The Leicester Royal Infirmary

Infirmary Square, Leicester, England, LE1 5WW

19th February 2019

Staff were great apart from the receptionist at the Balmoral main entrance desk who was unhelpful and sour. Great difficulty in walking but due to time constraints of finding a parking place (I arrived an hour early) then the very very long walk to the DVT clinic was unbearable. I asked for a trolley ride but they were all busy and told I would have to wait. Car parking for this disabled driver was also a nightmare because the close by spaces outside the old entrance were full as usual with perfectly able non-disabled drivers bringing disabled persons to the hospital. They too should be all pay bays! Better idea would be for the disabled bays to be made available for the Disabled Drivers use only and the non-disabled drivers being made to drop off their disabled passengers then parking in the normal parking bays. This experience has forced me to decide that I will NEVER visit the LRI again. ANY other hospital would be my preference. The LRI has become far too big and should now be prevented from further expansion!

10th February 2019

My mother was admitted via a/e after a visit from an ANP/DHL, From the time dropping her off with my elderly father at the pick up drop off zone I can honestly say ALL staff were very helpful, the security man was very helpful advising I could leave the car there whilst I registered mum at the desk and showed me how to find my way back to a/e after parking the car, mum was seen almost immediately by a nurse (Pricilla) for her obs etc, what a great nurse very professional but kind and friendly at the same time and very reassuring, put mum at ease in what can be a frightening experience, although there was a wait to see the doctor, there was always some one popping in to do regular checks, the nhs is under a lot of pressure and needs to be recognized more for the excellent work they do, mum was admitted to ward 8 Balmoral and needed an operation, again the care was excellent in total was in hospital for three days, thankyou to all involved no complaints from us, great people doing a fantastic job in a very pressured area.

23rd December 2018

This hospital is one of the best I have ever had the displeasure of staying at, and I have stayed at my fair share. The the last 8 years the LRI has been my local. Hospital. They have saved my life on multiple occasions and have managed and dealt with my complex health and care requirements. The nursing staff are absolute angels and some of the best doctors I have ever met reside at this hospital.

19th December 2018

Thank you to the fantastic A&E and to the Assessment unit and to ward 30. Everyone has been amazing and I can’t fault a thing. The wonderful NHS! We feel so lucky to have received the care you all gave. My mother spent most of her stay on Ward 30. Thank you so much to the whole team on ward 30 at LRI. My mother has Alzheimer’s disease and was admitted with an infection she contracted at her care home. She gets very agitated and can be very difficult to look after due to her illness. The team treated her with care, kindness and dignity. She had one to one HCA assistance at all times 24/7 which was arranged due to the severity of her illness and her not sleeping at night. As her daughters it was a very upsetting situation and the team could not have been more helpful kind and considerate. The Ward sisters were very helpful and kept us informed of the situation and nothing was too much trouble. We could not be more grateful for the care that was given to my mother. The ward was kept clean and the Dementia helpers were brilliant in providing activities to calm the patients. Thank you to one and all.

9th December 2018

I was seen at the GP Assessment Unit this week and would like to thank them for their kindness and understanding. I was feeling very worried and poorly and the Doctors took the time to listen and reassure me. I had all the tests I needed very quickly. I'm so grateful they were there for me when I needed them.

{{category}} working at The Leicester Royal Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Leicester Royal Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb49j