The Park Medical Practice

Cannands Grave Road, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, England, BA4 5RT 1 2 3 4 5 63 reviews

22nd April 2022

I had a text message out of the blue, telling me I was high risk, to stroke or heart attack. They said I needed to go on medication, which I apparently declined before, never been offered or discussed with me. I phone spoke to practitioner, told needed this medication. Told it be followed up in one week to make sure of no side affects. Hasn't happened, I have no idea, if I ment to order more, or have blood test. It is not even on my nhs prescription, list. Very poor service

A phone call, rather than text message, appointment to explain, and follow up appointment with blood test to see if any improvement.

25th April 2022
Response from The Park Medical Practice

I was very sorry to read your feedback about the practice and the confusion surrounding the text message you received and your medication. Can you please email your name and contact details to - reception.parkmp@nhs.net and I will contact you and resolve this. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Steven Elliott, Deputy Practice Manger.

28th March 2022

I gave you these answers because I’m appalled at how my partner and I were treated.

About Two weeks ago I came into the surgery with my partner due to him taking 500mg of anti depressants ( attempted OD). My partner is not registered at the surgery however we were scared and it was serious. I’m 18 years old and I was told to calm down and step back as if to say I was being aggressive. My partner and I spoke about this and I was in no way shape or form hostile or aggressive, I was just scared. The lady at reception said “we can’t take him he’s not registered here” then proceeded to say “ from our calculations he should be fine” we then rang his doctors who are in wells and they said get to A&E immediately as this isn’t an okay situation. My partner was vomiting up foam and different bodily fluids for about 3 hours on and off. I was so disappointed with the lady at the front desk as she showed no empathy and no kindness at all. Both me and my partner were so angry at how we were treated.

11th April 2022
Response from The Park Medical Practice

I was very sorry to read your feedback about the practice. Can you please email your name and contact details to - reception.parkmp@nhs.net and I will contact you and fully investigate this incident. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Steven Elliott, Deputy Practice Manger.

2nd February 2022

I feel very lucky to have been allocated Dr Browning when I made an appointment for a concern I had. It would have been easy, and understandable, to just deal with the concern but Dr Browning dug a bit deeper. As a result I am now aware of a genetic condition that has been picked up and getting treated. At a time when the NHS is very busy and stressful I feel I was really listened to, it was followed up and, contact was consistent and honest. I was reluctant to start taking medication I’d be taking for life but I trust that Dr Browning is doing the right thing, she has been outstanding.

Nothing

27th December 2021

When I recently became ill with covid both the receptionist and the doctor who phoned me were very helpful and I was given medication that I believe prevented me becoming so much worse. They were efficient and knowledgeable and really lovely. Thank you so much.

Nothing .. the advice and care I received was superb

13th December 2021

This year I’ve had to have check ups and appointments often and the staff at Park Medical are always very kind, professional and helpful. I find the online forms useful and they respond promptly. Thank you for providing excellent medical care for myself and my family through these challenging times.

So far everything is going well, I appreciate the pressure and demand the surgery must be under. I have always been able to book appointments and receive medical help when required. I have also been notified for vaccinations in an organised way - I am very grateful.

Experience

{{category}} working at The Park Medical Practice ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Park Medical Practice: http://iwgc.net/eb6u6