warwick-hospital

Lakin Road, Warwick, England, CV34 5BW

1 2 3 4 5 135,323 reviews

Review of Machen Eye Unit,
6th May 2021

My consultation with Mr Elsherbiny was outstanding. He was kind and respectful. He was the first person who explained fully what my condition involved, what the future holds and what I needed to do to help prevent deterioration. He gave clear and unhurried answers to all my questions. All other members of staff were reassuring and put me at ease immediately.

As far as I was concerned, this was as near the ideal outpatient appointment as it could be so I have no suggestions for improvement

Review of Swan Ward Post Natal ,
5th May 2021

Me and my partner are so grateful for all the care we received during the birth of our daughter, we felt informed at every step and felt so safe under the midwifes and doctors care. Helen and Becky were amazing and so supportive, we couldn't have asked for better midwifes on our journey to becoming parents, we are so grateful to them for all the support they provided us.

I completly understand that covid measures have to be in place to protect the medical staff and other patients but felt that the 2 hour visiting slot for partners was too short and not long enough to allow proper bonding time with the baby.

Review of Endoscopy Unit - Warwick ,
4th May 2021

Everyone was so nice and I even got a cup of tea. Lovely.

It is difficult to think of anything that could have been done better. The test results were reassuring also.

Written by a NHS patient
3rd May 2021

I was told by 111 to go to a&e within and be seen within the hour. I arrived at a&e and the receptionist was very unfriendly and seemed she was almost angry at me for being there. After being told my accident was serious, she shrugged it off and told me to go to minor Injurys. I then arrived at minor Injurys and get told I should be in a&e and have to go back. By this time I am now the last in the que and people who arrived way after me are being seen to before. Whilst waiting for my second time, I witnessed the receptionist to be rude to another patient. After then being seen I AM SENT BACK TO MINOR INJURYS. so I have been here for two hours and sent back and fourth and just shoved around. I am writing this waiting to be seen but I won’t be surprised if I get sent back to a&e. Each doctor I have seen so far came across Like I was annoying and unimportant and it was my issue not theirs. Really not happy with how I have been treated. I understand covid has impacted hospitals but this is just a joke.

Safe
Review of Hatton Ward,
2nd May 2021

Good experience overall

Wish i got more info about when my scans where but it was busy so i understand why

Written by a NHS patient
30th April 2021

I met Dr Tilak in the pain clinic at the Stratford Hospital and the service was amazing. i really felt like this Dr cared and had fully reviewed my notes to establish his conclusion.

Safe
Review of Swan Ward Post Natal ,
28th April 2021

It was a particularly busy night on Swan Ward but I felt totally abandoned. I’d had an epidural in order to repair my 3rd degree tear and was therefore catheterised and could not feel my legs. I was put in a bed with the curtain drawn round me and not checked on for hours. I felt dirty, I had my baby on me and couldn’t reach her cot to put her down and was also struggling to breastfeed her. I had to ring my bell a d wait 25 minutes for a midwife/nurse to come and see me. When I said I couldn’t get my baby to latch on, I was told I should ring my bell!! I did but nobody came! It was after ringing my bell and waiting half an hour that I finally got the catheter taken out and changed into a nightie. There was no offer of help with a bath or shower. The midwives were totally overstretched with the number of patients and were therefore not very comforting/attentive. The whole experience of that first night has left me feeling pretty traumatised!

I appreciate it was a busy night on the ward but more staff were needed to ensure patients’ needs were met and appropriate care and support given. No new first time mum should feel like I did that night. It would put me off having another baby at Warwick hospital.

Review of Colposcopy Unit - Warwick Hospital,
28th April 2021

From the moment I walked through the door I was greeted with a smile and a caring nature from each individual of the team. Everything was explained to me in a caring manner. I could not fault anything about the team. Thank you so much for all the care you gave and remember with all the great work you do, to also take care yourselves.

Nothing because you did everything and more in the care you gave.

Review of Delivery Suite,
28th April 2021

The midwives looking after me were kind and calm. My labour was very quick and they did their best to reassure me and stop me panicking.

I was induced and the pessary worked very quickly. I had no time to prepare for the intensity of contractions so wonder if the pessary should have been removed sooner so it wasn’t such a fast labour.

Review of Colposcopy Unit - Warwick Hospital,
28th April 2021

The whole team were very passionate and caring. As a 23 year old female going through a procedure that I had can be embarrassing. I was treated with dignity throughout. The consultant had a timely manor to go through the outcome from the procedure. The health care assistant in the team was amazing! She stood by me the whole time distracting me and when it was painful she held my hand. I can’t thank her enough for the support she gave me. Had such a caring professional manor. Thank you to the team during my colposcopy.

Nothing the care was excellent

Experience

{{category}} working at Warwick Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Warwick Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6ei