the-leicester-royal-infirmary

The Leicester Royal Infirmary

Infirmary Square, Leicester, England, LE1 5WW

30th June 2020

Hospital is fine and the staff i dealt with during appointments were nice and helpful. However what is disappointing is the pace at which paperwork is dealt with by certain teams. After several calls from my daughter to chase medication which had arrived into the country form abroad for my terminal illness, it took nearly 2 months plus to have the medication dispensed. I cannot say for sure but I do believe some of the delay was due to sheer lack of motivation on the parts of some of the pharmacy team. Phone calls were passed from one department to another, one pharmacy team to another only to still have no luck. Appreciate everyone is busy, but for myself and my family , this was not helpful.

29th June 2020

Positive experience

28th June 2020

I was on Ward 9 at LRI for 6 days. My care was very good and all of the staff were extremely kind and very efficient.

13th June 2020

- employ members of staff who have a ‘good standard of English’. Whenever you talk to anybody regarding care for relatives or next steps for them, they do not know what you are talking about. Not due to not being trained enough to discuss issues with care but because they do not understand the request you give them. For example: I would say “hi, what is happening regarding PATIENT X’s care?” The response would be typically “No, I know know. Me not understand, he ok. I can say no more”. Is this reassuring for relatives? Also, is it easy for people to understand when staff offer tablets to patients, no. From my point of view and experience my relatives have not understand the staff’s strong accent when they ask a patient to take tablets. This is no way a racial slur. This is a purely an observation from having a negative experiences within your hospital due to communication breaking down on the decisions on care and relaying the message to relatives.

7th May 2020

Absolutely excellent service and treatment by a very well organised and professional team. Top class. Many thanks Mike Foster

15th March 2020

I was seen by the urgent breast clinic, had an ultrasound, an MRI and then had my breast implants removed. Excellent care throughout.

6th March 2020

we went to the hospital today(weds) to see Dr Mohamed Mahgoub regarding my husbands illness this doctor was very good and very thorough and in our eyes a CREDIT to the NHS and the hospital its self I question on here regarding the cleanliness of the hospital the hospital itself was lovely and clean but the toilets were a disgrace otherwise everything else good

20th February 2020

Keep up the good work

26th January 2020

I was sent to GPAU(LRI) by my GP for being clinically dehydrated after going through over two weeks of vomiting daily. Nurse tried to take bloods but I was hard to bleed and the nurse said it's because I'm dehydrated and took blood from my hand due to which I almost passed out and had to lie down for a while. The junior Dr was nice and listened to what I had to say and said I will be put on a drip Senior Dr however said I was not dehydrated and I just need to increase my fluid intake which is the problem as food and water does not stay down, saying that she doesn't want to unnecessarily spread infections by inserting a cannula and also water and salts is all that's in the drip so how is it going to help My sister who came with me was fed up with what the drs had to say and told them that we will not be going home until I get a drip but the Dr still did not budge and said there is nothing I can do for you even though I was dizzy and could barely keep my balance. I was really annoyed with them as I spent over four hrs for them to give me a drip and in the end didn't get one and went home in the same condition I came in. Dr seemed to want to rush you and not give you attention especially senior drs who think they know it all. Senior consultant didn't want to speak to my mother on the phone who wanted to explain that water and salts from the drip is exactly what I need. I do however want to thank the male nurse who was quite worried about me and said that I do need a drip but because he was junior he didn't have a say.

21st January 2020

Not knowing where the TIA clinic was as I entered the main entrance I asked one of the male volunteers who promptly escorted me straight to the clinic. The reception staff dealt with me promptly and I was seen by the nursing staff for a blood test within a very short length of time. Under supervision of a senior nurse a trainee nurse did the injection into the vein without me feeling any discomfort. A very good appointment.

{{category}} working at The Leicester Royal Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Leicester Royal Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb49j