St Andrews Medical Practice

50 Oakleigh Road North, Whetstone, London, England, N20 9EX

11th October 2018

I have been to this surgury for 2 yrs now and every time i order my repeat dressings for my stoma they get it wrong every time

16th August 2018

I have complained about the length of time we wait to book a GP appointment online. The practice must be listening to our complaints as they have had consultants working on improvements to the service since early this year. Now, I think they misunderstood our complaints. Instead of trying to keep our wait to under 4 weeks for a routine appointment booked through the online booking service they are extending the time period from 4 weeks to 8 weeks and later to 12 weeks. So when you go online to book a routine appointment you will be able to book up to 12 weeks in advance. Who is going to know that far in advance if they are free or remember that appointment when the time comes. Will this result in even more missed appointments. I expected the practice to look at ways of providing more GP hours within the 4 week window not extend the window to 8 weeks and eventually 12 weeks. The management of this practice continues to baffle me.

24th April 2018

It is nearly impossible to get through on the phone. There is also an incredibly irritating message that thanks you for waiting every 5 seconds - after waiting for 30mins that is not helpful. I had conflicting and incorrect information provided by different receptionist on the same day about the same issue. An important referral with regards to the on going monitoring of a brain tumour has not been made despite providing the information 3 months ago. My records have still not transferred over from my previous GP 5 months ago - although not the practices fault, given my situation there must be a way of speeding the process up? I have also not been invited back for asthma check up despite this being an ongoing issue for me. I am really, really disappointed.

20th April 2018

I have been trying the online booking service for two weeks to get a routine appointment but they are almost non existent. The only 3 available appointments were at a time I could not attend. This week there have been none listed. What is going on? I checked the surgery websites looking for clues. There are many doctors listed but almost all work part time. It does not say if they work half a day or 4½ days per week so that information is useless. You should quote the number of hours per doctor per week, or the number of surgeries each doctor covers per week. The last newsletter from the surgery to keep patients informed was in Spring 2017. The newsletter used to be issued quarterly. The last patients survey, according to the website was in year 2013/14 What has happened to communicating with your patients. I must now phone the surgery for an appointment when I could easily book it myself, without taking up the time of a receptionist, only there are no online appointments. Luckily, when I get to see a doctor they are very professional but the hurdles in the way before seeing them is unfair.

13th April 2018

I usually have great things to say about this surgery and my review is not related to the surgery itself or the doctors and care given. It is to do with the appointments line. This morning I spent well over an hour trying to get through to the surgery to make an appointment for my daughter. I wouldnt even have minded that, but every time I got to the front of the queue my call got cut off and I had to start again. This happened 4 TIMES!!! I gave up in the end and called 111. I would like to add that this isn't the first time i’ve had issues with the appointment line, in the past I have also been cut off or it has connected to the wrong extension and nobody would talk to me about appointments on that line but I couldnt connect to the appointments line. I have always received great care at the surgery and the doctors are very helpful - assuming you can actually get through to make an appointment!!

{{category}} working at St Andrews Medical Practice ({{entities.length}})

Nurses working at St Andrews Medical Practice