mr-rob-bethune

Written by a patient at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
2nd February 2020

In December 2019 Mr Berthune operated on my inguinal hernia, under local anaesthetic, and did an excellent job - the operation was a success.. It was a pleasure dealing with him

15th January 2020

I recently had a double hernia operation and found Mr Bethune to be a confident and approachable surgeon who explained the whole procedure to me and put me totally at ease. I was treated using the laparoscopic technique and i was fully mobile and pain free within hours.

Written by a patient at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
13th January 2020

Rob is an attentive, pleasant professional with an excellent bedside manner and caring outlook. My surgery was carefully planned, prepared, delivered and the follow up most satisfactory. I always felt a part of the process and informed about each step.

11th December 2019

Mr. Bethune listened and responded thoughtfully. Care before and after the colonoscopy procedure was of a high standard with empathy for how I was feeling. Thoughtfulness was required as I needed to stay overnight which was not expected. I appreciated the continuous monitoring I received whilst in the Nuffield Exeter. My apologies for a very delayed review of a procedure late August 2019 but the good news is that the colonoscopy has to date given me improved colon health which is a huge plus after having suffered chronic IBS for 30 years and cleared away a concern of any internal problem in the colon. Therefore I am feeling noticeably more comfortable and positively able to enjoy far better health. Written 11/12/19.

29th September 2019

I had a Hernia operation in August with Mr Rob Bethune as my surgeon. When I arrived for my initial consultation and met Mr Bethune for the first time I immediately felt at ease. He is very professional and has a calm friendly manner which makes him very easy to talk to. He listened carefully as I explained the level of discomfort I was in and then ran through my options regarding surgery explaining clearly the pros and cons involved and answered the questions I had which helped me make my decision. A few weeks later I arrived for my operation. Mr Bethune came to see me beforehand and discussed the timetable for my op and also my discharge from hospital. My post op recovery was quick with not too much pain after the first five days. I had a follow up appointment a month later at which Mr Bethune checked that everything was healing ok. I think anyone who may require the services in which he specialises in will be very pleased with the way they are treated and looked after by Mr Bethune and his team.

Rob is a Consultant Colo-Rectal Surgeon at the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust and also sees patients privately at Exeter Nuffield - contact sophie.punter@nuffieldhealth.com 01392 262183

Short link to review Mr Rob Bethune: http://iwgc.net/e6kn