Balmoral Surgery

Canada Road, Walmer, Deal, Kent, England, CT14 7EQ

Balmoral Surgery

28th March 2018

This surgery is a joke ! Receptionists thinking they are doctors and always rude! In a whole year I have never once been seen on time . Usually 30 /40 mins wait never an explanation. It's a shame as some of the doctors are ok but I don't expect to have to explain why I need an appointment from a receptionist who then decides if I need one ??? I will be moving ASAP as should everyone!!

18th March 2018

I have seen 3 different doctors at this practice. 2 were excellent, 1 was a bit ambivalent so I won't see him again! The main issue is the long wait to see a doctor, booking 3-4 weeks in advance! I've never spoken to a receptionist as automated check in so can't really comment on that section.

7th March 2018

My appointment was over an hour late with no apology when i was seen by the doctor. I asked the receptionist when I would be seen and she could not tell me anything useful. When I was seen by the Doctor she did not listen to what I was saying a prescribed something that would not be of any use to me.

28th February 2018

I wanted to speak to my Doctor about a problem as I was told that there were no appointments again for the third day in a row . Firstly I was asked “What do you want “? .....Not quite how you expect to be spoken to by a Receptionist at your GP practice when you are feeling unwell . I was told that he was away so I asked to speak to another Dr and told her the problem . She told me it was unlikely that any of the others would prescribe over the phone as the Doctors on duty that day were not that helpful ! But would pass the message on ! Luckily the Dr that rang me was very helpful . You don’t expect to have so many obstacles put in your way when trying to see your Doctor. I am leaving me this practice as soon as I can get a new Dr . I have been with this practice my whole life and am really disappointed t see how it has really gone downhill

27th February 2018

Since joining this practice I have always spoke highly of it, however since having to have surgery and being immobile several matters have arisen which could have been far better handled. 1. have developed a hacking cough in hospital and it going on for 10 days I asked for home visit- I received a call 'advising take strepsils' given I had a history of DVT's I was concerned that may have been an issue. 2. on the discharge letter it said gp to follow up for FULL BLOOD COUNT a week after discharge due to anaemia. this was not arranged until I called the surgery( the letter did not say this was my responsibility) 3. blood test showed anaemia, instead of the practice calling me- I got a letter saying make an appointment to see Dr- SNOW ON GROUND AND NOT mobile I RANG THE SURGERY And ASK FOR THE TREAMENT TO BE SENT TO THE PHARMACY AS IS USUALLY the case. Also in relation to my husband and his diabetic treatment, the Dr we saw was very rude and we no longer want to see this doctor for his treatment. how can a patient discuss their concerns with a doctor that will just not listen and reply with unhelpful comments. please can you contact me back to let me know what happens to these reviews and if my experiences have been taken on board. thank you Carol Downham