Dr Ahmed Mayet

23rd May 2018
Written by a patient at Fern House Surgery

I've been fortunate not to have had many visits to a doctors surgery. In April 2016 I was referred by Dr Mayet to a urology department and was diagnosed with bladder cancer. I'm relatively young and the impact of this news was enormous. I was in a very vulnerable position and Dr Mayet insisted that I see him initially once a week, which was a huge help and the conversations we had about my state of mind and treatment was a main factor in getting me through the early stages of my cancer journey. He combined conventional approaches to treatment with the use of technology and always encouraged me to look at research into my condition. His comfortable approach is very relaxing and I'm able to express myself openly with him. He's also treated me for a bad shoulder, which was a major discomfort to me, but is now feeling great. Thank you Dr Mayet for your support and treatment over the past year.

22nd May 2018
Written by a patient at Fern House Surgery

I attended Dr Mayet regarding my severe depression. Thanks to his great patience and perseverance I have now recovered. I cannot thank him enough.

17th May 2018
Written by a patient at Fern House Surgery

I had an appointment to see Dr Mayet in April for a review of Asthma medication. The discussion we had was thorough and informative and very helpful as I have been suffering for 45 years. At the end of the discussion I was asked if there were any other problems and I told Dr Mayet I was noticing flashing in my left eye. He examined me and then insisted I had an eye examination as soon as possible. It turned out I had a detached retina and after a successful 1 hour operation at W. Suffolk hospital my left eye was saved . This is the second time this excellent GP has changed my life for the good and I really cannot express my thanks more than giving him the highest recommendation of a Doctor that really cares. My life would be very different without him.

29th March 2018
Written by a patient at Fern House Surgery

Great care from Dr Mayet. Thanks to his quick actions at the surgery i made a full recovery from sepsis which I now (i didnt at the time) is very serious. Extremely grateful.

28th March 2018
Written by a patient at Fern House Surgery

Dr Mayet is a great credit to Fern House surgery and always my first choice of GP to see. During consultations I find that he is very attentive to what I am saying and very thorough in the questions that he asks, when he has sent me off for further tests (bloods etc) it is obvious that he already has a pretty clear idea of what is the matter with me without him worrying me and when the results are in he clearly explains what course of medication etc is required to resolve the issue.

Short link to review Dr Ahmed Mayet: http://iwgc.net/ev2i