mr-b-roy-chaudhary

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

4th August 2020

Mr Chaudhary is an excellent surgeon who is supported by a superb team. He operated on my herniated L4/L5 disc, having managed the injury since November last year. He is accessible, a very good communicator, caring, and clinically excellent. He explained the options available to me and did not rush to operate until I was comfortable with the decision. His secretary, Mandy, has been fantastic - she always returns telephone calls and answers emails. When my injury worsened, she organised my stay at the Manor Hospital and the procedure without delay. She provided me with the necessary information to ensure everything went smoothly. I cannot thank Mr Chaudhary and his team enough for everything that they have done for me.

23rd July 2020

I met Mr Chaudhary the first time on a video call then at The Manor. He was exceedingly polite and took the time on both occasions to listen to me then to explain and discuss my MRI scans with me. Mr Chaudhary was reassuring and explained why he felt that surgery was not needed. He recommended seeing a good osteopath to help me build muscle structure to support my spine. I was very impressed with his care and attention. He dictated a letter to my GP and then asked me if I concurred that it was an accurate summary of our discussion. He also added that he would be happy to see me again if my condition worsened. I would have no hesitation in recommending him to others, his attention to detail and care for any concerns I had was exemplary. Many thanks.

Written by a patient at Oxford Community Hospital
24th June 2020

Great all round support and guidance once i was referred to the Churchill.

22nd June 2020

Mr Chaudhary was very professional throughout my treatment, he kept me infomed at all stages of my illness. There was little pain (which was treated with a strong painkiller) after the operation, and i was able to be discharged the same day. I now have no pain and have regained the lost movement in my arm and hand.

Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe
12th June 2020

Admitted to hospital with an unstable C-spine fracture (C6/7). Was fully informed about possible approaches to repair the injury. Because I was taking blood thinning medication, a frontal approach presented bleeding problems but was considered a better option than an approach from the back. The fracture had remained fairly stable for 5 days before admission so it was decided to delay surgery until the blood thinning medication was out of my system and to use a frontal approach. The procedure, including the pelvic bone graft was fully explained to me. The anesthetics team also fully explained what they would do. The operation was a complete success and the nerve pain in my right shoulder and arm was gone. I was given a full explanation of what was done and what I needed to do post operation to protect both my neck and my pelvis.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Mr B Roy Chaudhary was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

• Neurosurgery

Mr Chaudhary is one of the highest rated Neurosurgical Spinal Consultants in the UK*. He is a private Neurosurgeon/Spine Surgeon in Oxford having received gold medals, multiple scholarships and awards* for his research and patient feedback** on spinal and neurosurgical conditions. He is also a NHS consultant at Oxford University Hospitals having trained at Imperial College, London (M.Sc Surgical Technology), University of Toronto (International Spinal Fellowship) and Cambridge, UK (NTN/Residency). Now in his 24th year in medicine, his clinical work exclusively covers adult spinal pathology. He is highly specialised in minimally invasive (keyhole) spine surgery / daycase spinal operations like lumbar discectomy and spinal stenosis decompression and complex cervical (neck) spinal fusions. During his medical training, Mr Chaudhary was affiliated with and trained in many of the top universities including Oxford University, Cambridge University, Imperial College and University of Toronto. Prior to his consultant appointment, he undertook one of AO North America's most competitive combined Neurosurgical and Orthopaedic complex Spinal Fellowships in Toronto with some of the most world renowned spinal surgeons as well as some of the world's pioneers of keyhole spine surgery at the Toronto Western Hospital, Canada. His Neurosurgical Spinal Registrar/Residency programme was undertaken at Addenbrookes Hospital (Cambridge University Hospital NHS Trust) where he was also the Chief Resident for Neurosciences. Mr Chaudhary treats spinal conditions including disc prolapse (lumbar & cervical), spinal stenosis, cervical myelopathy, spinal cord tumours with minimally invasive (keyhole) techniques for decompression, discectomy, spinal fusion etc. This follows his many years of research, training and peer-reviewed international presentations and publications focused on spinal surgery. Additional research and educational interests include the application of technology in Surgery and Medical Education. He has completed his Masters in Surgical Technology at Imperial College, London. Mr Chaudhary has won national prizes as well as a number of prestigious awards, gold medals and fellowships including the Harry Morton Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons of England and the British Association of Spine Surgeons President's Fellowship Award. Awards and prizes •BASS/BSS Presidents Fellowship award - 2015 •Royal College of Surgeons of England Harry Morton Research Fellowship award - 2014 •Codman Neurosurgical Travelling Fellowship - 2014 •UK HCA Foundation International Travelling Fellowship award - 2013 •EOE Deanery bursary awarded for the study of Masters in Medical Education - 2012 •EOE Deanery bursary awarded for PG Certificate in Medical Education - 2011 •1st Prize, Presentation (poster), Society of British NeuroSurgeons - Nottingham, 2008 •Pfizer Medallion in Medicine and Scroll of Honour - MBBS •VNS Memorial Gold Medal award, 1st place overall - MBBS •KKS Gold Medal, 1st place in final year - MBBS Contact details Tel: +442031290934 email: private.secretary@spinesirgery.com Twitter: @spinalsirgery

Nearest Neurosurgeons