wythenshawe-hospital

Wythenshawe Hospital

Southmoor Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester, England, M23 9LT

1 2 3 4 5 46,989 reviews

#sayThankYou

I would like to say Thank you to all the staff at Wythenshawe hospital Wards F5, F6 the Critical care team and the heart bypass surgeons whom basically saved my life. I ended up at this hospital as i was visiting friends when i had a heart attack and was operated on 2 weeks later. You guys all did a fantastic job. Thank you.

19th May 2020
Review of Accident and Emergency, written by a patient
9th January 2017

I was suffering severe kidney and back issues and sitting waiting for 3 hours on chair that are not patient friendly is unfair. A patient is in pain hence they visit the hospital but waiting on u comfortable chairs doesn't help the situation When I said this to the receptionist she was very rude in her response to me

Review of Delivery Suite, written by a carer
14th July 2016

Admitted to triage/DS at 31 weeks due to bleeding. Very kind and thoughtful staff who remained professional and calm throughout - immediately put us at ease. Subsequently spent a day in the Antenatal ward where same level of care was shown. Now on consultant-led care with the same consultant who dealt with us in triage, so won't be a new, strange face; very consistent level of care and has left us feeling more confident for the birth.

Review of Post Natal Ward, written by a patient
2nd June 2016

Unfortunately I had a very bad experience: -Medication was not administered (e.g. heparin injections missed for a few days) -Tests requested by renal consultant were not done (leading to lack of data to make a diagnosis of complications experienced) -Discharge medication not given (increasing the number of days with missed medicines) -No care or help given at night (difficult to care for a newborn feeling poorly) -Room temperature extremely uncomfortable (too warm) -Unhealthy and poor quality food ...just to mention a few.

Review of Delivery Suite, written by a patient
2nd June 2016

Overall care was good but: -More supervision is needed while midwife assigned is on lunch break, e.g. an excessive top up of epidural was given making blood pressure drop to 39 (diastolic). My husband had to report this extremely low BP readings. -Recording of medication given needs improving, e.g. no record of anti-D injection found on my notes. Was it given? If not, that can have serious consequences in future pregnancies.

25th April 2016

Cancelled every appointment

Review of F12, written by a patient
9th February 2016

The care given by the staff can only be described as "being treated like one of their own family members". All the staff irrespective of their role were attentive and friendly. The staff in particular caring for me after my operation and my overnight stay could not do enough for their patients, nothing was too much trouble. A credit to the hospital, ward and staff themselves. The hospital and ward were extremely clean again credit to all concerned.

Review of Accident and Emergency, written by a patient
6th February 2016

I went to the A&E dept of Wythenshawe Hospital on Sat 6th Feb 2016 with a complaint of chest pain. The treatment I received from when I stepped in to when I left was great. The receptionist and the triage nurse were warm, welcoming and reassuring, Macey who did the ECG was caring and polite. When I finally saw the Doctor- Dr Louise Morgan, she made me feel confident that everything needed to be done to find the cause of my pain would be done. I could see that the department was very busy that morning but I did not feel that I was being rushed out of the consulting room , she arranged for the X-ray, did the physical check, explained what she was doing and gave myself and my husband time to ask questions. I am impressed and just want to say thank you for the good and selfless work you do. The only room for improvement would be re: time spent waiting to be seen - maybe more staff needed.

Review of Accident and Emergency, written by a family member
2nd February 2016

Waited 3 hours in A&E waiting room after being hit by a car.

Review of A1, written by a patient
2nd February 2016

Everybody on the ward were so helpful and nothing was to much trouble for them.

{{category}} working at Wythenshawe Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Wythenshawe Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6ih