Peverell Park Surgery

162 Outland Road, Peverell, Plymouth, England, PL2 3PR

24th May 2019

I had a smear test which usually I find uncomfortable and painful. The nurse (Sister Metcalfe) was excellent and gave me great advice. The receptionist was also really helpful when I registered and booked an appointment. Only downside is I coudn't get through on the phone, but I'm now registered online.

4th March 2019

I had recently moved to the area wanting to seek a caring, welcoming doctors surgery. However, my experience is the complete opposite. The receptionist are rude and ignorant, they do not allow you to make an appointment and require you to have a call back from a doctor, circumstances like mine I am unable to take phone calls during the day due to work, but shockingly this was ignored and no care was given. Once in an appointment with a doctor (maybe this was to do with my age) I was not taken seriously and every appointment I had I left extremely upset and unhappy with the treatment I have been given, perhaps discrimination. I was told it was anxiety and that it may be in my head, although I was the one suffering. I am left extremely upset and do not even want to step foot into another doctors because of how humiliating it was. Awful surgery and I am currently seeking a new surgery, one that will help with a ‘troubled young adult’.

30th November 2018

Although the GP and nurses I have come across were lovely and dispensing the best quality of care, the receptionist was extremely rude and unhelpful. Massive let down for the surgery. They’re very unhelpful in booking appointments with the doctor and don’t let me speak to my doctor/ book appointments. One rude receptionist went as far as to call me up and literally yell at me that I wasn’t allowed to book appointments. Extremely disappointed and will be changing surgeries.

30th October 2018

I have been a part of this surgery as a student for the past 2 years. I have always found the receptionists, when talking to me, to be not very helpful and it often takes my knowledge of the system (I've been working in a GP surgery on and off for a year) to actually get them to give me my results when they have them, book an appointment or get them to give me advice on what to do. They need to contact more with the pharmacy as they refer a lot to them. Some of the doctors have been so lovely and supportive, while I have had one that gave me the wrong prescription (that I paid for) because he didn't read my results and a nurse had to correct him (while I was in my appointment to get injected). The nurses have always been incredibly helpful.

3rd January 2018

The receptionist I have spoken to on a number of occasions over the phone has been continuously rude and unhelpful. When I asked to speak with a doctor about a repeat prescription request during the summer holidays she took it upon herself to tell me I was not allowed to speak with the doctor. On arriving back in Plymouth in September I spoke with a doctor from the surgery and she informed me this was not appropriate and I was entitled to speak on the phone to a doctor as it was clearly stated in the notes. The doctors at the surgery are lovely and so are the nurses, however the receptionist related to this review has little in the way of compassion or manners. I am unsure why these receptionists think they have power over booking appointments concerning medical conditions they have had no training in. They are not qualified to make judgments on health and it is appalling they think they can. I have needed to see a doctor since November, but have been made to feel unwelcome and a nuisance by the receptionist because dates I suggested did not fit with the books. She is unaccommodating and rude. I immensely appreciate what the NHS does and it is a shame someone like this is letting them down.

1st February 2018
Response from Peverell Park Surgery

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy about the service we have provided. Please contact our Practice Manager Teresa Nation via email administration.peverellpark@nhs.net if you would like us to investigate further for you. Peverell Park Surgery

{{category}} working at Peverell Park Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Peverell Park Surgery: http://iwgc.net/eccbo