Mr Jeremy Hawe

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

28th January 2014
Written by a patient at Countess of Chester Hospital

I just thought I would take the time to write this review and how thankful I am to have undergone an operation that I was so fearful about. Mr Jeremy Hawe recently carried out a D and C operation to get rid of any pregnancy tissue due due to my recent miscarriage. I previously underwent two medical management courses which were horrendous and so painful that I thought I would die from the pain. I presumed surgery would be the worst option how wrong I was. Mr Hawe and his team put me at ease and were so lovely. I had pain initially but received pain relief intravenously which worked a treat. I didn't have hardly any bleeding afterwards and feel right as rain the day after. The medical management was completely the wrong option for me. The anesthetist was also very professional, as well as the theatre nurses who stroked my hand prior to surgery which put me at ease immediately. I can't thank the whole team enough and all the nurses and health care assistants on ward 53. They were really lovely. The only thing I would like to add is that I do think the first two days of medical management should be carried out in a hospital. The pain was unlike pain I had ever had before and I really thought I would die from the pain. Over the counter pain relief does not stem the pain and I feel a hospital environment is needed for the first two days at least as I was getting painful contractions every five minutes for the first five hours.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists