Mr Yazan Masannat

Breast and Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon in Aberdeen

29th November 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

I have just recently undergone breast care surgery under the care of Mr Masannat and have found him to be of an excellent and high standard in all areas of his care. He was straight talking but clear and reassuring when delivering the diagnosis of breast cancer. He is well supported by an approachable and competent team of caring and informed breast nurses. His surgery results are very aesthetically pleasing and his stitching sensitively and neatly carried out. The breast wound looks far better than I would ever have hoped for...I'm impressed! The after care and follow up is also thorough and thoughtful. Mr Masannat is a surgeon that I would highly recommend to others. I am thankful that I am under his care.

23rd November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Albyn Hospital

It was distressing and disappointing when my breast cancer returned after 10 years in remission. However immediately I met Mr.Masannat I knew I was in excellent professional hands. His empathy kindness and innate understanding of my needs was apparent. Combined with his irrepressible sense of humour his treatment of me was exemplary and I remain deeply grateful to him. Never did he say”do this or that” we discussed my treatment options and between us chose the most suitable way forward. His support team of radiologists ,specialist nurses ,radiographers ,haematologists, clerical staff etc.were amazing and most encouraging. Despite the 180 mile journey I look forward to my follow up visits to Aberdeen. Mr Masannat thank you for being here for me and my family.

9th October 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

From my initial diagnosis of my Breast Cancer, I immediately felt that I was under excellent care, from Mr Masannat and his wonderful team. Mr Masannat has a lovely personality that immediately keeps you calm. I cannot praise this man enough, because when he told me I had Breast Cancer, I felt immediately from talking with him, that he would give me the best possible care he could provide. When you walk out of hospital, after being given such news, you could certainly feel alone, and in great fear, but I didn't, because I felt that whatever the outcome, I knew I trusted this man, and that in itself helped me to stay strong and be positive. Even in hospital, from being in the ward and in the operation theatre, his professionalism is comforting and excellent. His relaxing humour made me feel that I wasn't alone, because even though I didn't say I felt anxious, unspokenly I knew he would be understanding how I'd be feeling. Selfishly, the only thing that would make me sad is, if Mr Masannat left Aberdeen. Mr Masannat, thank you so very much, we are so fortunate to have you care for us. You're a wonderful man indeed.

17th August 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

Having been told that I had breast cancer came as such a shock. Mr Masannat fully explained all that would happen in my treatment plan. He was very understanding and showed great empathy at all times. I appreciated his sense of humour always helpful to lift your spirits in scary times. I cannot thank Mr Masannat and his highly skilled team enough for helping me through such a difficult time. Although my treatment journey continues I feel reassured that I have the best care team and advice available. For this once again many thanks to everyone.

15th June 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

Mr. Masannat showed me great care and kindness at a time when I needed it most. He ensured that I received the necessary immediate treatment for my wellbeing. At every stage I felt reassured by his presence. His skill and dedication to his patients are highly admirable and to be respected. Mr. Masannat has given me confidence, a gentleman with a good sense of humour !

Short link to review Mr Yazan Masannat: http://iwgc.net/ef66f