Dr Owen Dempsey

• Chest Medicine
  • Internal (General) Medicine

15th January 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

I've been a Patient of Doctor D's now 4 abt 11 yrs, I kno him very well as he does me .. I trust Doctor D with my life, personally if every Doctor was like him, we'd all feel better abt seeing them .. I've dealt with alot of Doctors over the yrs, there's only one Doctor tht was like Doctor D & he left the Practice I was with at the tym .. I do like seeing Doctor D in I guess it's becoz of the way he makes u feel .. he always shakes ur hand wen he first see's u & always asks how u are & he listens tht's wot makes him a great Doctor .. I wud actually go in see him every wk if I cud

12th January 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

I am very glad to have Dr Dempsey looking after me. He has very good patience to his patients. He is willing to give me time to express my symptoms and how this makes me feel. He gives me reassurance in how my progress was going. He is a true gentleman. Very happy to been seen every 6 months by Dr Dempsey. I can not think of anything more at the moment.

5th January 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

I consider myself to have been fortunate to have been referred to Dr Dempsey. His manner is approachable and informal and inspires confidence. He listens and responds to questions/ concerns with understanding and gives clear explanations of procedures and treatments. Other professionals in the health sector could learn a great deal from his approach to patients.

4th January 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

As a patient one puts great trust in medical professionals, and quite often you just have to accept what you are told because of your relative lack of knowledge. However, right from the very first moment, Dr Dempsey inspires trust in his knowledge, empathy and understanding. He has an ability, sadly lacking in many other professionals, of taking his own area of expertise with respect to his patient's condition and then conveying the information to the patient in a manner that is totally understandable without being condescending - and this is rare and is remarkable. Immediately, as a patient, you feel at ease and begin to understand your condition better than you could have hoped. And so you instictively trust him.

19th November 2016
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

This doctor is very easy to talk to and explains things so that the patient can understand what is going on. His manner is excellent and makes you feel in your comfort zone. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to see him again if the need be required.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists