Mr B Roy Chaudhary

Mr Chaudhary is a Neurosurgeon now specialised purely in the treatment of spinal conditions. Having spent 23 years in medicine across 3 continents, he is currently a full time consultant in the Oxford Spinal Unit at the John Radcliffe Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford (UK). His clinic work covers the spectrum of adult spinal pathology including intradural conditions with specific research interest in cervical spine surgery including myelopathy and spinal cord injury, keyhole minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS) and day case surgery. During his medical training, Mr Chaudhary was affiliated with and trained in many of the top universities including Oxford University, Cambridge University, Imperial College and University of Toronto. Prior to his consultant appointment, he undertook one of AO North America's most competitive combined Neurosurgical and Orthopaedic complex Spinal Fellowships in Toronto with some of the most world renowned spinal surgeons in the world as well as some of the world's pioneers of keyhole spine surgery (Professor M. Fehlings, Dr S. Lewis and Dr R. Rampersaud) at the Toronto Western Hospital, Canada. His Neurosurgical Spinal Registrar/Residency programme was undertaken at Addenbrookes Hospital (Cambridge University Hospital NHS FoundationTrust) where he was also the Chief Resident for Neurosciences. Mr Chaudhary treats spinal conditions including disc prolapse (lumbar & cervical), spinal stenosis, cervical myelopathy, spinal cord tumours with minimally invasive (keyhole) techniques for decompression, discectomy, spinal fusion etc. This follows his many years of research, training and peer-reviewed international presentations and publications focused on spinal surgery. Additional research and educational interests include the application of technology in Surgery and Medical Education. He has completed his Masters in Surgical Technology at Imperial College, London. Mr Chaudhary has won national prizes as well as a number of prestigious awards, gold medals and fellowships including the Harry Morton Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons of England and the British Association of Spine Surgeons President's Fellowship Award. Awards and prizes •BASS/BSS Presidents Fellowship award - 2015 •Royal College of Surgeons of England Harry Morton Research Fellowship award - 2014 •Codman Neurosurgical Travelling Fellowship - 2014 •UK HCA Foundation International Travelling Fellowship award - 2013 •EOE Deanery bursary awarded for the study of Masters in Medical Education - 2012 •EOE Deanery bursary awarded for PG Certificate in Medical Education - 2011 •1st Prize, Presentation (poster), Society of British NeuroSurgeons - Nottingham, 2008 •Pfizer Medallion in Medicine and Scroll of Honour - MBBS •VNS Memorial Gold Medal award, 1st place overall - MBBS •KKS Gold Medal, 1st place in final year - MBBS Contact details Tel: +442031290934 email: private.secretary@spinesirgery.com Twitter: @spinalsirgery

• Neurosurgery

15th October 2018
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

A remarkable surgeon. I would recommend him unreservedly for both his pre/post care and especially his surgical ability. I have no pain, and my mobility has returned thanks to his skill.

9th October 2018
Written by a carer at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

I have written a review with regards to my husband receiving treatment earlier with Dr Roy. I am happy to share that he is a brilliant doctor. My concerns of writing this review is that as one month has gone by and my husband was fine , suddenly, he suffered a spasm again. His condition is bad and i am unable to get in touch with the doctor as he is a consultant and a very busy person but what does someone like us do now. We went to see our GP and she said she has no answers for us only the doctor who has operated on him can answer his concerns. My husband is unable to cope with such pain and anguish. He is already suffered for over 2 years for the surgery and hoped all would be well after that. Now, he is back again with the pain. The doctor is brilliant no doubt but what are we supposed to do is no one can help us get in touch with him. Please can Dr Roy be kind enough to help us. I am afraid of loosing my husband to depression as his situation is out of the GP's hands. Please can someone get back to me . We desperately need help.

9th October 2018
Response from Mr B Roy Chaudhary

We’re sorry to hear your husband is having back spasms. Please contact D Chaudhary’s private team on +44 20 3129 0934 or his NHS team on +44 1865 737877 so we can get specifics and try and help establish if the problem is related to surgery or something else. The two teams are independent of each other. Unfortunately NHS management doesn’t allow Dr Chaudhary to keep open slots available at short notice but of course there are emergency slots for spinal health professional/doctors and there is a 24/7 on call service which can be accessed via the GP or NHS A&E for emergencies. SpineSirgery Practise Management.

1st October 2018
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

Mr Chaudhary has a great bedside manner. He totally knew what the problem was before he had chance to see the MRI images. He thorough explained my options. I tried the nerve block and whilst it helped I needed to go in and have surgery. The surgery has been like flicking a switch. No more pain. The only area I can criticise is the Admin side. Mr Chaudhary’s normal secretary is on maternity leave. It feels like no one is really taking responsibility for Mr Chaudhary’s patients in her absence. I therefore found it frustrating getting information and dates prior to the surgery.

27th September 2018

very profesional !

10th September 2018
Written by a carer at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

My experience with Dr Roy was for a treatment for my husband. My husband had been suffering from static nerve pain for 2 years. He was referred to Dr Roy in a very bad condition. Dr Roy was the first person who took out time to share his MRI reports and actually explain what was going on. He was very patient with my husband who due to the pain was miserable and very moody. Dr Roy shared all possibilities ad also the negative aspects of the surgery in case we wanted to go down that path. He made us feel confident and also knowing all our options was a big deciding factor. I am so thankful to Dr Roy for giving my husband the chance to decide, go through the surgery and be healthy again. It is a blessing that we met Dr Roy and I wish him all the best and a very special thank you. He said my husband was one of the worst patients and was not sure how the surgery will go but when he came to see me after his surgery, I knew my husband was going to be fine. He gave me an update right after the surgery and was so kind and sympathetic towards me as I was very scared. thank you Dr Roy for taking care of my husband and for making him better again. God bless you.

Nearest Neurosurgeons