Dr Malcolm Prentice

• Endocrinology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

9th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital

I am very grateful for the care provided by Dr. Malcolm Prentice in the Shirley Oaks hospital. I was referred in 2014 by my GP after years of being left undiagnosed with Graves disease by another incompetent GP. He really is an expert and was the first person who I felt truely understands all the things that come with this disease, both physically and mentally. He always took his time to listen to me and took me serious and gave very useful advice. Can't thank him enough for giving me my life back!

27th December 2016
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

I seen Dr Malcolm Prentice last year in parkside hospital, I had blood test and the result shown slightly of underactive thyroid gland, then I have been given small dose of levothyroxine to be taken daily, my body was reacted strangely to levothyroxine, I felt dizzy, breathing difficulties after taken levothyroxine, I decided to stop taking it after only a week later, and quickly booked another hospital visit to see Dr Malcolm, and told him my strange reactions to levothyroxine, he said that's not possible and levothyroxine doesn't give those side affects in the very beginning, and advice me to continue to take the medication, before I leave the hospital that I requested to have another blood test done. Strangely, after the second blood test that I have never heard from Dr Malcolm, about two months later I went back to the hospital and requested a copy of the second blood test result from the hospital reception. Surprisingly, the test result shown no sign of underactive thyroid glan, I was confused and angry, just imaging if I was listening to Dr Malcolm to continue taking levothyroxine after the second time blood test, and that in between was about two months before I got to know the test result? Without went back to hospital reception to ask for the result and no chance of finding that I don't have underactive thyroid glad? Dr Malcolm should have listened and care about what I have told him the reactions I've got from levothyroxine was not normal, should suggested a second blood test or something just to find out a bit more but he didn't, instead without a second thought he was very relaxed telling me to continue to take the medication, lucky I requested the second time blood test myself, again after the test, Dr Malcolm shall inform me to stop taking levothyroxine immediately or to book another hospital visit to investigate further but he didn't.. All of above were not performed correctly as a qualified and trusted doctor, it's very disappointing his carelessness towards patient, it's so wrong.

Nearest Endocrinologists