Mr Amar Alwitry

I am an experienced and caring Consultant Ophthalmologist working mainly in the NHS. I pride myself on the quality of care I provide my patients. I believe that my patients need a standard of care that I would expect for my own family. I undertake more than 1600 cataract procedures a year and I have been specifically training in Cataract and Refractive Surgery. I have also obtained my Masters in Medical Law and do a lot of work for the NHS Litigation Authority defending doctors who have done their best and giving evidence against doctors who have failed their patients. My professional moto is be kind to your patient.

• Ophthalmology

18th July 2019
Written by a patient at Circle Nottingham

Mr Alwitry was recommended to me by my optician. He performed 2 cataract operations for me. Both were very successful. I was terrified when I went for the first operation and anxious afterwards. Mr Alwitry listened to my fears and reassured me throughout the process. Like someone else said on the days of the operations I spent more time in pre-op than in surgery. The care I received at the Circle was outstanding. The day after the first operation when I took the bandage off I nearly cried. I could see every leaf on every tree and every brick in every building. I can’t ever remember being able to see so well in my entire life. Going out now is so much fun because at 68 I am no longer a girl that wears glasses. Although I do need glasses for reading and close work.

28th November 2018
Written by a patient at Circle Nottingham

Hi went to Amar for help over a prior operation I had with another surgeon which I was unhappy with He was very sincere to my upset over this and recommended a completely different option which I had never heard of before called plasmage and I was over the moon with the end result I highly recommend Amar alwitry not only for his great work but also for being very caring and sincere

23rd May 2018
Written by a patient at Circle Nottingham

Mr Alwitry was recommended to me by a good friend, who he had operated on, so I felt reasonably relaxed beforehand. Right from the outset he put me at ease, explaining what would happen etc. I had cataract operations on both eyes and each operation was over in no time. In fact I spent more time, in a cubicle, waiting for the operations. I was able to carry out the aftercare on my own. I now no longer need glasses to improve my vision, over distance or for reading and close work. The difference is amazing as is Mr Alwity!

2nd May 2018
Written by a patient at Circle Nottingham

I lived in a foggy world. My life was restricted and lacking in colour. I couldn't read stories to my young grandchildren. I could only drive on roads which I knew really well. My optician couldn't do anything more to improve my vision. I researched cataract surgery and read about Amar Alwitry. I was nervous but plucked up the courage to make an appointment with him. How glad I am that I did! Amar greeted me with a smile that would have melted an iceberg. Throughout the consultations and the two operations he performed on my eyes, he was kind, funny and caring. He put me at ease, talking me through the whole process. He's an adorable character but, more importantly, he is an expert in his field. I cannot recommend him highly enough. Not only am I now confidently driving anywhere and everywhere without glasses but I can read the smallest print. My eyesight is better than it was in my teens. The world is a bright and vivid place now. Thank you Amar; you are the best of the best.

13th April 2018
Written by a patient at Loughborough Hospital

How fortunate you would be ,if like me ,Mr Alwitry said you were a suitable candidate for Eyemax lens surgery .For me his expertise has completely altered my life ? Now at 85 I can safely drive and so be excited by the world around me .It has been a miracle ,thank you

Short link to review Mr Amar Alwitry: http://iwgc.net/epoo