Somerset Gardens Family Health Centre

4 Creighton Road, Tottenham, London, N17 8NW 1 2 3 4 5 42 reviews

22nd February 2020

I have a complaint to raise against Dr Shakil Alam GP at the Somerset garden family centre. My 6 month daughter was diagnosed by chase farm hospital of having upper respiratory tract infections. we decided to book an appointment to see a doctor due to the fact that my daughter had terrible cought at night and she did not sleep the all night due to that . My appointment was book for 13:10pm . At the GP the receptionist was soo welcoming and nice but as soon as we enter Dr. Shakil Alam room 7 he was not very welcoming and straightway he give you that unwelcoming feeling no hello or even good morning . We started to explain the situation that we were here the previous date cause mother has not been feeling well and also our daughter and he straightway he quoted " So why are you here for " which I would describe with a sarcastic smile . I then explain again that last night she could not sleep with that terrible cough was making her agitated and she did sleep all night but for Dr Alam what I can see he did not know what to answer apart from saying it's a virus against with a sarcastic smile. Dr Alam then ask us is that our first baby we answer yes he smile in a sarcastic way agjn making us feel bad like we don't know what we are doing. Then he notice I got upset and my face change he then trys to make joke that he has a 2 month baby himself and is that fun for us. Theres was a point we just want to leave as we didn't get the advice we were looking for . Also I have to mention the way he was seating in his chair was not very professional lay back arm resting of the arm chair like he doesn't have a care in the world . It's a petty I have been over 10 year at Somerset family garden centre and never I had to complain about a doctor or get really upset coming from the room . On my way out I mentioned to my partner we will go now to a private doctor and I know Dr Alam heard then after 1 min he came out from his room and told us that he can prescribe antibiotics if we need we said no after all that in the room I had to mentioned we are going private so you can prescribe medication so that's mean in the room he were not bothered at all. Its disappointed I thought we are coming to get advice or some kind of direction but we got nothing apart from sarcastic smile and a lay back doctor .

12th November 2019

I like the fact that they have a pharmacy inside the practise but they really need to improve in picking up the phone, for emergency the line is always busy and when it actually rings nobody picks up and after then there's no way you can get in touch with anyone at all,the phone keeps ringing and ringing but is never answer,a few of the receptionist are also rude and unhelpful is always hard to be seen and I can't even book appointments in advance am planning to change surgery soon.

30th August 2019

The local chemists phoned me yesterday to say they wouldn’t let her pick up my mums repeat prescription so tried phoning today and as usual I can’t get through I wouldn’t mind if she wasn’t dependant on her pills I don’t live in Tottenham so I have to be able to get through by phone ...but you can’t totally useless for the purpose it’s meant for. There are some good doctors mainly temp or stand in ones as the regulars like hazel and Eden are just absolute rubbish in this day and age the service is a joke I mean why isn’t there someone to answer the phone considering the amount of elderly patients they have! My advice would be to get a new doctors

1st July 2019

The fact that you are already unwell and trying to get an appointment to see or talk to a doctor is hard enough but waiting to be connected is frustrating as it’s impossible to get through. The phones are continuously engaged or it rings and no one picks up ( sorry there is no reply) patient then becomes outraged and frustrated. When you do manage to get through you are told there is no appointment left. Your doctor tells you to phone and leave massage but receptionist tells you you can’t do that even when you explain that the doctor told you too. That’s a joke. Ask to speak to the practice manager and you are told she is busy in 3 years I have never been able to speak to her, even though I have asked to be contacted. NEVER HAPPENED. Does she exist. It would be great if this generates a response.

24th June 2019

They never answer the phone so it’s impossible to get an appointment

{{category}} working at Somerset Gardens Family Health Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Somerset Gardens Family Health Centre: http://iwgc.net/ecbio