Mr Amar Alwitry

I am an experienced and caring Consultant Ophthalmologist working mainly in the NHS. I pride myself on the quality of care I provide my patients. I believe that my patients need a standard of care that I would expect for my own family. I undertake more than 1600 cataract procedures a year and I have been specifically training in Cataract and Refractive Surgery. I have also obtained my Masters in Medical Law and do a lot of work for the NHS Litigation Authority defending doctors who have done their best and giving evidence against doctors who have failed their patients. My professional moto is be kind to your patient.

• Ophthalmology

Written by a patient at Spire Nottingham Hospital
23rd August 2019

Amazing results after being myopic all my life - cataract surgery by Amar Alwitry has truly changed the way I see life! Able to drive without specs for the first time ever and everything is so so clear! I do need specs for reading and close work now but to have excellent long vision is wonderful! I can wear lovely sun specs too after years of ugly prescription ones. He inspires such confidence and has a wonderful bedside manner which is so reassuring when facing such delicate surgery. He is special. Thank you for my great care.

Written by a patient at Circle Nottingham
18th July 2019

Mr Alwitry was recommended to me by my optician. He performed 2 cataract operations for me. Both were very successful. I was terrified when I went for the first operation and anxious afterwards. Mr Alwitry listened to my fears and reassured me throughout the process. Like someone else said on the days of the operations I spent more time in pre-op than in surgery. The care I received at the Circle was outstanding. The day after the first operation when I took the bandage off I nearly cried. I could see every leaf on every tree and every brick in every building. I can’t ever remember being able to see so well in my entire life. Going out now is so much fun because at 68 I am no longer a girl that wears glasses. Although I do need glasses for reading and close work.

Written by a patient at Circle Nottingham
28th November 2018

Hi went to Amar for help over a prior operation I had with another surgeon which I was unhappy with He was very sincere to my upset over this and recommended a completely different option which I had never heard of before called plasmage and I was over the moon with the end result I highly recommend Amar alwitry not only for his great work but also for being very caring and sincere

Short link to review Mr Amar Alwitry: http://iwgc.net/epoo