Dr Joanna O'Dair

16th February 2017
Written by a patient at Bilbrook Medical Centre

Dr O'Dair dealt with me regards anxiety/burn out after a very difficult situation for me at work, where I was demoted at work due to cost cuttings. I had not a day off sick in eight years prior to that, nor afterwards. Like to think of myself as a reliable hardworking type. Psychological issues must always be the most draining and difficult for any GP, but although I saw her 3-4 times, she was always incredibly understanding and took real time to try to understand how I felt. A GP's nightmare I should imagine. I was not depressed after losing out and being demoted, I was suffering from severe sleep deprivation due to a delayed interview process, a knock on effect of my low level anxiety. Insomnia is dreaful and I actually dreaded bedtime. Depression /anxiety meds are closely related, but despite my job disappointment, I needed something to calm me down to help sleep, not pick me up. She recognised that. As soon as normal sleep patterns returned I slowly returned to health. As I say, her depth of listening and care was a total credit, and she helped me through what at the time was the biggest personal crisis of my life lasting a couple of months. Totally back on an even keel now, and I don't anticpate any change either. She also picked up a potentially cancerous mole on my back, which has thankfully come back all clear. Oh the joy of getting older! Thanks again, she is a truly dedicated and skilfull GP.

9th May 2016
Written by a patient at Bilbrook Medical Centre

Supportive, empathetic, listens, calming, very caring an excellent GP!!

3rd May 2016
Written by a patient at Bilbrook Medical Centre

If I can get to pre-book an appointment with Dr O'Dair I will. She is a good listener and you never feel that you have to hurry up like some Doctors. She has the time to talk to you and get an understanding of your health issue. She makes everything clear in her explanations of what course of action will be taken first. It's a pity you can't always get to see Dr O'Dair, I personally like to see the same Doctor, but I appreciate this is not possible.