The Park Medical Practice

Cannands Grave Road, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, England, BA4 5RT

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

16th June 2017

I moved to Evercreech from Surrey just over a year ago. As a family, we were split between two separate practices because the first was over capacity. Since joining Park Medical Practice I've been basically overwhelmed by the excellent service, the helpfulness of all staff and although we don't have to visit often thankfully, when we do we feel we get a much better level of care than we previously had. I've had no issues with a recurring prescription that I order online and we always get to see a Doctor when we need to and consultations seem more thorough.

13th June 2017

I have been a patient of The Park Medical Practice both in Evercreech and Shepton Mallet for around 27 years. I am so disappointed by the people who have left negative reviews. I recently called the surgery at 8.30am regarding a problem that I could not get to the surgery to resolve. Within 5 minutes I was called back and within a further 15 minutes a doctor was at my property to give me vital medication. Later the same day the same doctor returned and gave me further medication. The following day I was telephoned twice to check on my progress. Without the support from these fantastic people, Drs, Nurses and support staff I would have been hospitalized. They do a fantastic job under very difficult circumstances and I commend them totally. I have been to see one of the Drs earlier today and was called at 18.40 pm to let me know results from tests done earlier were OK, which has eased my concerns so much. Thanks to you all.

13th June 2017

I have been to the practice several times within the last two years and have found the staff I have come into contact with very helpful. I have been very impressed with the treatment and service provided. I needed a replacement knee and didn't have to fight for a referral, it was offered straight away. Compared to my previous doctors surgery Park Medical is like a breath of fresh air.

12th June 2017

I would certainly recommend this surgery. I have been with it since 1972 and it has improved considerably over the years. The staff, the nurses and the doctors are very helpful. I am trying to think of something I could complain about or recommend you change but other than you offering patients coffee or tea whilst waiting, I cant. The last comment is a joke. It is not always easy to see your designated doctor within a two week period which can be a nuisance.

5th May 2017

The doctors dont seem to be bothered about helping. I had a phone call about a new problem which I believe is linked to a problem I have had for a couple of years that has recently flaired back up. I was told to try medication I have been on before that had nothing to do with my existing problem. I know my body and I know when something is not right but every doctor I speak to or see seems to not care or listen to my problems. I have had a few things I would like to discuss with a gp but I try avoiding it now until I cant handle it anymore because I just dont get listened to, my appointments are always rushed and nothing gets solved. I dont feel it is fair. To me it feels like doctors now just want to the money more than actually helping people. After speaking to a few other patients at this practice they feel the same as I do, the only difference is I am not shy to say it out loud and make my opinions clear. You know nothing of my family history or what diseases/cancers run in my family and do not bother to ask, Im never asked either so how doctors can be so quick to rule everything out is beyond me. I am not saying I have a disease or cancer or anything along those lines but I know something is not right with my body. I feel as though I am falling apart and no doctor I see or speak to cares. Quick to palm off patients without a second thought.

18th May 2017
Response from The Park Medical Practice

Thank you for you comments and I am sorry you are unhappy with the service you have received. I can assure you that all our GP's place patient care as paramount and would be upset to hear that you have felt rushed and not listened to. It is however difficult to respond more fully without being able to trace consultations and other details back through our records. I can assure you that the practice takes all complaints seriously and we will investigate your concerns thoroughly. I would therefore ask that you contact me at the surgery to talk through your concerns so that we can investiagte and respond to you directly Thank you Andy Dorgan - Practice Manager

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »