Mr Matthew Newton Ede

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

30th November 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Orthopaedic Hospital

I was a patient of Mr Matthew Newton Ede. I wrote a review for him back in 2014. Unfortunately the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital discharged me over a year ago. I am devastated, because I was completely reassured that Mr Newton Ede would look after my care for life, or for the time he was working for the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital. This gave me the courage to have a revision Skip lamectomy , which was one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever made, and the biggest mistake I have made. I had the comfort of then thinking Mr Newton Ede would carry on with my care and any help I needed there after. This was not to be, and I am struggling beyond believe with pain , and loss of mobility. I am left with no consultant now , my GP says she can’t help me with anything to do with my spinal and neck health conditions. I feel totally let down , very upset , alone with my pain and worries of the future. I am now waiting to see a private consultant surgeon, I understand if he can’t help me , but I need to know what is now happening to me because I have deteriorated badly. I have had no further MRI scans or tests to check what might show up now , and I’m frightened of the unknown. I like everyone needs to know what lies ahead for my future mobility, to make plans for my future care and help. Again I am so upset with the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital for discharging me while I’m so very ill.

26th November 2014

I have had two surgical operations on my spine , and neck. I can't praise Mr Newton Ede enough. His care , Understanding , and surgical opperations that I needed so badly , helped me beyond believe . I would, and have trusted him with my life. If I needed more medical help or surgery I would only feel safe, and comfortable in Mr Newton Ede's magical , presiouse hands. His bed side manner is second to none. Mr Newton Ede , takes time explaining everything you need to know. He puts one at total ease. He never tires or looses patience when you ask endless questions , or if you have concerns or worrys. I would highly recommend anyone who needs his help to try and see him. I would trust my children , grandchildren , all my loved ones to be in his safe hands. His after care is first class, he goes the extra miles by far. He will badger other doctors , or consultants if you should also need other help to ensure that your whole medical welfare is not over looked. I would now be in a wheel chair with very little mobility without Mr Newton Ede . Now I have very good mobility and can care for myself. I have my life back. Kind regards Imogen Roff.

Short link to review Mr Matthew Newton Ede: http://iwgc.net/egmyy