Add your review of Mr Nick Laundy

Countess of Chester Hospital
Emergency Medicine

I confirm that I have read and that I accept your Terms and Conditions and agree to my personal data being used in accordance with your Privacy Policy.

Mr Nick Laundy

Consultant and lead clinician in the Emergency Department of the Countess of Chester Hospital. Working entirely for the NHS in the Emergency Department of a busy district general hospital (of which I am fiercely proud!) Clinical work consists of: Medical Team Leader - along with the nursing team leader, ensuring overall command and control of the department. Deploying resources, optimising the flow of patients and directly overseeing the team of doctors working in majors and resus. Rapid Assessment - With a team of nurses and clinical support workers assessing each patient that is streamed to majors on arrival - ensuring early consultant input into their care. Ward round - Reviewing up to 22 patients on our Emergency Assessment Unit, often in conjunction with a multidisciplinary team of nurses, physio's, pharmacists and OT's. Minors - Working alongside our Emergency Nurse Practitioners giving care to those with minor injuries. Resus team leader - running a team of doctors and nurses looking after our sickest patients I am a firm believer that great medical care starts with understanding and compassion. A busy emergency department is a challenging environment to work in, particularly when demand outstrips immediately available resources. However I appreciate this is nothing compared to the stresses felt by our patients - very few people wake up and have going to the ED on the top of their to do list for the day!! I welcome all constructive feedback - both personal and departmental.

• Emergency Medicine