Dr Magdi El-Omar

• Cardiology

16th October 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I had shortness of breath and pain across my back and down both arms. I was seen by Dr El-Omar and he was fantastic, I was booked in and after the procedure I had to have a stent fitted as one of my arteries was blocked. Would definitely recommend Dr El-Omar with no hesitation. Extremely knowledgeable and very pleasant, looked after me!

5th April 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I was referred to Dr El-Omar by Dr Horner a cardiologist at The Alexandra BMI Hospital. I had severe breathing problems and had not realised that this meant blocked arteries. Dr Omar immediately arranged for me to have an angiogram within a few days of my initial meeting with him. Dr El-Omar carried out the angiogram himself and found a seriously blocked artery - which I think could have caused a heart attack very soon - and, whilst having the angiogram, he inserted two stents (an angioplasty). Afterwards, Dr El-Omar came to see me and went into some detail to explain exactly what he had discovered and what he had done. I found him very likeable, courteous, extremely patient (it took me a while to take in what he was telling me) and I feel that I had been placed in very good hands - and very fortunate that he recognised just how advanced the blockage had been. I would certainly seek his advice should I need to in the future and highly recommend this calm, likeable, superbly competent cardiologist.

Short link to review Dr Magdi El-Omar: http://iwgc.net/ed62y