The Bromley Common Practice

Crown Medical Centre, 3 Mackintosh Street, Bromley, Kent, BR2 9GT

25th March 2019

Regarding my marks for Receptionists. I would have awarded 5 Stars. However due to one occasion in recent months I have to make a point. During a telephone conversation concerning an urgent request for medicine following discharge from Hospital following a Heart attack I asked for help and was brought to tears due to my stressed condition by the response from the prescription clerk. Fortunately it was resolved by my wife's intervention with another member of staff. I am very disappointed to have to raise this. I did not complain at the time.

21st March 2019

The staff, doctors and nurses are always very pleasant and helpful. The doctor always explains what treatment is necessary and why. There is often a follow-up phone call from the Doctor.

21st February 2019

I have a six month old baby and was unable to register and get an appointment on the same day. I tried again the following day and was told there were no appointments in the morning to call back in the afternoon. I tried again twice in the afternoon and was told there were no appointments and would have to go to the hub or a&e. I tried again later at 6pm to see if I could at least speak to the duty doctor, my baby was screaming non stop and the receptionist heard and got a doctor to call back. I was “told off” for not bringing my daughter in sooner, and even though the website says it’s open til 8pm I was told they closed at 6.30pm by the doctor, Dr Chagarlamudi. I was told my baby could be seen if I could get to the surgery in 20 mins before they closed. The same doctor was not friendly, empathic nor gave eye contact, did not listen to what I was saying and I had to repeat myself several times. She called my daughter “he” on several occasions and did not address her or speak to her once to acknowledge her, even on examination when my baby looked scared and ended up crying. I had to ask for explanations regarding her symptoms and medications prescribed, and felt rushed and a burden. I was told on leaving a word of advise was to call at 8am for an appointment in the future. As if i hadn’t been trying for over 24 hours! I’ve not known a surgery to not offer to see a baby or at least offer a telephone consultation on same day. I also don’t think I was spoken to or treated with respect or empathy as a mother who has been up with her baby and caring for her throughout the last 72 hours with her illness. Terrible patient care! I was told it would be at least 2 weeks to see the GP who specialises in Paediatrics as he is popular. I can see why there are such waiting times to see certain doctors if others treat their patients like this!

25th February 2019
Response from The Bromley Common Practice

I'm sorry to read this review and for your recent experience of the practice. I would like to investigate and respond to you personally regarding your complaint but unfortunately you've not left your name. If you would like me to address your comments please contact me (Katie Mitchell, Practice Manager), and I'll deal with your concerns as per our complaints procedure, rather than on a public forum. I hope your next experience of the practice will be much improved.

22nd January 2019

5th December 2018

It is problematic for people like me who are on the way to work, or trying to get the kids to school to call up for an on the day appointment at 8.30am, but if you don’t call on the dot of 8.30am then very difficult to get seen. The doctor I like seeing only works part time and that makes it difficult to see her. Sometimes appointments run very late.

2nd January 2019
Response from The Bromley Common Practice

Thank you for your feedback. We realise it can be hard for patients to get through at 8.30am and we have recently opened up our 'on the day' appointments from 8am as it was felt this might be better. These appointments are released online as well as on the telephone which some patients find a smoother process. You can set up online access for appointment booking via a link on our website (www.thebromleycommonpractice.co.uk). You can even download an app to your smartphone so you can book on the move. We offer a variety of other appointment types too, those bookable one day, two days, a week and 5 weeks ahead which may be more convenient for non-urgent matters. Rest assured we will always offer a same day response if the nature of your illness cannot wait.

{{category}} working at The Bromley Common Practice ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Bromley Common Practice: http://iwgc.net/ejhf4