Peverell Park Surgery

162 Outland Road, Peverell, Plymouth, England, PL2 3PR 1 2 3 4 5 42 reviews

20th January 2022

I have just moved from another practice and am delighted by the service from Peverell Park Surgery. I completed an e-consult and was called by a doctor the following day who answered all my questions and arranged a prescription.

I wish that the e-consult didn't require a symptom. Difficult when ringing for advice with no symptoms to report.

10th January 2022

There is so much negative feedback generally about surgeries but I cannot fault the service I have had from Peverell Park surgery. After doing an online econsult I was advised I needed to contact my surgery. The phone was answered quickly and a doctor rang me back within an hour. After taking the action needed I had to call the surgery again, they were busy but you had the option to be called back, which was great.

Cannot fault the services I have received

7th December 2021

An excellent surgery and always has been from the time on Peverell Park Road.. The service from ALL staff 2nd to none...THANKS. The website... Wow how nice n glossy. With a bit more effort it could have been totally impossible to use. All i want to do is send a note to a doctor. re some tablets i had quite a while ago"Acroxia" I haven't done the receptionist course yet, so every turn i make is the wrong one.

I realise there is no incentive to do so... But make the online system user friendly. Not everything fits nicely into a pigeon hole. Ive run out of steam cheers John Stapleton 04/10/1947

3rd December 2021

I would like to start by saying usually the practice is great but quite honestly I'm just going to say it that Dr Ali should be nowhere near any mental health related patients, she is absolutely the worst person you could come across, I basically had to plead to go up in medication again, I was forced to divulge very personal information that i did not want to and have not had to with my normal doctor at the surgery, It was just so bad, felt like a police interrogation, she has very little understanding of mental health her attitude is completely wrong and its not the first time i have experienced her, sadly i forgot her name but i did have suspicions before i took the call that it might be her. i wont make that mistake again. she uses a technique of coercion and just makes you feel about as small as you can be, . I feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with her even in normal practice. I thought about leaving it but it really stuck with me and i feel its worth a complaint because this is the second time. I would honestly complain higher given the chance.

I don't really know what could be done because there's probably a shortage of doctors atm but i just completely believe there should be allocated doctors for mental health. Dr Ali should not be in those allocated doctors.

25th November 2021

Plain and simple answer is that you cannot get an appointment. Face to face appointments are less common place than rocking horse dung. The only GP I have any time for is Dr Dunne. He fully explains everything which I believe makes the patient able to process the information being given to them. I couldn't recommend him more. However, in the past, Pre-COVID times. When I went for an appointment I was asked what was wrong and when I told him was then asked "what I wanted him to do"!! I have felt most times when attending this surgery that I'm just a burden, that I'm being stupid and they know best and that there is no way my opinion could be correct. I think at times they are quick to label, quick to diagnose without considering other factors. On the flip side, the nurses I have seen at the surgery have been great as well as Dr Dunne as previously stated.

Explained how you have come to the diagnosis you have. Demonstrate an understanding that maybe, just maybe you may be wrong even when the patient is willing to try anything to resolve an issue. Do not project a disinterested demeanour to patients. Do not project an atmosphere that the patient is wasting your time. Maybe a little coaching training, learning about mimicking and mirroring techniques. Or maybe Neuro-Linguistic Practitioner training would be advantageous. Actually make face to face appointments available. I know it may well be an out the box idea. Open the reception, so at least information can be sought as ringing the surgery is about as much use as a chocolate tea-pot. Improve the ability to be contacted. At present the chances of actually speaking to someone is up there with seeing the flying dutchman or unicorn excrement. Have empathy like Dr Dunne.

Experience

{{category}} working at Peverell Park Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Peverell Park Surgery: http://iwgc.net/eccbo