mr-rob-bethune

Written by a private patient at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
12th June 2021

It was mid February when I noticed a bulge in my abdomen, it was causing increasing discomfort and hampering my daily activities - I called Mr Bethune's Office, spoke to his very efficient PA, and a consultation was arranged with Consultant Surgeon Rob Bethune. Attended a fortnight later - he diagnosed an Inguinal Hernia left side, recommended a Bilateral Laparoscopic procedure to repair it thereby allowing access to my right side for examination, and surgery if necessary. He was most understanding, approachable and his professional manner allayed any fears in connection with the forthcoming surgery. Had the operation on 24th April at Nuffield Hospital Exeter, arrived that morning and was back home that afternoon. Rob Bethune repaired the left side hernia and also one on the right that was identified during the process He made time to brief me both before, and debrief after surgery explaining the best path to recovery which along with notes and advice from the Physio have been a great help. Had my follow up consultation with Rob Bethune a couple of weeks ago and all is going well. My thanks to him his medical team - a first class service, and all at Nuffield Exeter who looked after me in these extraordinary times where I felt safe and comfortable at all times. Everyone was most courteous, friendly and efficient am very grateful to you all. Thank you.

Written by a private patient at The Exeter Nuffield Hospital
6th March 2021

Rob Bethune diagnosed a right-side inguinal hernia during my initial consultation in Dec '20. We agreed that laparoscopic surgical repair was most appropriate for me as I was keen to minimise my recovery time, plus it would be feasible to check my left-side through the same keyhole incisions & make a corresponding repair if necessary. In the event Rob carried out a bilateral inguinal hernia repair (both sides) on me when I was admitted to the Nuffield Hospital in Exeter in Jan '21. I was admitted at about 1:00pm & discharged on the same day at around 8:30pm. I was able to walk from the hospital unaided to meet my lift home. I suffered very little bruising / pain from the procedure & only needed pain relief (paracetamol) during my first night at home. All stages of my treatment & stay at the Nuffield were excellent & I cannot fault the great care I received from the nursing staff who were working under challenging conditions because of Covid-19. Rob himself was very professional at all times & made sure, both during my initial consultation & on the day of my operation, that I was fully aware of what was happening to me, any risks involved & my recovery process. He is clearly a highly capable surgeon with a calm, friendly manner. I have recently had my post-op consultation with Rob (after 5 weeks|) & he has signed me off as being able to return to normal activity. The small incisions on either side of my abdomen & in my belly-button have healed up well & I experienced no real discomfort throughout. I can sincerely say that I am very happy with the whole experience.

Written by a private patient at The Exeter Nuffield Hospital
3rd March 2021

I had a first class experience having my hernia repair carried out by Mr Rob Bethune, at The Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital 23 January 2021. The whole event took place on the day , I went home late afternoon. At my first consultation I was informed had the the operation would would take place. On the day Mr Bethume explained how the day would proceed, after the operation he told me that all had gone well and gave me advice about my recovery, he also gave me full written going home details. I had a full chech up consultation four week later. The Nuffield Exeter, observed the national guide lines set out by the government Covid Rule . I felt safe at all times during my visits and fully informed as what would happen next.

Written by a patient at The Exeter Nuffield Hospital
10th January 2021

An excellent service experience all round. Consultation, treatment and follow all an exceptionally high standard. In a period which is difficult for the health service because of Covid-19, the surgery, hospital and doctor ensured my treatment was stress free, efficient and effective. Highly recommended. Thanks.

Written by a patient at The Exeter Nuffield Hospital
8th January 2021

Rob has just successfully operated for me on a paraumbilical hernia. The whole experience at the Nuffield was easy and well organised despite Covid 19 restrictions. Nothing seemed too much trouble and I congratulate and thank the whole team involved in my care. Thoughout the process the procedure was explained to me in clear and simple terms an Rob's personal contact and oversight of the whole experience and its aftercare could not be faulted.

Rob is a Consultant Colo-Rectal Surgeon at the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust and also sees patients privately at Exeter Nuffield - contact sophie.punter@nuffieldhealth.com 01392 262183

Short link to review Mr Rob Bethune: http://iwgc.net/e6kn