Llandough Hospital

Penlan Road, Llandough, Penarth, Wales, CF64 2XX

3rd May 2018

I was there for a procedure in the day unit and must say that the staff, procedure and care were absolutely amazing. It was my very first operation and was feeling a bit anxious but they were so caring and compassionate. I cannot thank enough.

18th February 2018

I attended day surgery Friday for a procedure, was told to be on the ward before 7.30am but it wasn't even open and there was no where to wait apart from a cold corridor with no seating area. The lifts wernt working to transport patients so there was huge delay BUT LOVELY COFFEE SHOP AND RESTAURANT LOL!! Staff were very rude and unattentive and Was even told not to lie on the bed by a rude health care support worker. I'm ill and feeling sick but not aloud to lie down .... very confusing. Was not told anything about my operation i.e. how it went, how long it lasted or aftercare just sent on my way once I had woke up even though I was in agony and not fully alert . Was left on on my own for 45 minutes after coming round from my operation in pain and needing the toilet. Money should be spent on staff and manners not coffee shops and art galleries!! Overall a very traumatic experience and still suffering now , sort it out llandough. Been in and out of hospital since November and have never been treated in this way . The heath have a lot more compassion and professionalism!

23rd July 2016

I had my gall bladder removed on the 14/7/2016 at that hospital , all staff was lovely , helpful and very nice from the reception to all staff at ground floor warden . And a hug thanks to my lovely specialist Dr David Scott for an amazing job he done , it is not enough to thank out doctors as they are a candles in our live . New technology made our life easier after operation too , many many thanks to u my lovely doctor God bless , and thanks for lovely staff who is doing very hard for every one . God bless our nation

27th December 2015

Iam staying in the hospital at the moment and I'm can not take certain anti sickness drugs. they started treating me with the correct medicine iv and on Christmas eve when all the major doctors left for thier holidays I was told I couldn't have that medicine because there was not engough left only for the dying and ill? ??????I've not been there all over Christmas for fun. before Christmas eve I was seen by a number of doctors and not given a plan of treatment (I've just recovered from cancer and now have a swollen prostate ) I even had to complain about a member of staff because I presses the buzzer and she screamed at me for using the buzzer.i suggest in holiday times avoid this hospital because I was refused medicine but given medicine which I knew would make me Ill which rection but would stop most of it.

24th August 2013

The aftercare staff on the ward were fantastic, from the NA who made me a cup of tea and some toast after the op to the physio who explained what to do at the end, everyone was wonderful and fantastic at their jobs. I work in a hospital myself and was amazed at how smoothly the ward ran and how well everyone got on, like one of those wards where you daren't touch or change anything because it all works so well and to change that even a bit would be sacrilige. I also got the impression that every single one of the staff enjoyed being there and doing their job, as I do where I work. There cannot be a better situation than that, people who are there to care for you... ENJOYING caring for you is a very wonderful thing indeed and every single individual member of that team deserves a medal and a slice of cake. I felt like I'd known them all for 20 years by the time I left and was actually quite sad to leave. I've been in hospital a few times for various things and I would say without a shadow of a doubt, the recovery ward/day surgery ward at Llandough has to be far and away the best service and most professional service I've ever been lucky enough to witness. Give all of the staff a pay hike, they are exactly what the NHS should be like!