Hereward Group Practice
Written by a patient
23rd August 2020
1) Discharged from P'Boro. hospital, had to buy own BP machine, no support at health centre, promised a follow up call after submitting results, no follow up even after calling in twice.
2)Needed a sick note for employer, told to contact hospital: Hospital were quite clear...I was discharged into the care of Hereward with full notes, Hereward is required to issue the sick note!
3) Discharge letter states I need an URGENT cardio appointment, you seem oblivious in supporting that, it was around 3 months ago...is there any pro-active support anymore?
4) Angina, an old complaint recurred, as I work shifts no call back took place as would not arrange for my available time; 12 noon to 3pm. Your system would only work if I did not work nights and did not need any sleep...think about it.
5) Developed a hernia, told to call back after covid had eased 4-6 weeks!
6) needed a repeat prescription, tried to order it on the Friday (for next week's delivery to my village Wed.) as I would not have enough medicine to last through the next weekend. Told I would have to wait until next to order as that would be one month since last prescription. 30 day month, 28 days prescription supply add on Wed delivery, = 5 days without prescription medication. Could not get passed this wall so went without.
Your IT/management system is outside reality, it might work for you or the non working community but for those who are outside your rigid/ short sighted programming it certainly does not work.
I understand Galletly practice is gaining many of your patients for this reason, guess this must be what you want.
10-15 years ago this practice was excellent and very quick to respond to patient's needs, now it is rigid and inflexible. You will not even arrange a pm call back for the next day for angina!
Gave 3 stars for surgery cleanliness going from previous visits as do not know current state, could not get an appointment to see a doctor.