wythenshawe-hospital

Wythenshawe Hospital

Southmoor Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester, England, M23 9LT

1 2 3 4 5 46,988 reviews

21st June 2022

From the onset of my diagnosis to the treatment, surgery, in patient experience to the support from the specialist team I cannot fault my experience.

19th June 2022

Every department was so professional and clean, all staff were brilliant, caring, sympathetic and truly dedicated to their work.

27th April 2022

Attended Wythenshawe Hospital on 25/04/22 for a gastroscopy procedure. The whole experience was pleasant. Staff especially Jason, Carla, lucy were lovely and put me at ease. Being a first time i was a little nervous as to what to expect but staff are very reassuring and the procedure was quick and painless. I was back home 2 hours later having chose sedation, enjoying a cup of coffee. Big thanks to all staff who cared for me some of whom i didn't catch names. THANKYOU x

30th March 2022

As a patient and as someone who works at Wythenshawe Hospital my experience has always been positive. The care I’ve received has been A*. There was one incident as a patient in October where two international nurses stood next to my bed in the middle of the night and were discussing me and my post op care between themselves in Malalyam (an Indian dialect) whilst taking my blood pressure.and where as I could pass it off, I think it would make an elderly frightened person very uncomfortable and unhappy. As I understood a few words of the dialect, I got the gist of what they were saying but to someone else they would consider it very rude.

24th March 2022

Awful service. Referred on basis surgeon would be available. Made me wait 6 hours and when finally seen they had gone home. This is despite having had the doctor ring through beforehand and check that the surgeon would be available and wiring a referral letter. Complete disrespect for patients. I asked 5 times before anyone from the relevant department saw me. None of the staff knew what to do, constantly fobbed off by the receptionists. Avoid if you can. Most awful experience. Would not recommend them.

9th March 2022

Went out the area to go to this hospital as friends near by so could get a lift. Usually I have next to nothing nice to say about NHS hospitals and staff going off the 2 in my areas. That have had some evil nasty pieces of work. I can honestly the staff at this hospital were friendly starting from the triage nurse who everyone got to see as soon as I arrived with her trainee. The hospital was packed and I feel they worked very hard and remained positive. I have a feeling my ct scan has missed something but was given advice and the nurse said if it didn't improve definetly come back.. To some of the sadist I've been taunted by at other hospitals. I could literally cry being in a non hateful hospital . Where ive not been treated like i deserve to be hungThankyou!! If I have 1 qual I should've been given some medication for pain and other things the amount if time there but luckily I'd took some with me

16th March 2021

My journey through Whythenshawe hospital was very positive. Information on travel and parking was clear and easy to follow. Every person I encountered was polite and very helpful. The only criticism I could make would be the period of time between appointments. However I accept it may be a little unfair due to the majority of this time the NHS has suffered through the Covid crisis.

17th February 2021

The Nurses and Team in Pain management were just wonderful . I attended for many years , I found there Empathy and kindness so high. They were so genuine and check , check double check everything. I will miss them all. No one could have better care . I would like to thank them all. We are so lucky to have such good nurses in our NHS Thank you all Barbara St John

12th November 2020

I was rushed to Wyhtemshawe from post surgical complications. I dont remember much for the first few days but afterwards when i started my road to recovery the staff on the ward and the doctors were simply amazing. the care which i recieved was fast!! I dont live locally and was nearly 100 miles from my next of kin and family. I was scared and the staff put my fears at ease. they treated me like family. The staff were under an immense amoount of pressure but never did you not see them smile or sing or have a luagh with the patients! Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the staff on ward A4. Each and every one of you are truly amazing!

26th October 2020

The care I received before my daughter was born was brilliant, however, during my labour I felt abandoned by the staff there. I was left in a room for 5 and a half hours with nobody checking in on me. When somebody eventually came to see me I was 8 and a half cm dilated and taken to the delivery suite. From then on what should of been a beautiful experience for me turned into a nightmare. The midwives that I had were lovely however the other members of staff that occasionally came in and out of the room were extremely rude. Unexpectedly after three hours of pushing around 10 members of staff burst into the room to get me to theatre. I wasn’t pre warned that that was going to happen and when I asked what was happening I was shouted at by two members of the team and nobody listened nor answered my questions. The aftercare I received wasn’t anything special, I had a dizzy woman that was speaking to her co worker constantly about her partner. The night staff are also very rude and keep you awake by talking loud about their nails and what they did at the weekend. Cleaning staff are very friendly and helpful.

{{category}} working at Wythenshawe Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Wythenshawe Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6ih