Dr Walter Bottomley

24th April 2019

I have seen Dr bottomless 3times And have found him very polite and diligent

23rd October 2018
Written by a carer at Clifton Hospital

I agree with comments. No bed side skills no communication with patient which was my mother. Seems to think we doing him a favour very aggorant needs to look at this. Wouldnt pay to see this consultant no choice it’s nhs my mum 88 and he didn’t even look at her or me glad I was with my mum as it would of been intimated. My mum worked at wythenshawe hospital for years seen many consultants doing there jobs. Why do the job if you not happy making patients feel at ease. Wanting for results not him giving them said nurse. If you have choice see someone else.

17th May 2018
Written by a patient at Clifton Hospital

Very poor attitude. Did not explain the procedure which I would be undergoing. I was totally shocked when on my next visit I was told I would have a punch hole biopsy which would require stitches. I was totally unprepared for this. This was never explained on my first visit with Mr Bottomley. Despite advising the consultant that as a haemophiliac I would need the clotting agent this was not coordinated with the haemophilia department and I had to make a 3 hour trip, prior to the biopsy, to Manchester for this to be administered. Further to this, for the lay person , terms such as biopsy, plastic surgery and melanoma are frightening concepts to deal with. Dr Bottomley failed to explain any of the procedures to me. And yet when I was referred on to Wythenshaw, for further treatment, the attitude of the consultant couldn’t have been more different! The consultant, despite being so busy, spent over 30 minutes explaining what would happen next. He was thorough, approachable and very kind. I am not a complainer. Would never normally air my views on a public forum but by raising this issue, the dermatologist in Blackpool - a consultant of many year’s experience, will have the humility to look at patients as human beings and not as numbers to be ticked off on his patient list.

17th February 2018
Written by a patient at Fleetwood Health & Wellbeing Centre

I agree entirely with the comments dated 8th June 2017. I even inquired at the BUPA hospital, paying £250 for a consultation, to be told Dr. Walter Bottomley,would be the consultant. I had to wait 5 months, on the NHS, yet I could have an appointment that week !

8th June 2017
Written by a patient at Clifton Hospital

I found both Drs Bottomley and Forgie arrogant and uninterested in my condition. Neither responded well to questions and when moved inexplicably from Dr Forgie to Dr Bottomley they both had a different diagnosis. They appeared too interested in asserting their importance and position than actually taking the time to explain properly and actually help me. I have zero resolution from either of them over a 12 month period. Quite simply, I feel they had lost interest and just wished me to go away.

Nearest Dermatologists