campbell-house

Campbell Square, Northampton, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 3EB

1 2 3 4 5 3,026 reviews

Review of Perinatal Mental Health,
10th June 2021

During my time with the Perintal team I felt let down, forgotten and mostly confused. During pregnancy I had Helen as a midwife who was amazing and then after I was under the care of a lady called Sarah who again was amazingly helpful and a male psychiatrist who would check in and offer medication and advice when needed (I can’t remember his name but he was very kind and helpful). At this time I felt very cared for and looked after but unfortunately this was then overshadowed by my support changing with no explanation. I was told Sarah was on holiday, then leave and then she was gone and I was appointed Jessica and a lady psychiatrist who wasn’t very helpful. Although Jessica seemed nice I would feel very confused about appointments and the change in approach and treatment plan, I struggled to engage with her as she was un-relatable. I was put forward to do cft which after the first few sessions felt very strict and difficult to engage in with a small baby who needed to be kept quiet for over an hour. Due to some personal circumstances I had to withdraw from the sessions and was told I could re join in January. I was then seen by a mental health nurse to do an exercise called VIG. This seemed like a nice thing to help me feel like my baby liked me. Unfortunately the videos taken where lost which meant the work needed to be re done by myself which seemed pointless and with moving house I struggled to find time or help to do it. I then was completely neglected over Christmas and new year and actually forgotten I believe as I had to get intouch to find out if I was still appointed anyone to continue support with. I was then picked up again by Jess end of jan/early feb where she wanted to continue some work with my anxiety especially around leaving my baby as I was due to return to work. These sessions where quite useful and I did my best to follow out the tasks set but I was then informed this would be replaced by cft to which I wasn’t very happy about due to it starting in April when I would most certainly be returning to work (4 months later than the cft was originally due to start) for these reasons I chose to not partake as it felt very forced and not something that I felt to be beneficial or even relevant for support. Today I have been sent a letter to inform me I’ve been discharged and to self refer for IAPT (I self referred over a year ago and still have not heard anything) and in this letter it states I was sent a letter previous with a 2 week deadline to get intouch, I never received this letter and I have now been discharged. I also called up today to request this feedback link and after saying my name and offering how to spell it I was told I didn’t need to as she knew exactly who I was for reasons she wasn’t going to tell me which immediately set off my anxiety as I felt I’d been talked about. I’m writing this feedback as I feel it’s important to share my experience and to give credit to Helen, Sarah and the male psychiatrist but to also hopefully help with training and changes needed.

Communication, this seems to be a problem.

9th June 2021

Throughout my time getting counselling, I felt listened to and cared for. my time using this service has been incredibly beneficial and helpful and i really appreciate all the help, guidance, support and care i received. the sessions were completely person- centred and whilst giving me the necessary guidance and help i needed, also allowed me to guide my own recovery and speak about all aspects of my life- which i think helped massively being able to have that outlet and consider all aspects of myself. For the entire time i was having these sessions my counsellor was supportive, kind and compassionate. This made a real difference to the sessions as i felt listened to and understood. This made it so much easier to open up.

Nothing, my sessions were great!

8th June 2021

Dylan has been fantastic. He always listened and never passed judgment. He made feel extremely welcome and set my mind at ease on several occasions too. He also allowed me lead myself through my issues, but added structure. Thank you as always

Face to face service has to return post Covid. It’s a must.

Review of PD Hub: Young People,
8th June 2021

Very good, the staff were pleasant and clearly knew what they were talking about.

Integrate more games with the teaching to keep attention spans up.

8th June 2021

I received excellent support both during the online SilverCloud programme, especially Mohammed kept in contact during the phone prior to counselling being made available. Helen Rainbow was excellent support and very reassuring and easy to talk to. She offered so much support and at a pace I was comfortable with. Would highly recommend Helen.

Review of Understanding and Managing Emotions Group,
8th June 2021

Nice that we could watch role play conversations between the therapists and not have to do it ourselves.

List of mindfulness activities that are used at the beginning of sessions included in the handout

Review of Understanding and Managing Emotions Group,
7th June 2021

Didn't really talk about it

Not been as condescending and taken more time discussing certain topics

2nd June 2021

I received a great level of support from my cognitive behavioural therapist, Michelle Hickmott. She listened very well and took the time to hear what I was saying. She was careful to not take over and make me feel that I was an active participant in the process. She gave me the tools I needed in order to help myself, which was very important to me, rather than being done to.

The waiting time was a little long, only because I needed help. I understand that there is a great need for these services at the moment.

Review of Perinatal Mental Health,
1st June 2021

Overall service was excellent and staff are very understanding

N/A

Review of Structured Clinical Management,
1st June 2021

Cultural needs

{{category}} working at Campbell House ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Campbell House: http://iwgc.net/ejouo