Farnham Medical Centre

435 Stanhope Road, South Shields, Tyne & Wear, England, NE33 4JE 1 2 3 4 5 20 reviews

18th February 2020

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to Dr Batson Dr Curtis and all the receptionists especially Lynne and Sharon that have made my illness and life so better thank you all for yr great support xx

2nd December 2019

Feeling poorly and the anxiety that can create requires more than just treatment of the symptoms, and instead treatment of the whole patient. I feel the friendly but professional approach adopted by Dr Batson at Farnham Road was nothing short of wonderful. I felt listened to, clearly informed about the rationale for diagnostics and potential issues under consideration. I also felt my worries were properly considered. Results were swift and well discussed. An excellent surgery, with staff who get the balance between caring and professional just right. Thank you.

10th October 2019

The receptionist on the phone are cheery, helpful and efficient. When I've needed to see a doctor they have helped me happily and effectively. The doctors in the team are simply brilliant too. Friends at other surgeries tell me horror stories of moody receptionists and two week waits for appointment. Thank you for the brilliant team effort, I for one really do appreciate it.

2nd September 2019

I was able to get appointments quickly once I explained my problem. Doctors quickly ruled things out and referred me on to services that they thought I would best benefit from. My only criticism would be it was never really explained to me what to do if my test results came back as normal. I felt as though I had to keep contacting the centre to make appointments to get further advice on my symptoms/treatment from GPs. Staff are friendly and waiting times were low

9th April 2019

I have been having severe stomach pains for around a year now and have been given different tablets and ultrasounds (even though I originally asked for the camera which they seemed reluctant to give me). Bearing in mind on one of the ultrasound scans they messed up and sent the completely wrong letter to the hospital so i had to wait longer! After seeing the gynecologist for the first time at the QE, they referred me back to Farnham to get the depo-provera injection as my stomach pains were getting worse. However, I rang up and made another appointment 3 weeks after as i felt no better. The doctor then said he would refer me back to the gynecologist at either South Tyneside Hospital or the QE. I had been waiting for this letter for 3 weeks and it hadn't arrived so i began to get worried. I rang up 3 times during these 3 weeks and each time the receptionist said that it was on its way. I therefore decided to ring up both hospitals who said they haven't had any referrals. I rang up the doctors to discuss this and they said how the referral was not even sent in the first place! My mam then wrote a complaint and we received a letter from the doctors a couple days later stating how they didn't realize how i had the depo injection just weeks before even though I discussed this with the doctor and he also had my records up in front of him! In the complaint, they also disregarded the fact that they have already messed up with a previous letter which delayed the process and how the receptionists had lied each time i rang up and didn't even bother checking my record. Now I need to wait another 5 weeks for the second depo injection before i can discuss another referral! I feel as though they are just guessing rather than allowing me to get the camera to actually detect the problem. Feel like I am wasting my time.

{{category}} working at Farnham Medical Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Farnham Medical Centre: http://iwgc.net/ecbls