royal-orthopaedic-hospital

Bristol Road South, Northfield, Birmingham, England, B31 2AP

1 2 3 4 5 62,712 reviews

Review of Ward 2,
23rd July 2021

Ever since I walked through the door with my hip problem every person has been absolutely incredible. From the Sergion to the chap in the car Park The attitude is all the same. You are the reason they come to work and your health is always the number one priority. It would be unfair to single out individual as they are all totally amazing . However I feel that I must mention a young sister called Yasmin. Not only was she incredibly good at her job she has an outstanding attitude to the care of the patient. Allowing no one or anything effect the recovery of the patient It was a privilege to have been treated in this outstanding hospital and it's staff. No one truly wants to be in hospital but I cannot think of a better place or person to have in your life at your time of need. I totally recommend every department and would actually look forward to being treated again in the future.. Thank You Thank you Thank you all so very very much . I'm forever in your debt x x x Alan Drew

Long handled toilet brushes Apart from that absolutely nothing Oops Air Conditioning for your excellent staff

Written by a NHS patient
18th July 2021

Great staff, friend and felt looked after

Safe
Written by a NHS patient
9th July 2021

i found the staff to be friendly and proffesional in all my dealings

Safe
Review of Ward 1,
27th June 2021

I was treated as if I was the only one in the ward, and so was everyone else. The care and attention was incredible, which I hope is a complement to the leadership of the senior staff. Thank you is never enough! Due to the number of people involved, a "box of Chocolates" is not appropriate, so, we have decided to contribute on their behalf to any Hospital fund you have available which we hope they approve?

Serve a Gin and Tonic????????

Review of Ward 3 ,
7th June 2021

Every single member of the team on Ward 3 were absolutely exemplary with their care & compassion during my time in the hospital! This was both Top down & Bottom up! Housekeeping, Care Assistants, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Trainee Nurses, Nurses, Doctors, Consultants all exceptional!

Time to respond to patient call buzzer could be slightly improved during busy periods!

Review of Ward 1,
6th June 2021

Very few Hospitals achieve their stated aims of high standards, patient first, dignity, respect... but ROH absolutely does.After a two week admission on ward 12, I was re-admitted to ward 1. Another excellent team where everyone is valued and as important as the next. The bar is set very high and whilst most comfortably reach these standards, a couple exceed them. Simi and Manjit; thank you both for your absolute dedication and care. Above and beyond.

As on ward 12, the night shift can be a week link due to reliance on Bank and temporary staff. Low numbers putting pressure on regular staff. Consequently standards slip, mistakes made, noise excessive. A first class hospital (and this is) must be first class for 24 hours a day, not just 12.

6th June 2021

I have been a patient of ROH since July 2017, recently spending 2 weeks on Ward 12. The entire team on this ward are truly fantastic. There is absolutely a culture of ‘patient first’. Everyone from portering staff to housekeeping introduces themselves and are friendly, happy to be at work; a more functional team I have never witnessed. Thank you all.

The only area that can be improved is the bank staff used at night. Unfortunately some of these let the high standards down both in terms of nursing care ( politeness/friendliness) and ability ( IV protocols).

Experience
Review of Admissions and day case unit,
1st June 2021

I was treated with great care and respect right from the time I walked in for a day surgery on 25May21 at the ADCU admissions unit, ROH (Selly Oak, Birmingham) to the time I was escorted to the car after a successful left bicep distal surgery on the same day. I would like to thank and appreciate the surgeon - Dr. Samuel Chan and the nurses and support staff - Marie Whitehouse, Pauline Jimu, Tina Lane, Jacqui Roberts and Yaz Taktam. All of them are awesome human beings and amazing professionals. They made me feel at home and all my stress and concern was gone. I wish them all the best in their careers :) Kind regards, Vijay

Nothing to add, ROH staff rocks, please keep up the good work.

24th May 2021

Excellent all round

Left without any information about what was happening for a long time after procedure

24th May 2021

All the clinical staff on Ward 12/and the porters involved in my care were excellent and couldn’t do enough to make my stay at ROH as comfortable as possible. I would highly recommend the exceptional care I received. Thank you.

N/A

Experience

{{category}} working at Royal Orthopaedic Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal Orthopaedic Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4vf