glenfield-hospital

Glenfield Hospital

Groby Road, Leicester, England, LE3 9QP

5th October 2020

The nurses and care team were very attentive and caring during my time at the hospital. This hospital is the most professional hospital I have visited. The only negatives about the experience are the food menu was not suitable for a diabetic and I struggled to find anything to eat. One time we even received frozen chips - even the nurses took them away. The other downside is the map and finding your way around the hospital. The directions and map for someone that has come from over 40 miles away and doesn't know the hospital the signage and coloured map needs to be more specific and user friendly. Written directions with the best entrance and way around would have helped us. Also, signage within the hospital we found poor and hard to work out where to go as some departments in the letter were non-exisitant not he signs and some staff also didn't know where to send us. A prime example was trying to find the intensive care unit. Also at our follow up appointment as we were there for some time we went to get some food. There was a section that sold tea, coffee and hot food and but we were told that was for staff only but we couldn't find a sign to say this and we found this poor that food could not ne purchased.

14th September 2020

Under the conditions at he time I could not have been looked after and cared for any better.

2nd July 2020

My mother spent 3 weeks on ward 28. She was given the best care a team could have possibly given. She was treated as an individual on a holistic level. It was clear that all who were involved in my mom's care are passionate about the roles they played.

20th February 2020

I have just experienced my first stay in a NHS hospital, Glenfield at Leicester to be precise. This experience was way beyond expectations, firstly the nursing staff and auxiliaries were so very caring and attentive to my needs. While the Consultants informed me of all of what I should expect. They did this in great detail and in laymen's term so it was all easily understandable. Finally, the surgeon who understood the procedure was excellent. Again he kept me informed of every stage of the operation, he was a true professional and made the whole experience bearable. As for the aftercare, again it was excellent. The nursing staff were caring and attentive. Just before I was discharged, the surgeon came to see me and he infomed the procedure had been a total success. This reflects the excellent skills he had used. I cannot praise this hospital enough. I would recommend anybody who has attend this hospital to feel confident that they will receive excellent care and expertise.

{{category}} working at Glenfield Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Glenfield Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb39r