Mr Amar Alwitry

I am an experienced and caring Consultant Ophthalmologist working mainly in the NHS. I pride myself on the quality of care I provide my patients. I believe that my patients need a standard of care that I would expect for my own family. I undertake more than 1600 cataract procedures a year and I have been specifically training in Cataract and Refractive Surgery. I have also obtained my Masters in Medical Law and do a lot of work for the NHS Litigation Authority defending doctors who have done their best and giving evidence against doctors who have failed their patients. My professional moto is be kind to your patient.

• Ophthalmology

31st October 2017
Written by a patient at Circle Nottingham

I went to see Mr Alwitry to see if he could help with my severe short sightedness. I am -12 in both eyes and have always relied on glasses and contact lenses. I was finding that the optician could not make me a pair of glasses suitable for driving in and contact lenses were making my eyes dry. Mr Alwitry put me at ease straight away and explained all options clearly. I was free to ask questions and make an informed decision. I had bilateral trifocals implanted just a month ago and the change has truly been amazing. I have just been for a routine eye examination and no longer require glasses or contact lenses. For someone who has needed these all my life it is truly a life changing operation. I cannot thank Mr Alwitry enough and would not hesitate recommending him to my family and friends.

Short link to review Mr Amar Alwitry: http://iwgc.net/epoo