Mr Yazan Masannat

Breast and Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon in Aberdeen

9th October 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

From my initial diagnosis of my Breast Cancer, I immediately felt that I was under excellent care, from Mr Masannat and his wonderful team. Mr Masannat has a lovely personality that immediately keeps you calm. I cannot praise this man enough, because when he told me I had Breast Cancer, I felt immediately from talking with him, that he would give me the best possible care he could provide. When you walk out of hospital, after being given such news, you could certainly feel alone, and in great fear, but I didn't, because I felt that whatever the outcome, I knew I trusted this man, and that in itself helped me to stay strong and be positive. Even in hospital, from being in the ward and in the operation theatre, his professionalism is comforting and excellent. His relaxing humour made me feel that I wasn't alone, because even though I didn't say I felt anxious, unspokenly I knew he would be understanding how I'd be feeling. Selfishly, the only thing that would make me sad is, if Mr Masannat left Aberdeen. Mr Masannat, thank you so very much, we are so fortunate to have you care for us. You're a wonderful man indeed.

17th August 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

Having been told that I had breast cancer came as such a shock. Mr Masannat fully explained all that would happen in my treatment plan. He was very understanding and showed great empathy at all times. I appreciated his sense of humour always helpful to lift your spirits in scary times. I cannot thank Mr Masannat and his highly skilled team enough for helping me through such a difficult time. Although my treatment journey continues I feel reassured that I have the best care team and advice available. For this once again many thanks to everyone.

15th June 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

Mr. Masannat showed me great care and kindness at a time when I needed it most. He ensured that I received the necessary immediate treatment for my wellbeing. At every stage I felt reassured by his presence. His skill and dedication to his patients are highly admirable and to be respected. Mr. Masannat has given me confidence, a gentleman with a good sense of humour !

27th April 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

On diagnosis of Breast Ca. in November 2015 I was in complete shock, confusion and very very scared. Initially, there was confusion with a locum Breast Surgeon which was looking to delay beginning of treatment ... however, thankfully with the help of my chemotherapy consultant I was referred urgently to the care of Mr Masannat. Ever since that then I have never looked back. Mr Masannat immediately got things moving for surgery. He explained all the options and was very positive and also had a great sense of humour which I loved. He always had me smiling and laughing! Post surgery, he dealt with any infections/collections etc, extremely efficiently and was so good at following me up - I never felt neglected or unsure of what was happening. He seemed to move mountains for me in order that my recovery continued to improve and progress. I had a wonderful rapport with Mr Masannat and enjoyed banter as my strength improved. There was always laughter and he was always upbeat. Having said this, there were a couple of times when if the situation required it he was respectful, serious and knowledgable. I still get scared about whatever the future holds for me, but then I am a known "worry wart" as my wonderful GP Dr Graeme Miller will testify. However, knowing that I am under the care of the fantastic Mr Masannat gives me strength as I know that working together with him we can face any problems or worries that may lie ahead. I bless the wonderful day my health care was taken over by this wonderful surgeon. God Bless you , Mr Masannat, .... and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

13th March 2017
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

I first met Mr Masannat in March 2015 when i was diagnosed with breast cancer.On delivering the diagnosis Mr Masannat was sensitive and straight to the point>His wealth of knowledge,expertise and ability to answer all my questions honestly reassured me.He was very thorough and explained in detail the plan and course of action. Patient care before, during and after my operation has been first class. I felt fortunate to have been given Dr Masannat as my consultant.His skill as a surgeon has been commented on by those who have seen my scars! I have always felt no matter how busy he was he genuinely cared about me and was interested in me as a person. The team working alongside Mr Masannat have also been brilliant and it is obvious that they too hold him in high regard. Anyone who has been allocated Mr Masannat as their consultant I know,will feel privileged to have been given the best care and chance for the future. I would like to thank him and his team for everything they have done for me.

Short link to review Mr Yazan Masannat: http://iwgc.net/ef66f