the-leicester-royal-infirmary

The Leicester Royal Infirmary

Infirmary Square, Leicester, England, LE1 5WW

15th March 2020

I was seen by the urgent breast clinic, had an ultrasound, an MRI and then had my breast implants removed. Excellent care throughout.

6th March 2020

we went to the hospital today(weds) to see Dr Mohamed Mahgoub regarding my husbands illness this doctor was very good and very thorough and in our eyes a CREDIT to the NHS and the hospital its self I question on here regarding the cleanliness of the hospital the hospital itself was lovely and clean but the toilets were a disgrace otherwise everything else good

20th February 2020

Keep up the good work

26th January 2020

I was sent to GPAU(LRI) by my GP for being clinically dehydrated after going through over two weeks of vomiting daily. Nurse tried to take bloods but I was hard to bleed and the nurse said it's because I'm dehydrated and took blood from my hand due to which I almost passed out and had to lie down for a while. The junior Dr was nice and listened to what I had to say and said I will be put on a drip Senior Dr however said I was not dehydrated and I just need to increase my fluid intake which is the problem as food and water does not stay down, saying that she doesn't want to unnecessarily spread infections by inserting a cannula and also water and salts is all that's in the drip so how is it going to help My sister who came with me was fed up with what the drs had to say and told them that we will not be going home until I get a drip but the Dr still did not budge and said there is nothing I can do for you even though I was dizzy and could barely keep my balance. I was really annoyed with them as I spent over four hrs for them to give me a drip and in the end didn't get one and went home in the same condition I came in. Dr seemed to want to rush you and not give you attention especially senior drs who think they know it all. Senior consultant didn't want to speak to my mother on the phone who wanted to explain that water and salts from the drip is exactly what I need. I do however want to thank the male nurse who was quite worried about me and said that I do need a drip but because he was junior he didn't have a say.

21st January 2020

Not knowing where the TIA clinic was as I entered the main entrance I asked one of the male volunteers who promptly escorted me straight to the clinic. The reception staff dealt with me promptly and I was seen by the nursing staff for a blood test within a very short length of time. Under supervision of a senior nurse a trainee nurse did the injection into the vein without me feeling any discomfort. A very good appointment.

19th November 2019

It's hard to pick fault with the individual care given by the medical staff, they are doing their best with obvious constraint. The problem we had today was solely relating to access to the LRI site. My Mum is 83 years old, limited mobility, deafness and with a visit to the eye clinic today. It used to be fairly easy to drop her off with a carer and use the transport service in the hospital in the Balmoral Building main enterance. Today, old way in closed off. Single line of traffic along the length of Jarrom Street and Havelock Street trying to get on to the LRI main car park, this at 09.30 in the morning, no access or any chance of access to Windsor Building main enterance. It seems that a clown has designed an entry system via Gate 9 off Havelock Street, using this as a new main enterance. News is, IT'S NOT WORKING !. I'll challenge whoever the decision maker(s) is / are to do our visit as we did it today, we'll have someone available with my mum's limitations and let's see how we get on. Visiting a Hospital for treatment is traumatic enough for patients. For God's sake don't make it a 'trial by ordeal' just to get in to get the treatment.

4th June 2019

I had a heart attack on the 18th of may and would like to thank every body involved more so the two ambulance guys they where fantastic with me all so the nurses staff and doctors I truly think I would not be here to day if not for them all thank you from the bottom of my heart Mrs Pauline illson …..

25th May 2019

I have been unfortunate in visiting this hospital several times this year BUT the staff -all of them - have been 100% caring, kind, friendly and prompt. Absolutely 100% good Care was received by me. This treatment was second to none. Thank you to A&E, GPAU, and Stroke/TIA departments. Regards Jeannette Silvester

21st April 2019

My experience was good with all the staff working in a professional manner. I am not sure this is the place to comment on the outlay of the hospital at the Balmoral site. When arriving it was difficult to find my way to the clinic from the Havelock Street entrance and even more so after my treatment when ordering a taxis to pick me up. There appears to be no central point on the Balmoral site for this. Had to leave the hospital and walk to gate 9 where my taxis was waiting for me not good if you are not feeling well.

{{category}} working at The Leicester Royal Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Leicester Royal Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb49j