Balmoral Surgery

Canada Road, Walmer, Deal, Kent, England, CT14 7EQ 1 2 3 4 5 77 reviews

24th September 2020

I received a text telling me to make an appointment for a flu jab. I have now spent over half an hour trying to get through to the surgery to make an appointment. The telephone number has changed since I last contacted the surgery but I was not told and had to look it up. The tape, to which I have been subjected for the last 30 minutes is indecipherable, crackly and useless. Why do you not have a dedicated line for flu jabs if you are telling people to book them? How can I fill in the remaining boxes when all I want to do is make an appointment? I have not been into the surgery and I have not managed to speak to anyone!!

Try having more people answering the phone, do something with the recorded message - it is probably worn out from overuse, consider the needs of your patients!!

Experience
30th March 2020

I have just read the last review and it could have been me writing it.I am intelligent and reluctantly deemed elderly.Also have been prescribed blood pressure tablets which do not gel together.I put in a request for tablets needed urgently with the request In the light of present circumstances I could have.all of them.The doctors surgery failed to alert the chemist to my need for any of them.If the superb chemist hadn’t been efficient I would have run out .Great chemist,poor surgery.Is there something wrong with their computers.The surgery is closed.It is the chemists next door who are at risk.If I survive this madness I won’t forget.I don’t feel the doctors in this surgery have their patients best interests at heart.Stress about getting tablets causes high blood pressure!

3rd March 2020

I am an intelligent well educated person who unfortunately is now deemed elderly.I reluctantly take blood pressure tablets.I have a repeat prescription which I try to adhere to.Unfortunately the renewal dates do not gel very well.I put in a repeat prescription asking for what was needed immediately with a comment that in the light of recent viral problems visits to doctors surgeries was to be discouraged.I asked if I could a complete renewal prescription.I went to my excellent chemist to be told none of my tablets had been ordered ...I run out of one in three days time..No apology from the surgery...they will be in tomorrow.I am not impressed. Why is the surgery always empty?

18th September 2019

It is not easy pleasing patients as the difficulty getting appointments is is inevitable and not their fault......just too many people needing help.All our dealings with the surgery have been positive and Dr Sparrow is always thorough and knowledgeable.There should be more doctors for the number of patients but of course with the present financial climate this will not happen.

14th August 2019

I have been attending this surgery for a long time. There have been some great doctors. However, today, I was spoken to over the phone by a receptionist; and it was probably the most disrespectful and rudest I've been spoken to by someone. I had an issue with a repeat prescription, in which she didn't fully listen to me and was very dismissive. Almost like she just wanted me off of the phone!! I have come off the phone almost in tears, she is meant to be helping, GP Surgery's are meant to be a service to the public and I felt like a burden. She did not resolve my query either. I will be changing surgeries as soon as I can. You also cannot make a formal complaint on their website which I believe is wrong.

{{category}} working at Balmoral Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Balmoral Surgery: http://iwgc.net/eb8u6