Mr B Roy Chaudhary

Mr Chaudhary is currently a full time substantive consultant in the Oxford Spinal Unit at the John Radcliffe Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre. His clinic work covers the spectrum of adult spinal pathology including intradural conditions with specific research interest in cervical spine surgery including myelopathy and spinal cord injury, minimally invasive (keyhole) spine surgery and day case surgery. During his 21 years of medical training, Mr Chaudhary was affiliated with and trained in many of the top universities including Oxford University, Cambridge University, Imperial College and University of Toronto. His Neurosurgical Spinal Registrar/Residency programme was undertaken at Addenbrookes Hospital (Cambridge University Hospital NHS FoundationTrust) where he was also the Chief Resident for Neurosciences. Prior to his consultant appointment, he undertook a complex combined Neurosurgical and Orthopaedic Spinal Fellowship with Professor M. Fehlings, Dr S. Lewis and Dr R. Rampersaud in a AOSpine North American accredited programme at the Toronto Western Hospital, Canada. Mr Chaudhary has now sub-specialised purely in the treatment of spinal conditions including disc prolapse, spinal stenosis, cervical myelopathy, spinal cord tumours with minimally invasive (keyhole) techniques for decompression, discectomy, spinal fusion etc. This follows his many years of research, training and peer-reviewed international presentations and publications focused on spinal surgery. Additional research and educational interests include the application of technology in Surgery and Medical Education. He has completed his Masters in Surgical Technology at Imperial College, London. Mr Chaudhary has won national prizes as well as a number of prestigious awards, gold medals and fellowships including the Harry Morton Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons of England and the British Association of Spine Surgeons President's Fellowship Award. Awards and prizes •BASS/BSS Presidents Fellowship award - 2015 •Royal College of Surgeons of England Harry Morton Research Fellowship award - 2014 •Codman Neurosurgical Travelling Fellowship - 2014 •UK HCA Foundation International Travelling Fellowship award - 2013 •EOE Deanery bursary awarded for the study of Masters in Medical Education - 2012 •EOE Deanery bursary awarded for PG Certificate in Medical Education - 2011 •1st Prize, Presentation (poster), Society of British NeuroSurgeons - Nottingham, 2008 •Pfizer Medallion in Medicine and Scroll of Honour - MBBS •Vijay Narayan Singh Memorial Gold Medal award, 1st place overall - MBBS •Krishna Kant Singh Gold Medal, 1st place in final year - MBBS Contact details Tel: +442031290934 email: private.secretary@spinesirgery.com Twitter: @spinalsirgery

• Neurosurgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

8th February 2017
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

For the last two years I have suffered from constant pain across my lower back, buttocks and down the right leg. Having been informed by the Spine Clinic at Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre that my pain count did not warrant an operation, I referred myself to Mr B Roy Chaudhary for a second opinion. He diagnosed stenosis in the lumbar region which was confirmed by MRI scan as severe at L4/L5. He recommended keyhole surgery and stated clearly that this would either reduce the pain or remove it but it would not affect the limp that had developed in my right leg over a long period. I opted for the surgery. Mr Chaudhary and his team performed an excellent operation which has removed the pain allowing me to proceed with previously impossible physical exercises to tackle the limp. Mr Chaudhary is a very pleasant, excellent surgeon and I would recommend him wholeheartedly to anyone with back and leg pain. His team also deserve a mention as being personable and very efficient.

Written by a patient at Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre

I was admitted to the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in September 2016 for a discectomy under the care of Mr Chaudhary. Prior to the surgery I was experiencing excruciating pain on a daily basis, post surgery I am now pain free. I could not have hoped for a better result. I am extremely grateful for the excellent care that I received. Having never undergone surgery before it was important to me to feel at ease and confident with the person that would operate. After our initial consultation I had every confidence in Mr Chaudhary and the care I would receive. An excellent surgeon whom I would highly recommend.

Written by a patient at Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre

I had keyhole surgery L5/S1 lumbar discectomy & left S1 nerve root decompression under the care of Mr Chaudhary. I received excellent care from him and his team. He explained fully the procedure to me beforehand, reassured me on my concerns and instilled me with great confidence in him. I'm very glad he was my surgeon and thoroughly recommend him.

Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe

Excellent care and clear communications left me in no doubts before, during and now after my surgery. Mr Chaudhary instilled me with complete confidence in himself and his team and I can think of no other I'd rather have had look after me.

31st January 2017
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

I had severe lower back and leg pain and from the outset Roy Chaudhary took time to explain all the possible procedures to deal with the problem. With the information provided he made a fast and clear diagnosis making it easy for me to understand and make decisions upon. Within two weeks I was admitted and had key hole surgery and literally from not being able to move without pain to within 3-4 hours of having had the procedure was able to get up and walk with no pain. The aftercare was brilliant with Roy and his team remaining very attentaive while in hospital over night. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Roy Chaudhary based on my experience, he's personable, highly skilled and made sure through all stages of the process I was keep informed and comfortable.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »