Mr Yazan Masannat

Breast and Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon in Aberdeen

8th February 2018
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

Explained everything to my husband and myself. Listened to any questions and answered them. A very pleasing personality who give you great faith in his abilities. Very personable.

28th January 2018
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

I was diagnosed with Breast cancer in 2014. Big shock to me and my family. I was seen by Mr Masannat and couldn’t have asked for anyone better. From the moment I met him all throughout my journey he was very helpful and encouraging. He guided me through all the surgical options that was available. 3 years after diagnosis he is still supportive and always willing to see you if you have any concerns or worries. I would highly recommend him to anyone going through breast cancer treatment and couldn’t thank him enough for his excellent and professional care.

13th January 2018
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

This was my second breast cancer diagnosis and second mastectomy. I couldn't have asked for better care. Mr Masannat took time to discuss my options fully at each clinic visit. He is an excellent communicator and there was a real sense of personal care. I felt fully informed and supported in the decisions I made about surgery. I went into the operation feeling complete confidence in him as my surgeon. Mr Masannat is an exceptionally skilled oncplastic surgeon, who clearly takes great care to give the ladies under his care the best result possible. He took care to ensure that my scars matched, giving me the best ‘canvas’ to work with should I ever decide to undergo reconstruction. The scar couldn’t have been neater, and has healed up beautifully. It was also evident from our discussions that he is very much up to date with the latest research. Thank you!

29th November 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

I have just recently undergone breast care surgery under the care of Mr Masannat and have found him to be of an excellent and high standard in all areas of his care. He was straight talking but clear and reassuring when delivering the diagnosis of breast cancer. He is well supported by an approachable and competent team of caring and informed breast nurses. His surgery results are very aesthetically pleasing and his stitching sensitively and neatly carried out. The breast wound looks far better than I would ever have hoped for...I'm impressed! The after care and follow up is also thorough and thoughtful. Mr Masannat is a surgeon that I would highly recommend to others. I am thankful that I am under his care.

23rd November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Albyn Hospital

It was distressing and disappointing when my breast cancer returned after 10 years in remission. However immediately I met Mr.Masannat I knew I was in excellent professional hands. His empathy kindness and innate understanding of my needs was apparent. Combined with his irrepressible sense of humour his treatment of me was exemplary and I remain deeply grateful to him. Never did he say”do this or that” we discussed my treatment options and between us chose the most suitable way forward. His support team of radiologists ,specialist nurses ,radiographers ,haematologists, clerical staff etc.were amazing and most encouraging. Despite the 180 mile journey I look forward to my follow up visits to Aberdeen. Mr Masannat thank you for being here for me and my family.

Short link to review Mr Yazan Masannat: http://iwgc.net/ef66f