The Leicester Royal Infirmary

Infirmary Square, Leicester, England, LE1 5WW

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

29th June 2018

I was very well treated at the TIA clinic, not kept waiting and everything was very clear and explained to me. Thank you

11th June 2018

My husband was treated in Leicester Royal Infirmary in March and April 2018 by Mr Yoon and the palliative care team having undergone 2 operations for spinal cord compression. I cannot say how privileged we felt to be treated in this hospital with the utmost care and compassion dignity and respect. My husband passed last week 6/6/2018 but without their love and encouragement he would not have got as far as he did. A huge thanks to ward 17 Bay 1 staff and doctors who helped make life a little easier to bear.

10th June 2018

Whole experience of paramedics, A&E and follow on TIA clinic was good, professional and caring during a time of great stress!

17th April 2018

I was admitted to the hospital after a suspected stroke whilst out shopping. Whilst my husband was booking me in I had another turn and the nurses came running to my aid. They took me straight through to see the doctor who asked for the details of what had happened and then did lots of different tests. From there I went through to majors where a nurse came straight to us and filled in a form with all the relevant information she required. Whilst we waited she organised tea and coffee for us which I never expected. After my information had been reviewed I was taken to GPAU where I saw Dr Kumar he once again took down details of what had happened and did test on me. This was to verify what had previously been given. I then saw a nurse that did some tests. They then organised for me to have a CAT scan. When I got back the doctor explained what had happened and gave me some asprin to take and said that he had made an appointment for me at 9. o'clock the next day at the TIA department. When we arrived the next morning the staff explained that the doctor was doing his ward rounds but they new what test he wanted doing and set to to get everything done before he came back. This included an MRI scan and an Ultra scan details of height, weight and medical details. Once all of these had taken place we had time to get a coffee whilst Dr Musarrat reviewed the file. When I saw the Dr he explained what had happened in a way that we could understand it and answered all our questions which reassured us, He said I will have to have a heart scan within the next couple of weeks and that an appointment would be sent to me and that I will also have to come back for a followup checkup that appointment was made for me at the time. I must say that we were overwhelmed with the care and attention I received. Everyone from the front desk reception all the nurses, doctors and the staff in all the departments I visited were so caring, efficient and very knowledgeable in their areas of expertise. Nothing was to much trouble for them. We would like to send our heartfelt thanks to everyone. Keep up the good work

12th April 2018

This hospital is more concerned with getting people out of there beds and hospital no matter how the patients condition. My father law who is 96 and registered blind had heart failure after two nights on two different wards he was discharged back to home, no one was with him whislt the doctors and physios said he was fit to be discharged, they didnt even not he was blind or had copd(which we had informed them numerous times.)After two days at home he was then blue lighted back to the royal with the same condition + he now had a chest infection, the emergency doctor who attended was not hopeful of a recovery. After two hours in A&E the doctor said he was fine!! He is still in hospital and they still keep coming around trying to discharge him. This hospital should have a serious look at it's self, it is a hospital not a business they are real people not numbers, showing a little compassion is being human it is not a weakness. P.S the four stars is for those staff who have shown that compassion and care for a 96 year old, the others I hope you get the same service you have given when you are old and frail.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »