The Leicester Royal Infirmary

Infirmary Square, Leicester, England, LE1 5WW

19th November 2019

It's hard to pick fault with the individual care given by the medical staff, they are doing their best with obvious constraint. The problem we had today was solely relating to access to the LRI site. My Mum is 83 years old, limited mobility, deafness and with a visit to the eye clinic today. It used to be fairly easy to drop her off with a carer and use the transport service in the hospital in the Balmoral Building main enterance. Today, old way in closed off. Single line of traffic along the length of Jarrom Street and Havelock Street trying to get on to the LRI main car park, this at 09.30 in the morning, no access or any chance of access to Windsor Building main enterance. It seems that a clown has designed an entry system via Gate 9 off Havelock Street, using this as a new main enterance. News is, IT'S NOT WORKING !. I'll challenge whoever the decision maker(s) is / are to do our visit as we did it today, we'll have someone available with my mum's limitations and let's see how we get on. Visiting a Hospital for treatment is traumatic enough for patients. For God's sake don't make it a 'trial by ordeal' just to get in to get the treatment.

4th June 2019

I had a heart attack on the 18th of may and would like to thank every body involved more so the two ambulance guys they where fantastic with me all so the nurses staff and doctors I truly think I would not be here to day if not for them all thank you from the bottom of my heart Mrs Pauline illson …..

25th May 2019

I have been unfortunate in visiting this hospital several times this year BUT the staff -all of them - have been 100% caring, kind, friendly and prompt. Absolutely 100% good Care was received by me. This treatment was second to none. Thank you to A&E, GPAU, and Stroke/TIA departments. Regards Jeannette Silvester

21st April 2019

My experience was good with all the staff working in a professional manner. I am not sure this is the place to comment on the outlay of the hospital at the Balmoral site. When arriving it was difficult to find my way to the clinic from the Havelock Street entrance and even more so after my treatment when ordering a taxis to pick me up. There appears to be no central point on the Balmoral site for this. Had to leave the hospital and walk to gate 9 where my taxis was waiting for me not good if you are not feeling well.

23rd December 2018

This hospital is one of the best I have ever had the displeasure of staying at, and I have stayed at my fair share. The the last 8 years the LRI has been my local. Hospital. They have saved my life on multiple occasions and have managed and dealt with my complex health and care requirements. The nursing staff are absolute angels and some of the best doctors I have ever met reside at this hospital.

19th December 2018

Thank you to the fantastic A&E and to the Assessment unit and to ward 30. Everyone has been amazing and I can’t fault a thing. The wonderful NHS! We feel so lucky to have received the care you all gave. My mother spent most of her stay on Ward 30. Thank you so much to the whole team on ward 30 at LRI. My mother has Alzheimer’s disease and was admitted with an infection she contracted at her care home. She gets very agitated and can be very difficult to look after due to her illness. The team treated her with care, kindness and dignity. She had one to one HCA assistance at all times 24/7 which was arranged due to the severity of her illness and her not sleeping at night. As her daughters it was a very upsetting situation and the team could not have been more helpful kind and considerate. The Ward sisters were very helpful and kept us informed of the situation and nothing was too much trouble. We could not be more grateful for the care that was given to my mother. The ward was kept clean and the Dementia helpers were brilliant in providing activities to calm the patients. Thank you to one and all.

{{category}} working at The Leicester Royal Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Leicester Royal Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb49j