Dr Branko Momic

28th August 2017
Written by a patient at Acorn Group Practice

Terrible doctor, I have had an ear infection which was cleared up by Dr Christie who I trust and is the only reason I have stayed at this practice. Unfortunately due to it being a bank holiday weekend Dr momic was the only one available. The ear infection has left me completely deaf in my left ear with a constant ringing, this is dangerous as I am an amputee who already has balance problems and this has made it worse. I went in purely to get my ear syringed I had tried to get an appointment to see a nurse but it seems there is only two and both are on holiday. I have seen Dr momic in the past and he has never been helpful. His attitude was abrupt as soon as I entered the room I explained to him that I had seen Dr Christie on the Tuesday and had been given the all clear with regards to the infection his response to this was that he had no interest in what Dr Christie may have told me. In a abrupt manner he stated it was 5.30 on a bank holiday weekend and what did i expect him to do? he had no intention of offering me any treatment (he did look it my ear for a second) and with that asked me if I wanted drops or a spray and handed be a prescription for antibotics and a ear spray. I was very unhappy, I asked why there were no nurses available, no reply, I then asked what the prescription was for as Dr Christie had only given me a spray to help clear the blockage in my ear, again nothing. I will admit by now I was very annoyed I told him what I thought of him and the practice in general, his response was that if I wanted my ears syringed go to A and E!!! what sort of decent doctor would make such a ridiculous statement too waste A&E doctors time when they are already having problems looking after seriously ill and injured people. I then googled Queen Mary's walk in centre to see if they could help me, they where really nice but stated they could not help me but gave me the name of a hospital in central London that would. I cannot drive because of this ear problem so phoned a cab company. I eventually arrived at nearly 7 pm, luckily did not have to wait too long before being taken into a triage to be assessed by a nurse, she was very professional asked loads of questions and then examined my ears she confirmed there was no infection but there was a blockage. Unfortunately for me she could not syringe my ears, she explained it is dangerous to do this if you have had an ear infection in the last 4 weeks!! She was very sorry for my predicament and could not understand why I had been given the prescription for antibiotics ( did advise me to change GP immediately). She also could not understand due to the severity of my disability why I had not been offered a GP referral to get my ears micro suctioned which can be done immediately after an infection. She then gave me a leaflet with just 2 clinic they could recommend were I could get the micro suction procedure done privately (both in central London). I ended up getting a black cab all the way home, eventually getting home at nearly 9pm exhausted and in a lot of pain. It had cost me nearly £100.00 to find out something Dr momic could and should have known, instead I received a prescription that i did not need and disgraceful advice. I am going to report this to NHS England first thing Tuesday morning and obviously start looking for a new doctor.

28th July 2017
Written by a patient at Acorn Group Practice

I have seen Dr. Momic about a number of ailments over many years, and have found him totally sympathetic and knowledgeable. He has helped me enormously. He also has a great sense of humour, and if I laughingly insult him about something (e.g. if he is running late) we will both enjoy the moment. A great communicator. It is always a pleasure to see him.

3rd April 2017
Written by a patient at Acorn Group Practice

Dr Momic is the best GP I have ever come across. He combines deep experience with great patient empathy and listening. He gave me life-saving advice in December 2008 to see a specialist when I presented worrying symptoms, and only last week he went out of his way to provide urgent and wise counsel on pain medication. He is approachable and caring - a model GP in every way. Teddington.

2nd September 2016
Written by a patient at Acorn Group Practice

I saw Dr Momic for routine follow up, he spent most of the consultation on his computer, he seems disinterested and suggested my ailment was as a result of my age. I found him disingenuous and patronising. It will certainly be the last time I agree to see him.

16th February 2016
Written by a patient at Acorn Group Practice

Amazing gp, he has so much experience.

Short link to review Dr Branko Momic: http://iwgc.net/efkrr