Dr Michael Craig

• Psychiatry

13th June 2017
Written by a patient at 114A Harley Street

I saw Dr. Craig in 2015 at the age of 21. Jubilee Health Centre (NHS) had all but given up when the numerous medications they had tried to combat my treatment-resistant Depression had failed, and I was perhaps a week away from suicide. When they finally suggested 'mindfulness' I almost broke down in anger and frustration there and then. Insulted and on my last legs, I agreed at my parents' request to see Dr. Craig to discuss the possibility of Electroconvulsive Therapy as a last resort - I was convinced that nothing else would work. As someone on the autism spectrum I required clarification of explanations at times, which he adapted to professionally and without fuss. I was ready to shell out the £3,000 required for ECT there and then, but after hearing of the NHS' failure the doctor explained that there were multiple 'last-line' drugs for Depression and showed me three pages of antidepressants Jubilee Health Centre had not even suggested. After that I returned to JHC, accompanied by a letter from Dr. Craig recommending the first drug combination on the aforementioned three-page list, and after some resistance on the part of JHC I was put on them. Two years later I am very much well again, still on the same cocktail of meds, both of which are prescribed on the NHS but were overlooked, for some bizarre reason. I am convinced that Dr. Craig saved my life, and I am very grateful to him.

5th June 2017
Written by a patient at 114A Harley Street

I agree with a lot of the comments already on here. On visiting Dr Craig I was beginning to think that there was something wrong with me as he is cold and very condescending. He makes little sarcastic comments if you ask him a question and often I felt like he was laughing at me and my problems. Also, he spent the majority of our 20 minute sessions tapping his notes into the computer which he dictated out loud for me to hear. As the notes were about me, my treatment, my diagnosis, etc I was left feeling extremely uncomfortable and distressed. He seems only to give out tablets and you are to report back how you are getting on with taking them. If you attempt to ask him any questions about the treatment etc his response is very short and snappy and he tells you quite bluntly he does not do "talking therapy". Saying that, there may well be a method to his madness. ie he might be doing all of this for a reason, so I have decided to stick with it for a while. I am desperate and I hope it works.

9th March 2017
Written by a patient at 114A Harley Street

My experience of Dr Craig was excellent. He has helped me enormously and I have recommended him to several other people all of whom have had equally positive experiences. I can't recommend him highly enough.

22nd February 2017
Written by a patient at 114A Harley Street

I have seen Dr Craig on numerous occasions and he has helped me enormously. I always find him to be professional and friendly and ready to listen. I would wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone who requires help in this field.

17th February 2017
Written by a patient at 114A Harley Street

This doctor is suave self assured, cold and without empathy. His 'assessment' style is to take a chronological view of your entire life in a 50 min hour whilst not looking at you and rapidly typing on his laptop. He charges £500 for the privilege. His report in my case was fraught with errors including my name spelling, my referring GP whose name didn't exist, the date of the report which was incorrect by a year and the condescending 'labelling' of my family members which was also incorrect and deeply offensive. I would not recommend this man who seems more attached to his laptop than his patient. Even his secretary is as cold and curt as he is. Definitely would not recommend Dr. Craig. Very disappointed. Save your health information surance funding or own money and go with a doctor who actually listens and is constructive in helping you move through a period in your life when you need support.

Nearest Psychiatrists