birchwood-medical-practice-1

Birchwood Medical Practice

Kings Road, Horley, Surrey, England, RH6 7DG

Also known as: Birchwood Medcial Practice

9th August 2018

A huge thank you to the very professional and helpful Julie on reception. She initially helped me resolve an issue with a repeat prescription without making me foolish for having made such an error in the first place. I have to be honest, I expected to have to wait at least 48 hours for a new prescription etc. However, within half an hour Julie had sorted it More importantly however, I became concerned about my baby as I walked home as he’d had a bump to the head the previous evening and now seemed unusually sleepy. By the time I got back to the surgery, I couldn’t rouse him at all and don’t think I’ve ever been so frightened. Julie saw my fear and saw to us immediately. She was calm throughout and ascertained whether he was breathing or not, a very brief history and explained to me that she would be pressing the emergency button and what that meant. The GP we saw (Dr Jamie) was thorough, patient, professional. Everything you could wish for. My baby is fine and I am immensely and eternally grateful to both of these amazing women. I’m usually the one dealing with emergencies, so to be on the receiving end of such calm and professional treatment gave me a whole new new appreciation of the panic you feel in such a situation.

18th July 2018

I had had a fall on my driveway was very shaken up lots of blood I had hit my face directly on to the concrete having passed out. I came into the surgery and spoke with Julie the receptionist - she was fantastic let me down and immediately made arrangement for someone to see me. She knows that I am deaf and really went out of her way to help me - she didn't just do her job - I was suffering from some chest pain also she kept an eye on me whilst I waited to see someone and ensured that I was not driving myself home - I was frightened by.

18th July 2018

While I was waiting for an appt an elderly gentleman came into reception and complained about not receiving his prescription as had been told. The receptionist was very polite and apologized. The man was very persistent and his complaining continued for 10 mins or so. All the while the receptionist was calm and tried to reassure the man with suggestions as to what to do in the future if it should happen again. He went away still grumbling but reassured later went up to receptionist just to tell her how well she had handled.

18th July 2018

I saw Dr Rustrum in an emergency appointment this morning. I was extremely impressed with the care I received from him and feel I would be more than happy to see him every time (if possible). He listened intently to everything I said and gave the excellent treatment. I would definitely recommend him to my friends. Thank you.