East Lynne Medical Centre

3-5 Wellesley Road, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, England, CO15 3PP

25th April 2016

19th April 2016

Dr Sherwood always listens to the problems I bring to him. He has been very quick to refer me to the hospital whether on an urgent basis or not and gives me concise and helpful advice. His follow ups on blood tests, etc., is second to none. He responds to messages left for him promptly and I have never been unable to make an appointment to see him. Since he has been in the practice, the administration has become very efficient and every opportunity is taken to keep patients informed on the need to have flu jabs and similar vaccinations. I have confidence in his advice. He has looked after my husband and I extremely well. We are grateful for the care we receive from Dr Sherwood and all of the medical and admin staff at East Lynne Medical Centre.

14th April 2016

East Lynne Medical Centre provides G. P. / nursing services in an area of great deprivation. Most patients, myself included, are on various benefits. There is a very elderly population as well as young people who, through no fault of their own, cannot find work. It cannot be easy trying to care for so many people who have so many health and personal issues. All doctors, nurses and admin people do everything they can to look after us and provide us with great care. I would not want to move because I would not want to move out of their surgery catchment area.

2nd October 2015

Really gone downhill receptionists are so rude with bad attitude when you phone you get told all appointments are gone

30th September 2015

I recently went with a skin complaint. It was diagnosed as scabies. The correct treatment was prescribed but no other important information was forthcoming such is the need to have your wife/partner treated and what to do with your recent clothing and bedding. the doctor had to read about scabies from a book. being unsatisfied and concerned I got in touch with the head scientist of the manufacturers of Derbac. He was amazed that my wife had not been called in for treatment by the surgery! trying to get her an appointment has been impossible and I have to say been met with some derision and resistance as if I have had the affront to question a doctor. I am far from happy with this situation and considering an official complaint and possible legal action should she become infected as I have been. I realise that the staff get abuse from some people but they should treat genuine patients with greater courtesy and compassion. people tend to trust in professional people such as Doctors, is the trust being misplaced I wonder?