Ulster Independent Clinic

245 Stranmillis Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT9 5JH

4th August 2020

Book else where for outpatient appointments. The Ulster Clinic was given an enforcement order by the Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority (RQIA) in Feb and March 2020. (Google it!). You would think they may be trying to up their game and win back the trust and custom of patients. You would be wrong. Based on several experiences as an Outpatient at The Ulster Clinic I know that you have to allow at least 30 mins to check in. Yes that is slower than most NHS hospitals. But the Ulster Clinic would not seem to care, as this has been going on for years. I arrived 30 mins early for an 8pm appointment. Duly stood in line. Did you think you were going to be given a chair? Did you think that a hospital would have sick, elderly or frail people going to it! Everyone who attends the Ulster Clinic clearly is none of the above. After my 30 min check in. I went to sit outside the door of my Consultant. My appointment was for 8pm it was 7.58pm. There were 5 other people waiting. A little bit troubling. Why were they sitting outside this Doctors door? Surely they were not waiting for him? Perhaps they were all together and were very very early. Maybe they have been here before? Nope. We waited, waited and waited. At 8.20pm one lady and a nurse left the Doc's room. We waited. At 8.25pm he called in the next patient. One of the 5 ladies and her friend went in. That is still 3 people waiting? I have an appt at 8pm? I asked one lady what time is her appt? 7.45pm? the other? 7.30pm? If everyone has a min of 15 mins (but the lady who left was there at least 20 mins!!) that is 45 mins absolute min before I will be seen. Making it 9.15pm which is 1 hour and 15 mins AFTER my appointment at the earliest before I will be seen for my Private Paying appointment? I left. There are other reviews on other sites which clearly state this is an issue which has been going on for years at the Clinic. They clearly do not care. If we don't vote with our feet the Clinic will allow Doctors to make 15 min appointments with zero regard for Paying patients. Book else where!!

13th June 2020

I had a bad experience following an endoscopy about 10 years ago. I had a second endoscopy at Ulster independent yesterday. I was quite naturally wary of the procedure due to my previous experience. I was fearful. Yesterday my experience was far better. I felt included in the procedure, I fully understood everything and I felt greater care was given. 5 stars all round is easy to give, could give no less on all points. Thank you all at Ulster Independent Hospital, and particularly my consultant, theatre nurses, nurses and staff.

{{category}} working at Ulster Independent Clinic ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Ulster Independent Clinic: http://iwgc.net/eb6cr