Dr Ahmed Mayet

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

17th November 2022

Dr Mayet was knowledgeable, attentive and extremely proactive with my mothers care, taking her consideration into account at every point. It took one week: from face to face 1st consultation with him in surgery, to having full torso CT with contrast, blood tests and bowel sample - then all results reviewed with him in surgery again. Such an amazing service.

9th November 2022

I am a clinical pharmacist and worked with Dr Mayet in practice. Dr Mayet is very approachable and is helpful in dealing with any queries presented to him in a professional and efficient manner. He is very knowledgeable and always looks to provide patient cantered care.

5th November 2022

Dr Mayet is a very empathic and understanding doctor. He listened to what was was going on is doing everything he can to get to the bottom of what's going on. He has offered many resources for support and guidance and has referred for more testing, as well as referring for more support. He fully listens to everything you say and that makes all the difference. Highly recommend.

21st October 2022

Dr Mayet is a caring and professional doctor. He takes the time to listen and reassure his patients.

21st October 2022

I had severe pain in the artificial hip-joint on my right leg. I have had 3 such joints on that leg, dating back to 1988. Each was more complex than the previous one. the current one was fitted by Mr Charnley, a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon - Hip & Knee Specialist, at Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, part of NHS Mid & South Essex, in 2008. It necessitated fitting a larger metal ball, over the existing smaller ball, together with a much larger replacement plastic cup, etc. I also had to wear a personally-designed corset for a couple of months after being discharged. Fourteen years is considerably more than my two earlier joints lasted. Hence, for the first time since 2008, I was in pain & could not weight-bear on that leg. The pain occurred on a Saturday, so my local GP Surgery was not available to me. On the Sunday, with no change, I decided to go to Broomfield A&E. They were excellent. In pretty short time, I saw an A&E doctor, who arranged for 2 X-Rays to be taken. These were subsequently examined by a Main Hospital Orthaepedic Surgeon, remotely. The response was 'no fracture'. the A&E doctor said that he would write on the above to my local Witham Surgery-Fern House. I subsequently found out that he had indeed done so, reiterating the 'no fracture' result but, did not, as I had requested, suggest that Fern House write to Orthaepedics, Broomfield, requesting a rapid appointment. This was obviously a great disappointment. I then contacted Fern House & asked to speak to a doctor on their 'same-day' scheme. Dr Mayet, not my formally nominated doctor, rang me back in mid-afternoon. I then pretty much reiterated the above background. To my delight, Dr Mayet - (a) said that he would write to Mr Charley ( who is still practicing 14 years later), explaining the matter & requesting an appointment in his clinic / (b) said that he would arrange, two days later, for me to be seen by a Fern House Physiotherapist, Natasha, & (c) sent me a helpful webb connection covering Hip Joint Problems. I duly met Natasha. After her examination, she supported the letter which Dr Mayet had already written to Mr Charnley; she also gave me an taylor-made Exercise sheet. To my considerable surprise, & pleasure, I was subsequently copied the response from Mr Charley to Dr Mayet; a response written only TWO days after my initiating telephone conversation with Dr Mayet. In the response, Mr Charnley said that he had looked at my two A&E X-Rays, & compared them with my last formal review X-Rays taken there in 2014 ( The biannual Review sessions were then discontinued). He indicated that there was no obvious sign that the joint had failed, summising that the discomfort might well stem from a small fracture of my greater trochanter. He ended by telling Dr Mayet that he would send me an appointment to be seen at his Broomfield Hospital clinic. The entire process, handled so rapidly, professionally & court'eously, was so impressive that I felt called to write, personally, to Dr Mayet, thanking him for his actions, & that of the whole Fern House Surgery, & the wider NHS too. I did so and, perhaps unsurprisingly, I received a rapid, warm text on my mobile phone, from Dr Mayet, thanking me for my letter. It is hard, in any conditions, never mind the current NHS financial difficulties - the workload backload a direct consequence of ever-increasing public demands - to image a more satisfactory series of events!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Dr Ahmed Mayet was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Short link to review Dr Ahmed Mayet: http://iwgc.net/ev2i