Mr Rob Bethune

Rob is a Consultant Colo-Rectal Surgeon at the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust and also sees patients privately at Exeter Nuffield - contact sophie.punter@nuffieldhealth.com 01392 262183

« 1 2 3 4 »

26th June 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital

I had a double hernia procedure carried out by Mr Bethane at the Nuffield Exeter in May of 2019. Although my inguinal hernia was only showing on my right groin, after discussions with Mr Bethune, I opted for key hole surgery as this would allow him to examine my left side during the operation. As a result Mr Bethane confirmed that my left side was indeed also showing signs of damage so fortunately he was able to repair both at the same time. Although the key hole operation is considered to have a slightly higher risk attached to it I am pleased to say that my procedure was carried out successfully and I am completely back to normal after only 4 weeks and just come back from having walked Offa's Dyke pain free ! As a consequence of my experience I can thoroughly recommend Mr. Bethane for this type of procedure. His detailed explanation of the various options during our initial consultation allowed me to make what I now consider was the best option.

14th June 2019
Written by a patient at The Exeter Nuffield Hospital

I was very nervous seeking advice and treatment for my condition and Rob instantly put me at ease. He is professional, courteous with a very easy to speak to nature, he is clearly very experienced and this combination made me feel confident I was with someone that would be able to help. My treatment went very well, and I am now fixed! It was undoubtedly one of the best visits I've had to hospital with an outcome I am happy with. Thank you to Rob and Team!

12th April 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital

I saw Mr Bethune for complications after a panproctocolectomy. I had difficulty with wound healing and infections. I had been treated for months without resolution and he finally resolved my issues while being very astute and compassionate. He was exceptional in how he adjusted how he communicated with me in order to better understand me due to my background of having UC compared to the standard patient and hence a different perception of my health (which generally leads to my symptoms being underestimated).

23rd November 2018
Written by a patient at The Exeter Nuffield Hospital

From the moment of the first consultation, through the procedure and onto the after-care Mr Bethune was approachable, efficient and caring. During the procedure he had a very friendly, efficient team assisting him and the operation went very well - from the patient's perspective - with minimal pain and side effects afterwards. The follow-up appointment saw me checked over and Mr Bethune told me that all was well and he wanted to know how I felt during the recovery period and if there were any problems at all. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr. Bethune to anyone to is facing an operation.

14th October 2018
Written by a patient at The Exeter Nuffield Hospital

I liked his calm and deliberate manner. At the initial consultation he set out the possible options for my procedure clearly, carefully identifying advantages and disadvantages. Considering my existing health problems, he helped me to come to my own decision and then upheld this decision in a follow-up letter. On the day of the operation he was warm, friendly and professional, putting me completely at ease before the procedure. During the operation everything went very smoothly and he even played my favourite jazz music! There were no problems during the recovery period, which proceeded at a normal pace. At the consultation a month later, he was again, very warm and professional. He examined his handiwork and we were both very pleased with a most satisfactory outcome. The scar is neat and along a natural fold line. My initial fears concerning the inguinal hernia repair were completely dispelled by his capable skills and professional manner.

« 1 2 3 4 »