 2018 for total abdominal hysterectomy after another borderline tumour was found on my ovary. I have asthma epilepsy heart condition ciliacs and corn allergy which causes huge problems with what meds I can take an what food I can eat. The surgeon convinced me that I would be able to take my own food into the ward with me an staff were fully aware of my problems. Once on the ward I was told that I could not have any of my own food at all. After surgery I was left for 5 days without food or drink from the hospital. My partner brought me in a meal an drink everytime he could get there. When the food an drink trolleys came around I could hear the staff say just ignore her she never eats anything anyway. I was treated differently to other patients on the ward and remain severely traumatised by my experience, I am terrified of ever having to go back to hospital again. The treatment I received was terrible

31st October 2018

I attended the the Endoscopy Suite at Llandough for a Colonoscopy & a Gastroscopy yesterday. (30th October 2018) From my arrival at the Reception desk, to being prepared by the nurse for the procedures & finally having both procedures & aftercare, I was treated with great care & concern. I was kept informed at all times of what was going to happen, which for me made the whole ‘experience’ as comfortable as it could possibly be. Everyone was so friendly & greeted me with a smile. The patience demonstrated by all the staff during my visit was second to none. Thank you so much to all the Staff at the Endoscopy Suite. Keep up the good work!

3rd May 2018

I was there for a procedure in the day unit and must say that the staff, procedure and care were absolutely amazing. It was my very first operation and was feeling a bit anxious but they were so caring and compassionate. I cannot thank enough.

18th February 2018

I attended day surgery Friday for a procedure, was told to be on the ward before 7.30am but it wasn't even open and there was no where to wait apart from a cold corridor with no seating area. The lifts wernt working to transport patients so there was huge delay BUT LOVELY COFFEE SHOP AND RESTAURANT LOL!! Staff were very rude and unattentive and Was even told not to lie on the bed by a rude health care support worker. I'm ill and feeling sick but not aloud to lie down .... very confusing. Was not told anything about my operation i.e. how it went, how long it lasted or aftercare just sent on my way once I had woke up even though I was in agony and not fully alert . Was left on on my own for 45 minutes after coming round from my operation in pain and needing the toilet. Money should be spent on staff and manners not coffee shops and art galleries!! Overall a very traumatic experience and still suffering now , sort it out llandough. Been in and out of hospital since November and have never been treated in this way . The heath have a lot more compassion and professionalism!

23rd July 2016

I had my gall bladder removed on the 14/7/2016 at that hospital , all staff was lovely , helpful and very nice from the reception to all staff at ground floor warden . And a hug thanks to my lovely specialist Dr David Scott for an amazing job he done , it is not enough to thank out doctors as they are a candles in our live . New technology made our life easier after operation too , many many thanks to u my lovely doctor God bless , and thanks for lovely staff who is doing very hard for every one . God bless our nation

{{category}} working at Llandough Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Llandough Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4g6