Mr Amar Alwitry

I am an experienced and caring Consultant Ophthalmologist working mainly in the NHS. I pride myself on the quality of care I provide my patients. I believe that my patients need a standard of care that I would expect for my own family. I undertake more than 1600 cataract procedures a year and I have been specifically training in Cataract and Refractive Surgery. I have also obtained my Masters in Medical Law and do a lot of work for the NHS Litigation Authority defending doctors who have done their best and giving evidence against doctors who have failed their patients. My professional moto is be kind to your patient.

• Ophthalmology

23rd May 2018
Written by a patient at Circle Nottingham

Mr Alwitry was recommended to me by a good friend, who he had operated on, so I felt reasonably relaxed beforehand. Right from the outset he put me at ease, explaining what would happen etc. I had cataract operations on both eyes and each operation was over in no time. In fact I spent more time, in a cubicle, waiting for the operations. I was able to carry out the aftercare on my own. I now no longer need glasses to improve my vision, over distance or for reading and close work. The difference is amazing as is Mr Alwity!

2nd May 2018
Written by a patient at Circle Nottingham

I lived in a foggy world. My life was restricted and lacking in colour. I couldn't read stories to my young grandchildren. I could only drive on roads which I knew really well. My optician couldn't do anything more to improve my vision. I researched cataract surgery and read about Amar Alwitry. I was nervous but plucked up the courage to make an appointment with him. How glad I am that I did! Amar greeted me with a smile that would have melted an iceberg. Throughout the consultations and the two operations he performed on my eyes, he was kind, funny and caring. He put me at ease, talking me through the whole process. He's an adorable character but, more importantly, he is an expert in his field. I cannot recommend him highly enough. Not only am I now confidently driving anywhere and everywhere without glasses but I can read the smallest print. My eyesight is better than it was in my teens. The world is a bright and vivid place now. Thank you Amar; you are the best of the best.

13th April 2018
Written by a patient at Loughborough Hospital

How fortunate you would be ,if like me ,Mr Alwitry said you were a suitable candidate for Eyemax lens surgery .For me his expertise has completely altered my life ? Now at 85 I can safely drive and so be excited by the world around me .It has been a miracle ,thank you

31st October 2017
Written by a patient at Circle Nottingham

I went to see Mr Alwitry to see if he could help with my severe short sightedness. I am -12 in both eyes and have always relied on glasses and contact lenses. I was finding that the optician could not make me a pair of glasses suitable for driving in and contact lenses were making my eyes dry. Mr Alwitry put me at ease straight away and explained all options clearly. I was free to ask questions and make an informed decision. I had bilateral trifocals implanted just a month ago and the change has truly been amazing. I have just been for a routine eye examination and no longer require glasses or contact lenses. For someone who has needed these all my life it is truly a life changing operation. I cannot thank Mr Alwitry enough and would not hesitate recommending him to my family and friends.

Short link to review Mr Amar Alwitry: http://iwgc.net/epoo