Mr Simon Dodds

Consultant General and Vascular Surgeon. Specialises in daycase surgery. Clinical Director for Outpatient Directorate

27th October 2016
Written by a patient at Good Hope Hospital

I was suffering with a moderate sized incisional hernia following a hysterectomy two years previously. I was seen by Mr Dodds four weeks after my GP referred me. He recommended surgery, explained everything and gave me a date to come for Day Case surgery only a month further on. I had my pre-op immediately after I had seen him - so no need for return visit. I arrived on the day of surgery at 10.00am - staggered admission times meaning no waiting around - I went to theatre at 11.15 - I was most impressed with the kind and polite care I was shown by Mr Dodds and his team - the anaesthetists were amazing - so thoughtful and gentle. By 1.30 pm I was enjoying tea and toast - feeling very well and with no pain whatsoever. I went home at 3.30 pm feeling very happy ! After a couple of weeks of being careful I returned to all normal activities. I can add that all this was at the beginning ofJuly this year - and in early October I enjoyed a holiday abroad and wore my bikini with pride ! The scar is now minimal - I am so very pleased ! Many thanks !!

26th July 2014
Written by a patient at Good Hope Hospital

I wanted simple advice about managing my hernia, as wearing belts I was living a normal life, playing tennis, jogging, gardening, etc., and was not thinking of an operation - yet. Mr Dodds answered my questions, listened, and only suggested that I should have the operation now, when I had reached the end of my thinking and he could see I needed a steer. The suggestion was made gently - I felt under no pressure whatsoever. At age 72, I saw the sense in what he said. RIGHT CHOICE! Day surgery, back home on the afternoon and at work in my study. The following evening out dancing. No pain, healing quickly. Thank you Mr Dodds .

Short link to review Mr Simon Dodds: http://iwgc.net/e6b4