The Firs

Stephenson Road, London, England, E17 7JT 1 2 3 4 5 34 reviews

18th February 2020

I phoned the surgery for an appointment and was told that I was 4th in the queue, my son was sitting next to me and he phoned them 5 minutes after me and was 8th in the queue, after 5 minutes they answered my son and gave him an appointment and I was still 4th and waiting. I asked the receptionist why his call was answered before mine and she said they answer any calls on three different phones in any order doesn't matter where you are in queue, what is the point of telling you.

16th January 2020

I’m writing this due to my frustration at trying to get a doctors appointment at my local surgery. The Firs medical centre Stevens Rd Walthamstow London E177 JT I’ve been trying for the past four days to get an appointment to no avail. Their system requires you to phone up at exactly 8.30am or 2.30pm. Each time I’ve phoned I’ve been around 16th in the queue, this means a waiting time of around 45 minutes. Each day this week once someone has picked up I’m told there are no appointments left. I went in today to try and make appointment in person and was told I had to ring up. I noticed that out of the thirty chairs in the waiting room there was only one person waiting, it was 9.30am! Where are all the doctors? The building has about 15 consulting rooms. This is not the first time this has happened, I have two children and I experience the same frustrations when I have to make an appointment for them. I don’t want to turn up at the hospital, the GP is my first point of call but I’m unable to get over the first hurdle. Im not someone who uses the surgery often, once every few years in fact, but if something was seriously wrong with me or my family I feel as if we just wouldn’t be able to access the NHS due to this system. It worry’s and concerns me. When ever I have to phone up I experience a real sense of helplessness, as I know I’m not going to be able to get an appointment. I’ve written complaints about this surgery before and nothing changes and I don’t receive any feedback or acknowledgment that the email has even been read. My neighbours who are registered their feel the same way about this surgery. I look forward to hearing from you and if any changes can be made.

3rd September 2018

I want to thank the reception staff for their caring and compassionate attitude. Recently, when my husband became suddenly very ill, it was the prompt action taken by the receptionist on duty that led to his being successfully treated. Excellent decision -making skills demonstrated.

23rd May 2018

Just had an appointment with a male locum at the firs. Probably the worst doctor I have ever been to. His interpersonal skills were incredibly poor. I didnt feel listen to, I felt the complete opposite as if I was annoying him. He was rude and abrupt. After three minutes I realised this wasn’t going to be a conversation between two people just him instructing me to do various movements. The whole consultation was completely one sided. I’ve had more human experiences with a ticket machine than him. Avoid.

2nd February 2018

45 minutes waiting on the phone from appointment opening time to be told no available appointments and only two doctors working. Not possible to prebook in advance for either urgent or non-urgent cases. This system is broken, so frustrated!

{{category}} working at The Firs ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Firs: http://iwgc.net/eceyx