Bilbrook Medical Centre

Brookfield Road, Bilbrook, Wolverhampton, England, WV8 1DX

24th August 2018

I just wanted to complete a review to say how amazing Julie the receptionist has been! She went out of her way for me, going far beyond the other experiences I have had with GP receptionists. I hope that she gets recognition for being kind, considerate and making going to the doctors more hassle-free. Thank you Julie!

4th September 2018
Response from Bilbrook Medical Centre

Thank you for you feedback, I have shared this with Julie and your kind words arevvery much appreciated.

5th April 2018

Appointments are not available to booked in advance as every time I have attempted to make a pre bookable not amergency appointment I have been told all non emergency appointments are booked and I can not be instructed when the next months appointments will become available. I have been instructed by the receptionist to basically lie and say I have an emergency in order to be seen on the day... this however is immoral and of course leaves me with no option of time selection and therefore impossible to get there due to work commitments... the system has made healthcare inaccessible for me at this time.

27th April 2018
Response from Bilbrook Medical Centre

We are sorry for your experience. Our practice enables a mix of pre-bookable, bookable on the day and emergency appointments, and where possible we aim to open up pre-bookable up to 5 weeks ahead dependent on Doctors availability. April and August are always difficult months for pre-bookable as the end of March and July are the change-over dates for the training doctors. Until the new doctors start we are unable to make their appointments available. We also had a regular doctor leave at the end of March which has also impacted on our appointment availability. Thank you for your feedback. Your concerns were raised at our practice learning session on 17th April where the team was looking at ways of changing our current approach to improve patient access whilst also maintaining a mix of appointment type. We will be testing some of the suggestions over the coming weeks.

27th March 2018

10th August 2017

I attended an appointment with Dr M Mascarenas on Tuesday 8th August. I phoned the reception on Monday 7th August at 16:55 and was lucky enough to get an appointment the following day. Dr Mascarenas was kind, caring and understanding of my needs. She has a lovely bedside manner and is a true credit to Bilbrook Medical Centre. Thank you very much for a great service.

5th September 2017
Response from Bilbrook Medical Centre

Thank you for your feedback, I will ensure Dr Mascarenhas receives a copy.

3rd August 2017