Mr Rob Bethune

Rob is a Consultant Colo-Rectal Surgeon at the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust and also sees patients privately at Exeter Nuffield - contact sophie.punter@nuffieldhealth.com 01392 262183

« 1 2 3 4 »

23rd November 2018
Written by a patient at The Exeter Nuffield Hospital

From the moment of the first consultation, through the procedure and onto the after-care Mr Bethune was approachable, efficient and caring. During the procedure he had a very friendly, efficient team assisting him and the operation went very well - from the patient's perspective - with minimal pain and side effects afterwards. The follow-up appointment saw me checked over and Mr Bethune told me that all was well and he wanted to know how I felt during the recovery period and if there were any problems at all. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr. Bethune to anyone to is facing an operation.

14th October 2018
Written by a patient at The Exeter Nuffield Hospital

I liked his calm and deliberate manner. At the initial consultation he set out the possible options for my procedure clearly, carefully identifying advantages and disadvantages. Considering my existing health problems, he helped me to come to my own decision and then upheld this decision in a follow-up letter. On the day of the operation he was warm, friendly and professional, putting me completely at ease before the procedure. During the operation everything went very smoothly and he even played my favourite jazz music! There were no problems during the recovery period, which proceeded at a normal pace. At the consultation a month later, he was again, very warm and professional. He examined his handiwork and we were both very pleased with a most satisfactory outcome. The scar is neat and along a natural fold line. My initial fears concerning the inguinal hernia repair were completely dispelled by his capable skills and professional manner.

4th October 2018
Written by a patient at The Exeter Nuffield Hospital

it was a totally calming experience with no worries at all this was due to the care before and after the operation, all the staff involved produced a very high standard of professionalism.

28th September 2018
Written by a patient at The Exeter Nuffield Hospital

I had a hernia. Mr. Bethune operated, and now it's better. I had no post-operative complications. And he seems like a nice chap.

6th September 2018
Written by a patient at The Exeter Nuffield Hospital

I was seen very promptly by Mr.Bethune after developing three Inguinal Hernias. At the initial consultation his very calm, professional manner ensured that I fully understood every aspect of the Laparoscopic technique........ he explained this in easily understandable terms, and the few concerns that I had about the operation Mr.Bethune very quickly allayed my fears. Mr. Bethune is a very caring Consultant. He instilled great confidence and reassurance, and his medical experience and dexterity ensured that as a result the operation was a great success. I had no problems at any time before, during or after the operation and would not hesitate to recommend Mr. Bethune for a Laparoscopic Hernia operation.

« 1 2 3 4 »