The Leicester Royal Infirmary

Infirmary Square, Leicester, England, LE1 5WW

21st April 2019

My experience was good with all the staff working in a professional manner. I am not sure this is the place to comment on the outlay of the hospital at the Balmoral site. When arriving it was difficult to find my way to the clinic from the Havelock Street entrance and even more so after my treatment when ordering a taxis to pick me up. There appears to be no central point on the Balmoral site for this. Had to leave the hospital and walk to gate 9 where my taxis was waiting for me not good if you are not feeling well.

2nd March 2019

I attended the Rapid access one-stop TIA and minor stroke clinic at the Royal Infirmary on 26/02/2019 at 9 o'clock, and received a thorough and efficient investigation by Dr. Martin Fotherby and all his staff. I was treated with kindness and respect by everyone and left about 12 o'clock feeling much reassured.

19th February 2019

Staff were great apart from the receptionist at the Balmoral main entrance desk who was unhelpful and sour. Great difficulty in walking but due to time constraints of finding a parking place (I arrived an hour early) then the very very long walk to the DVT clinic was unbearable. I asked for a trolley ride but they were all busy and told I would have to wait. Car parking for this disabled driver was also a nightmare because the close by spaces outside the old entrance were full as usual with perfectly able non-disabled drivers bringing disabled persons to the hospital. They too should be all pay bays! Better idea would be for the disabled bays to be made available for the Disabled Drivers use only and the non-disabled drivers being made to drop off their disabled passengers then parking in the normal parking bays. This experience has forced me to decide that I will NEVER visit the LRI again. ANY other hospital would be my preference. The LRI has become far too big and should now be prevented from further expansion!

10th February 2019

My mother was admitted via a/e after a visit from an ANP/DHL, From the time dropping her off with my elderly father at the pick up drop off zone I can honestly say ALL staff were very helpful, the security man was very helpful advising I could leave the car there whilst I registered mum at the desk and showed me how to find my way back to a/e after parking the car, mum was seen almost immediately by a nurse (Pricilla) for her obs etc, what a great nurse very professional but kind and friendly at the same time and very reassuring, put mum at ease in what can be a frightening experience, although there was a wait to see the doctor, there was always some one popping in to do regular checks, the nhs is under a lot of pressure and needs to be recognized more for the excellent work they do, mum was admitted to ward 8 Balmoral and needed an operation, again the care was excellent in total was in hospital for three days, thankyou to all involved no complaints from us, great people doing a fantastic job in a very pressured area.

23rd December 2018

This hospital is one of the best I have ever had the displeasure of staying at, and I have stayed at my fair share. The the last 8 years the LRI has been my local. Hospital. They have saved my life on multiple occasions and have managed and dealt with my complex health and care requirements. The nursing staff are absolute angels and some of the best doctors I have ever met reside at this hospital.

{{category}} working at The Leicester Royal Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Leicester Royal Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb49j