Bilbrook Medical Centre

Brookfield Road, Bilbrook, Wolverhampton, England, WV8 1DX

5th April 2018

Appointments are not available to booked in advance as every time I have attempted to make a pre bookable not amergency appointment I have been told all non emergency appointments are booked and I can not be instructed when the next months appointments will become available. I have been instructed by the receptionist to basically lie and say I have an emergency in order to be seen on the day... this however is immoral and of course leaves me with no option of time selection and therefore impossible to get there due to work commitments... the system has made healthcare inaccessible for me at this time.

27th April 2018
Response from Bilbrook Medical Centre

We are sorry for your experience. Our practice enables a mix of pre-bookable, bookable on the day and emergency appointments, and where possible we aim to open up pre-bookable up to 5 weeks ahead dependent on Doctors availability. April and August are always difficult months for pre-bookable as the end of March and July are the change-over dates for the training doctors. Until the new doctors start we are unable to make their appointments available. We also had a regular doctor leave at the end of March which has also impacted on our appointment availability. Thank you for your feedback. Your concerns were raised at our practice learning session on 17th April where the team was looking at ways of changing our current approach to improve patient access whilst also maintaining a mix of appointment type. We will be testing some of the suggestions over the coming weeks.

27th March 2018

10th August 2017

I attended an appointment with Dr M Mascarenas on Tuesday 8th August. I phoned the reception on Monday 7th August at 16:55 and was lucky enough to get an appointment the following day. Dr Mascarenas was kind, caring and understanding of my needs. She has a lovely bedside manner and is a true credit to Bilbrook Medical Centre. Thank you very much for a great service.

5th September 2017
Response from Bilbrook Medical Centre

Thank you for your feedback, I will ensure Dr Mascarenhas receives a copy.

3rd August 2017

16th February 2017

The whole surgery is a shining example to the health service, and the village of Bilbrook is lucky to have such a wonderful and caring surgery on its doorstep. From the 'always helpful' reception staff, to all GP's I have seen over the years - Dr Maidment, Dr O'Dair, Dr Maung - an absolute credit to the profession with their level of care and dedication. My mother-in-law Sue Powis was dreading leaving her life-long Doctor in Wednesfield after recently moving to Bilbrook, but she is blwon away by the concern and care shown by the staff and practicioners at this surgery. Even regards her blood pressure levels, they have been exemplary in ensuring they stay in an acceptable range. Ive been intending to write something for over a year now, but I couldnt be less praaiseworthy if I tried. Always welcoming, understanding, and smiling - a wonderful bunch of professional people!

23rd March 2017
Response from Bilbrook Medical Centre

Thank you for your kind feedback, we aim to provide a high standard of care for patients, and it is valued when a patient takes the time to thank us.