mr-amar-alwitry

Written by a patient at Loughborough Hospital
17th February 2020

I went to see Amar Alwitry for a consultation in Nottingham. I had struggled with long distance vision and the optician had diagnosed cataracts. Mr. Alwitry has a huge charisma and expertise. I had refractive/bilateral lasik in 2003 so besides removing both cataracts, it required enormous skill from Mr. Alwitry in selecting the lens for correcting my acuity of vision. Both procedures were entirely stress free, pain free and I felt that I had the best professional attention from Mr. Alwitry. He listened to my concerns and answered any questions. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Amar’s expertise and services.

I am an experienced and caring Consultant Ophthalmologist working mainly in the NHS. I pride myself on the quality of care I provide my patients. I believe that my patients need a standard of care that I would expect for my own family. I undertake more than 1600 cataract procedures a year and I have been specifically training in Cataract and Refractive Surgery. I have also obtained my Masters in Medical Law and do a lot of work for the NHS Litigation Authority defending doctors who have done their best and giving evidence against doctors who have failed their patients. My professional moto is be kind to your patient.

Short link to review Mr Amar Alwitry: http://iwgc.net/epoo