The Leicester Royal Infirmary

Infirmary Square, Leicester, England, LE1 5WW

21st January 2020

Not knowing where the TIA clinic was as I entered the main entrance I asked one of the male volunteers who promptly escorted me straight to the clinic. The reception staff dealt with me promptly and I was seen by the nursing staff for a blood test within a very short length of time. Under supervision of a senior nurse a trainee nurse did the injection into the vein without me feeling any discomfort. A very good appointment.

19th November 2019

It's hard to pick fault with the individual care given by the medical staff, they are doing their best with obvious constraint. The problem we had today was solely relating to access to the LRI site. My Mum is 83 years old, limited mobility, deafness and with a visit to the eye clinic today. It used to be fairly easy to drop her off with a carer and use the transport service in the hospital in the Balmoral Building main enterance. Today, old way in closed off. Single line of traffic along the length of Jarrom Street and Havelock Street trying to get on to the LRI main car park, this at 09.30 in the morning, no access or any chance of access to Windsor Building main enterance. It seems that a clown has designed an entry system via Gate 9 off Havelock Street, using this as a new main enterance. News is, IT'S NOT WORKING !. I'll challenge whoever the decision maker(s) is / are to do our visit as we did it today, we'll have someone available with my mum's limitations and let's see how we get on. Visiting a Hospital for treatment is traumatic enough for patients. For God's sake don't make it a 'trial by ordeal' just to get in to get the treatment.

4th June 2019

I had a heart attack on the 18th of may and would like to thank every body involved more so the two ambulance guys they where fantastic with me all so the nurses staff and doctors I truly think I would not be here to day if not for them all thank you from the bottom of my heart Mrs Pauline illson …..

25th May 2019

I have been unfortunate in visiting this hospital several times this year BUT the staff -all of them - have been 100% caring, kind, friendly and prompt. Absolutely 100% good Care was received by me. This treatment was second to none. Thank you to A&E, GPAU, and Stroke/TIA departments. Regards Jeannette Silvester

21st April 2019

My experience was good with all the staff working in a professional manner. I am not sure this is the place to comment on the outlay of the hospital at the Balmoral site. When arriving it was difficult to find my way to the clinic from the Havelock Street entrance and even more so after my treatment when ordering a taxis to pick me up. There appears to be no central point on the Balmoral site for this. Had to leave the hospital and walk to gate 9 where my taxis was waiting for me not good if you are not feeling well.

{{category}} working at The Leicester Royal Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Leicester Royal Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb49j