The Park Medical Practice

Cannands Grave Road, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, England, BA4 5RT

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

5th May 2017

The doctors dont seem to be bothered about helping. I had a phone call about a new problem which I believe is linked to a problem I have had for a couple of years that has recently flaired back up. I was told to try medication I have been on before that had nothing to do with my existing problem. I know my body and I know when something is not right but every doctor I speak to or see seems to not care or listen to my problems. I have had a few things I would like to discuss with a gp but I try avoiding it now until I cant handle it anymore because I just dont get listened to, my appointments are always rushed and nothing gets solved. I dont feel it is fair. To me it feels like doctors now just want to the money more than actually helping people. After speaking to a few other patients at this practice they feel the same as I do, the only difference is I am not shy to say it out loud and make my opinions clear. You know nothing of my family history or what diseases/cancers run in my family and do not bother to ask, Im never asked either so how doctors can be so quick to rule everything out is beyond me. I am not saying I have a disease or cancer or anything along those lines but I know something is not right with my body. I feel as though I am falling apart and no doctor I see or speak to cares. Quick to palm off patients without a second thought.

18th May 2017
Response from The Park Medical Practice

Thank you for you comments and I am sorry you are unhappy with the service you have received. I can assure you that all our GP's place patient care as paramount and would be upset to hear that you have felt rushed and not listened to. It is however difficult to respond more fully without being able to trace consultations and other details back through our records. I can assure you that the practice takes all complaints seriously and we will investigate your concerns thoroughly. I would therefore ask that you contact me at the surgery to talk through your concerns so that we can investiagte and respond to you directly Thank you Andy Dorgan - Practice Manager

21st April 2017

nightmare to get an appointment online unless you want one in 2 months time and then difficult to get through on the phone. Very ridiculous that you are not allowed to take pushchairs into the surgery. Very difficult for Dr to examine me when I'm holding a wriggly baby. Once had a doctor tell me to learn to live with my hemerrohoids, so I avoid appointments with that doctor now. The one thing that makes me wild is that the surgery offers appointments for working patients until 7pm but shuts the pharmacy counter at 6pm. Working patients then can't get their script until then next day, after work!

18th May 2017
Response from The Park Medical Practice

Thank you for raising these issues and I'm sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service you have received. I accept that the pressure on appointments recently has been very high and that this has resulted in the next available appointment being longer than we would wish. We have recently recruited additional Nurse Practitioners to help us cope with demand. With regard to the pharmacy opening times I regret this is beyond the surgeries control. Although in our premises the Pharmacy is run and managed by Boots and is entirely seperate to the rest of the practice. Hence set their own opening and closing times. Andy Dorgan - Practice Manager

16th February 2017

Came in today to see nurse practioner she had a cold and she was use less had injury to my knee told me to get some ibuprofen from the chemist wouldn`t prescibe me some she told me she would get told off in the end in the end she did prescibe me them. I wanted appointment with a doctor all i got was a nurse practioner not good.

24th November 2016

Just used the online prescription service to order my medication and it took me about a minute from start to finish. I really is not complicated. Just get your logon and password from the surgery. I don't know why people are having problems with it. The only adverse aspect of it is that they don't seem to take much notice of the additional comments when there is something out of the ordinary or a problem. Otherwise, an A1 service.

12th November 2016

Repeat prescriptions online? Nightmare. I'm very computer literate and I still don't know if my request has gone through! Called surgery to ask about wheelchairs as I've broken my leg. They "didn't know anything about wheelchairs" and gave me a independent living number which I called and was for Taunton! So I privately hired one on line. I've never been to collect a prescription without a drama. No option to get it posted as clearly I can't drive. Useless.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »