warwick-hospital

Lakin Road, Warwick, England, CV34 5BW

1 2 3 4 5 134,788 reviews

Review of Colposcopy Unit - Warwick Hospital,
4th March 2021

Good explanation from Dr Souza. Great nurses that distracted me from the procedure.

nothing

Review of Swan Ward Post Natal ,

n/a

toilet on the ward need a little bit more attention. There was no toilet tissues or soap in the toilet. In current circumstances with Covid-19, toilet tissue and soap should be provided and checked regularly.

Review of Malins Ward, written by a patient
24th February 2021

Very professional and sympathetic care at all times - Thank you.

Nothing!

Written by a NHS patient
24th February 2021

Delivery suite - Good atmosphere in room. Midwife supportive with good expertise. Felt delays with handover, waited 2h or more for an epidural so received at 9cm dilated - not acceptable especially as national guidelines state a woman in labour should receive analgesia within 45 mins of requesting it. Also felt day midwife pre handover was pushing for no epidural and encouraging entonox only although I clearly stated by wishes on admission for an early epidural. Did not get wiped down or washed post delivery although offered and transferred to postnatal ward like this which was unacceptable. Postnatal/Swan ward - both nurses from am/pm shift were lovely and helpful but I could see that they were stretched and couldn't provide the care for all the ladies that was required especially since partners weren't allowed on ward due to covid. I felt covid precautions were poor as a mask alone does not suffice. The ward had a lot of unnecessary thoroughfare to and from labour ward. Various staff members were involved which was unnecessary eg dinner ladies etc. Curtains were constantly left open providing no respect/dignity and side tables were moved and not repositioned. Most importantly I was not informed that first time mothers are expected to stay the first night for feeding input. The nurses had the expectation that I stay but I had no clue why and in the end had to complete a self discharge. My understanding was only that I stay because my newborn required meconium obs for 12h. Additionally, I was assured that a newborn hearing test and the infant feeding team would visit during my stay which did not happen - I asked at 3pm when they were coming after waiting the whole day then was told they had gone home. So basically the nurses had not made the requests. This meant that I had to attend with baby another day for 2 separate appointments for each of these - does not make sense when trying to minimise contact during a pandemic and a waste of resources! Not a great experience overall, need more staff/input esp if partners not allowed to stay.

Review of MacGregor Ward,
22nd February 2021

My only concern has been the very long waiting time to be seen, which is obviously largely because of the Covid situation, and possibly because of under-staffing. We saw a specialist nurse (Rebecca Still) who was obviously highly knowledgeable, committed and aiming to improve the system where possible, but perhaps you need to employ two or three more Rebeccas to get through the caseload in a more timely manner!

As above

Suitable Location
Next Steps
Support
Review of Physiotherapy Outpatients Women's and Men's Health Specialty,
22nd February 2021

I had a very professional and friendly phone conversation with Louisa Ford, made me feel more confident with my problem. Thank you very much.

Everything was very good and sufficient .

Rating not given.
Review of Swan Ward Post Natal ,
22nd February 2021

The care was excellent both on swan ward and the labour ward. Amy and liz were really supportive during my labour, very attentive and professional which gave me a very different experience to having my first child where myself and my husband felt very alone. Thank you very much for this you’ve changed our view of this. The team on swan ward were also very professional and helpful. Being on a ward with other people was very difficult though as you get disturbed constantly so you can’t get the rest you need. The other great improvement I experienced was having dedicated midwives supporting with breast feeding this gave us a great start. They were very helpful and supportive. Furthermore we really appreciate the opportunity to attend the feeding clinic, this was not available last time and so we had to go private as our son had a tongue tie. Many people we knew at the time gave up on breast feeding due to tongue tie and the lack of support. All in all this was a much better experience than our first experience, thank you very much.

Separate rooms on the post natal ward. More birthing poos and baths

Review of MacGregor Ward,
21st February 2021

We were very pleased with our experience of attending MacGregor ward to see the specialist allergy nurse, Rebecca Still. The information provided was very clear and we felt very supported.

N/A

Suitable Location
Next Steps
Support
Review of Audiology Outpatients Warwick OPD,
20th February 2021

Current circumstances are not good. However, I thought that the Audiology Dept was well organised and I was seen pretty well on time. I was seen by two audiologists, both I thought were very professional and engaged with me throughout the whole process. This I think is worth a feedback.

Cannot think of anything.

Review of Special Care Baby Unit Warwick Hospital,
20th February 2021

All of the staff were wonderful with us as parents and { }. Debbie helped support me with bf which was wonderful.

Nothing - keep doing the amazing work that you are!

Experience

{{category}} working at Warwick Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Warwick Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6ei