Mr B Roy Chaudhary

Mr Chaudhary is a Neurosurgeon now specialised purely in the treatment of spinal conditions. Having spent 23 years in medicine across 3 continents, he is currently a full time consultant in the Oxford Spinal Unit at the John Radcliffe Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford (UK). His clinic work covers the spectrum of adult spinal pathology including intradural conditions with specific research interest in cervical spine surgery including myelopathy and spinal cord injury, keyhole minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS) and day case surgery. During his 21 years of medical training, Mr Chaudhary was affiliated with and trained in many of the top universities including Oxford University, Cambridge University, Imperial College and University of Toronto. Prior to his consultant appointment, he undertook one of AO North America's most competitive combined Neurosurgical and Orthopaedic complex Spinal Fellowships in Toronto with some of the most world renowned spinal surgeons in the world as well as some of the world's pioneers of keyhole spine surgery (Professor M. Fehlings, Dr S. Lewis and Dr R. Rampersaud) at the Toronto Western Hospital, Canada. His Neurosurgical Spinal Registrar/Residency programme was undertaken at Addenbrookes Hospital (Cambridge University Hospital NHS FoundationTrust) where he was also the Chief Resident for Neurosciences. Mr Chaudhary treats spinal conditions including disc prolapse (lumbar & cervical), spinal stenosis, cervical myelopathy, spinal cord tumours with minimally invasive (keyhole) techniques for decompression, discectomy, spinal fusion etc. This follows his many years of research, training and peer-reviewed international presentations and publications focused on spinal surgery. Additional research and educational interests include the application of technology in Surgery and Medical Education. He has completed his Masters in Surgical Technology at Imperial College, London. Mr Chaudhary has won national prizes as well as a number of prestigious awards, gold medals and fellowships including the Harry Morton Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons of England and the British Association of Spine Surgeons President's Fellowship Award. Awards and prizes •BASS/BSS Presidents Fellowship award - 2015 •Royal College of Surgeons of England Harry Morton Research Fellowship award - 2014 •Codman Neurosurgical Travelling Fellowship - 2014 •UK HCA Foundation International Travelling Fellowship award - 2013 •EOE Deanery bursary awarded for the study of Masters in Medical Education - 2012 •EOE Deanery bursary awarded for PG Certificate in Medical Education - 2011 •1st Prize, Presentation (poster), Society of British NeuroSurgeons - Nottingham, 2008 •Pfizer Medallion in Medicine and Scroll of Honour - MBBS •VNS Memorial Gold Medal award, 1st place overall - MBBS •KKS Gold Medal, 1st place in final year - MBBS Contact details Tel: +442031290934 email: private.secretary@spinesirgery.com Twitter: @spinalsirgery

• Neurosurgery

23rd May 2017
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

An outstanding doctor and consultation. He listened carefully and gave me some reassuring and helpful suggestions as to how to take my treatment forward. I would recommend him unreservedly.

16th May 2017
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

As stated above this is a Doctor One would instinctlivly trust and quite frankly One does not see a better choice coming along for this type of surgery. Quite frankly as good as One could ever hope for.

15th May 2017
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

I have been a keen sportsman all my life and, now aged 72, continue to be a competitive golfer. I saw Mr Chaudhary (Roy) at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre as I had been suffering severe pain in the buttocks and hips for 18 months. He explained in great detail why I was experiencing the pain, what he could do to help, the risks involved and what my expectations should be. He impressed me immediately by his honest and down to earth approach, he didn't pull any punches and I felt that here was a surgeon who I would gladly trust with my life. Roy completed the surgery and visited me at 2100 that evening after a long day operating and a meeting; I couldn't believe that he had found the time to check up on me. Roy is clearly a brilliant surgeon but, more than that, his enthusiasm and dedication to you as an individual is striking and I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking a spinal surgeon. He leads a great team at the NOC.

9th May 2017
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

I recently saw Roy for lower back pain and having had an MRI was shown to have a prolapsed L5 disc. As a fairly fit and actively sporty 54 year old the prior months of sciatica and inability to walk let alone exercise were really tough. Roy fully explained my options both surgical and non surgical and also explained that he carried out the micro discectomy via keyhole surgery. This factor was instrumental in my desision to have the procedure as they recovery time was potentially shorter which meant I would be able to get back to normal as quickly as possible. Roy carried out the procedure after having explained what he was going to do and what I could/ should expect post surgery and in the following months. At every stage Roy was open, informative and gave me complete confidence that he would do his very best for me. Post surgery I was able to walk with a Physio the same afternoon and was already feeling improvements in my leg pain and numbness. I have no hesitation in recommending Roy and also the keyhole surgery for this operation - both not only met, but exceeded my expectations.

3rd May 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre

I was seen at the Nuffield with back and leg pain. At every point of my treatment I received excellent care. Mr Chaudhary was the surgeon I saw and he took time to explain everything in detail and put my mind at rest regarding my procedure. My surgery was carried out swiftly and I am currently recovering well at home. Mr Chaudhary has excellent communication skills and it is clear he works hard to give his patients the best experience and outcome he can. If you are able to choose your surgeon I would highly recommend Mr Chaudhary. I feel very lucky to have received his care on the National Health! Nicky G

Nearest Neurosurgeons