Dr David Eveson

21st January 2020

Very welcoming. Put me at ease, very caring and explained the results of the tests in a very understanding way.

Written by a carer at The Leicester Royal Infirmary
11th May 2019

My wife has advanced Parkinson's disease and we were referred to the TIA clinic at Leicester Royal Infirmary with a suspected TIA incurred two days previously. Following thorough preliminary tests we saw Dr Eveson who was polite, friendly and reassuring. He listened carefully to our accounts of the incident and asked searching questions to arrive at a clear understanding. Thoughtfully he opted for a CT scan rather than an MRI in consideration of my wife's condition and a clear image was successfully obtained. This showed that there had been no brain bleed and Dr Eveson recommended Clopidogrel to thin the blood as a precaution against a further TIA or stroke and we left the clinic with the medication and the consultant's written report. Our visit to the clinic lasted less than three hours in total and we were greatly impressed by the care of Dr Eveson and all the staff on duty.

16th February 2019

TIA clinic at Leicester Royal Infirmary ... David Eveson Consultant Stroke Medicine ...The clinic and all staff were super efficient,polite but no fuss .Everything inc MRI and other scans and tests were done quickly with no problems .. an excellent clinic

27th September 2018

I was most impressed by Dr Evered's approach: he spent time really listening to my story, picking up on seemingly minor problems, probing for further information and coming to very pertinent conclusions [which included a sensible plan for ongoing treatment]. All was clearly explained; making sure I understood. And this was at the end of a long day - as I was just about his final patient in a very full and busy clinic. So, well done Dr Evered, and the reception staff were also an excellent part of the team.

4th February 2018

I was referred to the TIA Clinic at Leicester Royal Infirmary by my GP as she was anxious to obtain a clear diagnosis of my condition. On arriving at the Clinic I was made most welcome by the friendly nurses and was directed to various points for tests. At the conclusion of these tests, Dr Eveson made me aware of the reassuring results and, as we spoke, in a very relaxed situation, I actually experienced facial spasms. Dr Eveson immediately diagnosed, with a friendly smile, "facial nerve number seven", and fully explained my condition, stressing it was nothing to be concerned about. I shall be taking all the doctor's advice and am pleased to take this opportunity to further express my thanks to him and all the staff at the TIA Clinic at LRI.

• Internal (General) Medicine