Mr Yazan Masannat

Breast and Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon in Aberdeen

13th March 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

I first met Mr Masannat in March 2015 when i was diagnosed with breast cancer.On delivering the diagnosis Mr Masannat was sensitive and straight to the point>His wealth of knowledge,expertise and ability to answer all my questions honestly reassured me.He was very thorough and explained in detail the plan and course of action. Patient care before, during and after my operation has been first class. I felt fortunate to have been given Dr Masannat as my consultant.His skill as a surgeon has been commented on by those who have seen my scars! I have always felt no matter how busy he was he genuinely cared about me and was interested in me as a person. The team working alongside Mr Masannat have also been brilliant and it is obvious that they too hold him in high regard. Anyone who has been allocated Mr Masannat as their consultant I know,will feel privileged to have been given the best care and chance for the future. I would like to thank him and his team for everything they have done for me.

12th March 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in December 2015 and since then, I have been under Mr. Masannat's excellent care. I have been in theatre three times and continue to receive the treatments of Tamoxifen and Zoladex. By my third and most invasive operation (being a mastectomy with reconstruction), I was actually calmer going into theatre with the firsthand knowledge that I was in good hands. Mr Masannat is a wonderful surgeon, and a very kind and trustworthy person. Through his kindness, patience, encouragement and support he has made a traumatic experience much more bearable for myself and my family. He has always listened carefully to any fears or concerns I've had, giving his answers in clear, concise terms that were easily comprehended. Mr. Masannat has always been straightforward and to the point in delivering any kind of news, which is much appreciated and he is thorough in his follow up care. I believe the only way I could be disappointed by Mr. Masannat would be in the event that he were to leave his practice and I would be left to try and find another consultant with his level of patience, understanding and expertise.

2nd March 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

On meeting Mr Masannat I instantly felt at ease and had great confidence in him. We built up a great rapport and I trusted him completely. He spent time explaining in great detail my diagnosis and what course of action we would be taking. He was always in theater to calm me before surgeries and always came to the ward afterwards to check on my progress. I owe my life to Mr Masannat. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else as my consultant. He is a genuine caring man who always puts his patients needs first.

1st March 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer February 2015, and I met Mr Masannat during my treatment after the surgeon I first saw was on holiday. When I was first introduced to him, any fears I had were immediately dispersed, when I found him to be interested in me as a person, my family and how we would proceed with the treatment. He was straight talking, informative and most of all kind and understanding and even had a great sense of humour! I proceeded with surgery very quickly and I had a partial mastectomy and lymph node removal and the care by him and his team was swift, professional, and happily, problem free. When I had to return for follow up appointments, he was gentle when required and helped the healing process with his information on after care. I was discharged from the oncology department with a happy outcome after radio therapy. We had discussed reconstruction surgery and I have just recently had this completed. Again he was informative, caring and helpful during this treatment, and at this moment I am healing quickly and well. He is a very good surgeon (like I would know!!) but also a very nice person who quite clearly cares for his patients and has a happy team, which is always a good sign and I cannot thank him enough for what he has done for me.

10th October 2016
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

I first met Mr Masannat in December 2015, when I was first diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I found him very sensitive, caring and very knowledgeable. All my questions were answered with consideration and always taking into account my personal circumstances. Mr Masannat covered in great detail the procedure and what they hoped to achieve. I found him very patient with me and took time to explain what I didn't understand (i.e my lack of medical knowledge). Mr Masannat has a wonderful team behind him, who seem to really respect him and his work. So I felt in capable hands every step of the way. On the course of my journey I had to spent further time in hospital, Mr Masannat was away on holiday and was still in contact everyday to monitor my progress. I want to thanks him and all his team for their outstanding care, which made me feel like I am important.

Short link to review Mr Yazan Masannat: http://iwgc.net/ef66f